Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Newest book by Derek Johnson (Coming this August)

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can I get a shout out in the afterword or dedicated section?

Nothing fancy, a simple thank you will do.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    I'm surprised that I'm surprised that more people didn't find the notion of Bazey being George Michael driving a cab to be LOL funny.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'm surprised that I'm surprised that more people didn't find the notion of Bazey being George Michael driving a cab to be LOL funny.

Quite honestly, I think most people here already see me as a cigarette-smoking, cab-driving, bearded gaybob. So, the George Michael reference didn't really raise any eyebrows among the HCH crowd.

I'll try not to die at age 53 on Christmas day.
    I mean BTP chinned the post and he wasn't even born when that video came out
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

Quite honestly, I think most people here already see me as a cigarette-smoking, cab-driving, bearded gaybob. So, the George Michael reference didn't really raise any eyebrows among the HCH crowd.

BTP is a lot more worldly than we ever thought. I used to think he was your typical pajama-wearing, hot-chocolate drinking millennial.

He has turned into quite the contributor on HCH. All that being said, BTP does tend to chin a lot of poasts.
  • Options
    Founders Club

BTP is a lot more worldly than we ever thought. I used to think he was your typical pajama-wearing, hot-chocolate drinking millennial.

He has turned into quite the contributor on HCH. All that being said, BTP does tend to chin a lot of poasts.
    Our little boy is all grown up!

P.S. - Nice avatar!
  • Options
    Founders Club

P.S. - Nice avatar!
    Thanks... ;)

• Options
    Founders Club

P.S. - Nice avatar!
    Thanks... ;)

I guess I'm to blame for teeing that up for you
  • Options
    Founders Club

P.S. - Nice avatar!
    Thanks... ;)

I guess I'm to blame for teeing that up for you
    Yup!
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Murdered by an illegal alien. Build the fucking wall, deport all here illegally, jail sanctuary politicians and business owners who hire illegals. One set of rules for Americans vs. a less harsh set of rules for foreign invaders is bullshit.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Hey everybody... Slightly more than two years after starting the project, my next book is complete and has entered the production stage. The targeted release date is August 17. It's called The Beautiful Life and Tragic Death of Parker Moore. For those unfamiliar with the story, Parker was an amazing young man who was graduating from Woodinville High School just as I arrived at The Woodinville Weekly in 2013. He went on to Linfield College in Oregon to play football as a linebacker and to study finance.

On November 15, 2014, Parker entered a 7-Eleven in McMinnville, Oregon late at night. He was randomly murdered inside that store. To everyone who knew him, this news was not only horrific but also incomprehensible. While in high school, he'd been jokingly crowned "Most Likely to be a Trophy Husband". But in reality, Parker Moore was going to become something epic in this world and give back much to society. Friends and teammates could clearly see that. Parker was handsome, charismatic, brilliant, mischievous, cunning, athletic and funny. Above all, however, he possessed tremendous empathy. If a mad scientist were to concoct all the ingredients needed for a great future leader, they would've created Parker Moore.

But his life was snuffed out in a moment of horrific, random violence. The ramifications of his murder deeply impacted the communities of Woodinnville and McMinnville. The lives of his friends and family were shattered and altered. Through all this came the grappling for meaning and the reconciling of faith. (People had different responses to the questions of the impact on their faith).

As I worked on this book, I grew close with Douglas Archie Moore and Julee Moore. I also received invaluable input from their daughter Hayley. Their help and trust were critical. At the outset I told them I wouldn't write the book without their blessing. Portions of these interviews ventured into private and vulnerable areas of their lives. The Moores answered the questions despite the pain or discomfort they felt. For that I am grateful.

In all, I conducted sixty-one interviews with family, friends, coaches and teammates. There were lots of tears but also funny moments they shared from Parker's life. Some stories I really enjoyed had to be cut from the book for the sake of the overall story. But once the book launches, I will have a blog on my redesigned website derekjohnsonbooks.com, which will be rolled out in mid-August. I will tell some of those wonderful stories on the blog.

On Wednesday September 18, we will be having an event to commemorate the book at The Pizza Coop in Woodinville. It will run from 7p.m.-10p.m. Everyone is welcome to drop by.

