Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cigars

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
So @UW_Doog_Bot has been on me for awhile telling me I need to get into cigars. Expand my horizons beyond firearms, cheep beer and fine watches. Of course @YellowSnow is all over me about getting some decent turntable equipment and becoming an Audiophile. I mean fuck man, I work at Orkin, not sure I have money for guns, watches, vinyl and cigars. How many costly hobbies can a guy have, especially with a baby on the way?

That said, I am interested in cigars, and I know fuck all about them. We got any cigar aficionados around here who can throw out some hawt talk on the Cubanos? Nice humidors? How to get started? Best brands that won;t bankrupt me so I can still get a gun or watch every once in a blue moon? Let's go! Cigar hawt talk!

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They are machine rolled and not the best but I love the Macanudo Ascot mini cigar 10 pack. Think Clint Eastwood lighting dynamite. About $2 per cigar. Churchill size Macanudo are more like $10.

I like all the classic brands like Monte Cristo, Davidoff, etc
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

They are machine rolled and not the best but I love the Macanudo Ascot mini cigar 10 pack. Think Clint Eastwood lighting dynamite. About $2 per cigar. Churchill size Macanudo are more like $10.

I like all the classic brands like Monte Cristo, Davidoff, etc

Love the Mac minis for a quick smoke. Need to get a box of them.

Arturo Fuente is my go to though I change up the specific cigar I smoke depending on how much I want to smoke.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

So @UW_Doog_Bot has been on me for awhile telling me I need to get into cigars. Expand my horizons beyond firearms, cheep beer and fine watches. Of course @YellowSnow is all over me about getting some decent turntable equipment and becoming an Audiophile. I mean fuck man, I work at Orkin, not sure I have money for guns, watches, vinyl and cigars. How many costly hobbies can a guy have, especially with a baby on the way?

That said, I am interested in cigars, and I know fuck all about them. We got any cigar aficionados around here who can throw out some hawt talk on the Cubanos? Nice humidors? How to get started? Best brands that won;t bankrupt me so I can still get a gun or watch every once in a blue moon? Let's go! Cigar hawt talk!

Now THAT is a woman. #NoTats
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I seem to remember George Carlin being quite the cigar aficionado:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY1eXnbB1Mg
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

10 bucks says she has a tramp stamp.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

10 bucks says she has a tramp stamp.
    Nah, she didn't, but she was still alright.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    Wait you're into cheap beer?

Expensive craft beer is how you do drugs while you're married with a pregnant wife.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You need the Vanilla.Comments.Edit permission to do that.

Fuck off you second rate pos coders.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    ?site.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: Y is not defined
    at ?site.js:1

LOL
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In my house I have a closet converted into a humidor. I really love Fuentes. I buy Fuente Queen Bs by the box.

I like Opus Xs a lot too. I have a thing for medium cigars.

I like Ashtons as well.

Fuente Hemingways are also a favorite.

These days there are so many great cigars on the market, it’s really incredible.

But I got a real thing for Fuentes.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A former suitor of mine was kind enough to share a few from his collection but I never got into it.

They would be a classy thing to pass out to all your friends after the birth of your new baby!

Clinton style or traditional?

Founders Club

A former suitor of mine was kind enough to share a few from his collection but I never got into it.

They would be a classy thing to pass out to all your friends after the birth of your new baby!

Or hoard them all myself and give my friends nothing.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A quality inexpensive cigar to begin would be the Padron 1000's series in my opinion. Find the length and diameter that suits how long you want to smoke it for.

I like the rich musty, leather, wood, barnyard flavors. Medium to strong flavor and strength. I smoke a lot of Cuban Bolivars and Montecristo. Padron Family Reserve are great. High quality and bring tobacco strength and pepper into it. I love Liga Privada, rich and smooth. The most enjoyable cigar I've ever had was a Fuentes Opus X, every one has been exceptional. Another one that's always interesting to get a hold of is a Tatuaje, really nice.

This guy is a tard but I got a lot of good tips from his vids https://www.youtube.com/user/cigarobsession
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Throbber prefers to enjoy his cigars Bill Clinton style.

That was a Paul Garmirian. Very trendy DC, boutique smoke.

Founders Club
    The cigar hawt talk is palpable