Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jackson LaDuke (3* ILB) commits to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019

I finally read this whole thread. Good Lord @StrongArmCobra got owned like a rented Mule.

Apparently counting is hard down in the Hilltop.

He's been quiet. Was he suddenly senior'd by Stalin's henchmen?

No I just have a life and I already won bitch.

1. Your own mods say Oregon's class will be in the 20-22 range, not 26. And Oregon is filling up fast on scrubs.

2. Steve Altman is a scumbag the likes of Art Briles. There's no difference between what he did and what Briles did and because Oregon fans a trash, you don't care.
    Do you really think Oregon takes 22 when 18 to 19 graduate with 2 more getting the boot? Skopil must still have his sources from the Helfrich regime. You are stubborn.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

I finally read this whole thread. Good Lord @StrongArmCobra got owned like a rented Mule.

1. Your own mods say Oregon's class will be in the 20-22 range, not 26. And Oregon is filling up fast on scrubs.

2. Steve Altman is a scumbag the likes of Art Briles. There's no difference between what he did and what Briles did and because Oregon fans a trash, you don't care.
    Do you really think Oregon takes 22 when 18 to 19 graduate with 2 more getting the boot? Skopil must still have his sources from the Helfrich regime. You are stubborn.
    All the evidence is on my side. Your boy Skopil is certainly more in the know than you are as a fan. The majority of attrition that could have happened has already happened. Oregon's roster is young. There isn't enough attrition that could happen to get them to 26 that Oregon fans would want. You'd have to lose young guys from your roster that you don't want to lose and they wouldn't be replaced by elite 4 or 5 star recruits either. It's just not happening for Oregon this class. You'd be better off taking a smaller class and hoping for better next class which has more talent available out West.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

All the evidence is on my side. Your boy Skopil is certainly more in the know than you are as a fan. The majority of attrition that could have happened has already happened. Oregon's roster is young. There isn't enough attrition that could happen to get them to 26 that Oregon fans would want. You'd have to lose young guys from your roster that you don't want to lose and they wouldn't be replaced by elite 4 or 5 star recruits either. It's just not happening for Oregon this class. You'd be better off taking a smaller class and hoping for better next class.
    What is the date on that quote? No one following recruiting is saying 20-23 any longer.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This thread makes me want to kill myself even more
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

All the evidence is on my side. Your boy Skopil is certainly more in the know than you are as a fan. The majority of attrition that could have happened has already happened. Oregon's roster is young. There isn't enough attrition that could happen to get them to 26 that Oregon fans would want. You'd have to lose young guys from your roster that you don't want to lose and they wouldn't be replaced by elite 4 or 5 star recruits either. It's just not happening for Oregon this class. You'd be better off taking a smaller class and hoping for better next class.
    What is the date on that quote? No one following recruiting is saying 20-23 any longer.
    Four days ago.
    https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Board/45/Contents/The-Inside-Read-625-133163096/
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Why do you so desperately want Oregon to take a big class so they can add more scrubs to the roster? They aren't finishing strong. What you see is what you get.
  • Options

Why do you so desperately want Oregon to take a big class so they can add more scrubs to the roster? They aren't finishing strong. What you see is what you get.

There is no desperation. Oregon needs 3 more OL, 2 more DL, Sewell, 2 WR and this is at minimum. Oregon could get by on 23 but likely takes more.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Who’s parents own the third best dry cleaners in Eugene?

And who is Mops?

Yeah, let’s listen to those guys.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

There is no desperation. Oregon needs 3 more OL, 2 more DL, Sewell, 2 WR and this is at minimum. Oregon could get by on 23 but likely takes more scrubs than that.
    If you say so.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

There is no desperation. Oregon needs 3 more OL, 2 more DL, Sewell, 2 WR and this is at minimum. Oregon could get by on 23 but likely takes more scrubs than that.
    If you say so.
    Stick with self-loathing. You're better at that than being clever.

#dontblametheblackguys

#readthereport

#nomaincampus4u
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Four days ago.
    https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Board/45/Contents/The-Inside-Read-625-133163096/
    I back the SAC on this one.

19 hours ago from Kevin Wade:

“Oregon is currently at 15 commitments and with a class of only maybe 20-23 prospects the Ducks will have to be a little more selective, especially being in the conversation for some very elite prospects.”
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Four days ago.
    I back the SAC on this one.

19 hours ago from Kevin Wade:

“Oregon is currently at 15 commitments and with a class of only maybe 20-23 prospects the Ducks will have to be a little more selective, especially being in the conversation for some very elite prospects.”
    Duckterritory has no inside information and that’s why I stopped paying for it. Sorry, Prehm, Skopil and Wade are good guys but the product isn’t worth 10 monthly. It doesn’t surprise me at all that they’re pushing this narrative.