Sounds like a great book Stalin. Later could you write a book on the downfall of UW under TW, the politics, the race card, the shame, the disgust by loyal season-ticket holders, the innards of that mess. Id like to know what his coaches, players has to say about that hot shit fuckshow.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Hey everybody... Slightly more than two years after starting the project, my next book is complete and has entered the production stage. The targeted release date is August 17. It's called The Beautiful Life and Tragic Death of Parker Moore. For those unfamiliar with the story, Parker was an amazing young man who was graduating from Woodinville High School just as I arrived at The Woodinville Weekly in 2013. He went on to Linfield College in Oregon to play football as a linebacker and to study finance.

On November 15, 2014, Parker entered a 7-Eleven in McMinnville, Oregon late at night. He was randomly murdered inside that store. To everyone who knew him, this news was not only horrific but also incomprehensible. While in high school, he'd been jokingly crowned "Most Likely to be a Trophy Husband". But in reality, Parker Moore was going to become something epic in this world and give back much to society. Friends and teammates could clearly see that. Parker was handsome, charismatic, brilliant, mischievous, cunning, athletic and funny. Above all, however, he possessed tremendous empathy. If a mad scientist were to concoct all the ingredients needed for a great future leader, they would've created Parker Moore.

But his life was snuffed out in a moment of horrific, random violence. The ramifications of his murder deeply impacted the communities of Woodinnville and McMinnville. The lives of his friends and family were shattered and altered. Through all this came the grappling for meaning and the reconciling of faith. (People had different responses to the questions of the impact on their faith).

As I worked on this book, I grew close with Douglas Archie Moore and Julee Moore. I also received invaluable input from their daughter Hayley. Their help and trust were critical. At the outset I told them I wouldn't write the book without their blessing. Portions of these interviews ventured into private and vulnerable areas of their lives. The Moores answered the questions despite the pain or discomfort they felt. For that I am grateful.

In all, I conducted sixty-one interviews with family, friends, coaches and teammates. There were lots of tears but also funny moments they shared from Parker's life. Some stories I really enjoyed had to be cut from the book for the sake of the overall story. But once the book launches, I will have a blog on my redesigned website derekjohnsonbooks.com, which will be rolled out in mid-August. I will tell some of those wonderful stories on the blog.

On Wednesday September 18, we will be having an event to commemorate the book at The Pizza Coop in Woodinville. It will run from 7p.m.-10p.m. Everyone is welcome to drop by.

Sounds like a great book Stalin. Later could you write a book on the downfall of UW under TW, the politics, the race card, the shame, the disgust by loyal season-ticket holders, the innards of that mess. Id like to know what his coaches, players has to say about that hot shit fuckshow.
    Christ!

LOL!
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Christ!

LOL!
    Post directed at Stalin Baze. You cant complete a fucking sentence so bow out. Good lord you are like noxious gas. You just linger around other posters and pounce. Do something on your own..leave discussion for those over the competent range on the IQ scale
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

Murdered by an illegal alien. Build the fucking wall, deport all here illegally, jail sanctuary politicians and business owners who hire illegals. One set of rules for Americans vs. a less harsh set of rules for foreign invaders is bullshit.

Legal immigration is the lifeblood of America. But to not screen for a criminal element is a slow suicide. To allow everyone to come in is a political move by the Dems pretending to be compassionate, not a practical move by strong leaders. In the same manner that you would never let a random stranger live in your home around your wife and kids.
    Haven't been to Grant's Pass since my nephew's funeral. Hits real fucking close to home. This article does not state that he was illegal, but he and his family in fact were.

https://mailtribune.com/business/g-p-police-arrest-teen-after-fatal-stabbing
  • Options
    dnc said:

Chinned. This is a fantastic idea.

I'd also recommend Stalin pen a look at Husky Football in the Don James era. Our fanbase needs an intimate portrayal of Don James' career at Washington. This could be required reading for anyone who loves Husky Football and the honorable man who was its coach.
    There was already a great book on DJ, we all know what happened with bug-eyed Barbie, upper campus;, pup dumped his liquid disgust contraband on the bitch above the tunnel in 1996. Proudest day of my husky game lifetime. ... Old news. Lets move on to the millenium, the disaster after Rick left. He was such a cool coach. Players loved him. Victor Rodgers a prime example . I really liked the Weaz, and he saved husky football. Hedges only accomplishment was that bold move. Neuheisel gives a hell of an interview.

Rick did bring dawgball back, but had a history of destroying running games. After Tui left he did just that. I want to know what happened from the time gilby through Sark mucked everything up. Thats a compelling book.