20 would be disastrous. In fact, 23 doesn’t cover all of the needs. Most recruitniks are predicting 25 or 26. There is still fat to be trimmed from the 85.
  • Options
    Taking 20 in this class will most likely mean Oregon isn’t even at 85 next year. It would be Helf like managment. Also, Oregon has 6 outgoing OL with two commits and 5 outgoing DL with 2 committed. Even if they don’t fully replace, they’re taking 5 more to net -1. Add in an additional 2 WRs and Sewell and that take them to 23.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

Taking 20 in this class will most likely mean Oregon isn’t even at 85 next year. It would be Helf like managment. Also, Oregon has 6 outgoing OL with two commits and 5 outgoing DL with 2 committed. Even if they don’t fully replace, they’re taking 5 more to net -1. Add in an additional 2 WRs and Sewell and that take them to 23.

Lol unless you want them taking 2-star offensive lineman, they won't get to 6. The best guys they're getting right now suck ass. How bad would it get if they have to keep taking more after that?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

I think the moor likely scenario is we take 2 moor offensive lineman and 2 moor defensive ones and due do diligence in the grad transfer market. Six freshmen and/or JC linemen on the roaster, all of whom probably need to redshirt, is a dangerous proposition for depth. If Jordon Scott jumps ship to the NFL, yore going to need someone who can rotate with Aumavae at the bear minimum. If yore not 100% convinced in Shough after the season, you need a grad transfer to compete with him in 2020.

Can you get to 26? Easily. But it given where the recruiting class as a whole on the West Coast, especially at Offensive Line, it might be better to use some of those piece for depth knowing you get them back in 2021.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

I think the moor likely scenario is we take 2 moor offensive lineman and 2 moor defensive ones and due do diligence in the grad transfer market. Six freshmen and/or JC linemen on the roaster, all of whom probably need to redshirt, is a dangerous proposition for depth. If Jordon Scott jumps ship to the NFL, yore going to need someone who can rotate with Aumavae at the bear minimum. If yore not 100% convinced in Shough after the season, you need a grad transfer to compete with him in 2020.

Can you get to 26? Easily. But it given where the recruiting class as a whole on the West Coast, especially at Offensive Line, it might be better to use some of those piece for depth knowing you get them back in 2021.
    Jaylan Jeffers and a couple of Jucos like Coffey and Bass are seemingly the OL targets. They would take Rogers.

That separates the classes. They will take one or maybe two of the Jucos.

I definitely see a nose guard type and one more DE.

I believe the staff is confident in Shough.

• Options

lawsandl said:

Lol unless you want them taking 2-star offensive lineman, they won't get to 6. The best guys they're getting right now suck ass. How bad would it get if they have to keep taking more after that?

There are plenty OL still available that Cristobal offered early. Also, Cristobal landed Sewell late in the cycle. Lastly, as much as you don’t like Harper and Jeffers, they have great athletic profiles.

• Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

There are plenty OL still available that Cristobal offered early. Also, Cristobal landed Sewell late in the cycle. Lastly, as much as you don’t like Harper and Jeffers, they have great athletic profiles.

They are not athletic dude. Jeffers is like a less athletic Luke Wattenberg and Oregon wants him at Tackle whereas Wattenberg is strictly a Guard for UW. Those guys suck. Your O-line recruiting is really bad this class. Did you really bring up Sewell as a previous late addition recruit and try to equate that to this class? Where the hell is the 5-star lineman Oregon is gonna land late? I don't see him.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

They are not athletic dude. Jeffers is like a less athletic Luke Wattenberg and Oregon wants him at Tackle whereas Wattenberg is strictly a Guard for UW. Those guys suck. Your O-line recruiting is really bad this class. Did you really bring up Sewell as a previous late addition recruit and try to equate that to this class? Where the hell is the 5-star lineman Oregon is gonna land late? I don't see him.
    The point is a late addition could be someone higher up their board than lower. I am not saying it will be a Sewell caliber kid.

Also, what is it with UW fans and their comparisons? Who gives a shit about Wattenberg? Both the committed OLs and Jeffers have good offer sheets. I know you will tell me they’re not committable (yet all offers out by Oregon are and UW limits theirs but only makes non-committable offers to Oregon targets).

• Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

The point is a late addition could be someone higher up their board than lower. I am not saying it will be a Sewell caliber kid.

Also, what is it with UW fans and their comparisons? Who gives a shit about Wattenberg? Both the committed OLs and Jeffers have good offer sheets. I know you will tell me they’re not committable (yet all offers out by Oregon are and UW limits theirs but only makes non-committable offers to Oregon targets).

Who did Oregon have to beat to get Harper? Purdue and Iowa State

Who did they have to beat to get the beached whale? Nobody.

You know damn well they didn't have any good committable offers. So why do you need me to tell you? Don't be in denial.