Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are ya Woke now Oberlin?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    The green new deal isn't about clean energy
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,228 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

@SFGBob: Maybe 3/4ths of the Dem candidates seem like Oberlin material based on their pandering on the campaign trail, but you know better than to take any politician of any party at their word. CC has it right that Oberlin is a Sawant ideology embracing campus but that doesn't mean 3/4ths of the Dems would govern from that same spot on the spectrum. In fact, a brief study of the last 30 years would tell you that most of the voting public in this country is not where Oberlin is, including the Dems you're citing. It's a little early in the race to be making sweeping judgments because at this point the only rule is "say anything to get primary votes." And the primaries draw all the nut jobs out early.

I agree but I wasn't talking about the average voting public. I was talking about the average Rat who is currently running for President. And where someone like Bernie or Mayor Pete may be able to govern from isn't the same as where their personal political positions my really be.

Obama is a great example of someone who was much further left than he was able to govern from.

Yeah you can dismiss Oberlin student body as a bunch of far left radicals as O'Keefed was trying to do, but the reality is that many of the people currently running for President are every bit as radical in their positions. I can only basis my opinions on what the candidates are actually saying, If they're lying just to get votes that's on them not me.

Pete will govern while bent over the couch!

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

@SFGBob: Maybe 3/4ths of the Dem candidates seem like Oberlin material based on their pandering on the campaign trail, but you know better than to take any politician of any party at their word. CC has it right that Oberlin is a Sawant ideology embracing campus but that doesn't mean 3/4ths of the Dems would govern from that same spot on the spectrum. In fact, a brief study of the last 30 years would tell you that most of the voting public in this country is not where Oberlin is, including the Dems you're citing. It's a little early in the race to be making sweeping judgments because at this point the only rule is "say anything to get primary votes." And the primaries draw all the nut jobs out early.

I agree but I wasn't talking about the average voting public. I was talking about the average Rat who is currently running for President. And where someone like Bernie or Mayor Pete may be able to govern from isn't the same as where their personal political positions my really be.

Obama is a great example of someone who was much further left than he was able to govern from.

Yeah you can dismiss Oberlin student body as a bunch of far left radicals as O'Keefed was trying to do, but the reality is that many of the people currently running for President are every bit as radical in their positions. I can only basis my opinions on what the candidates are actually saying, If they're lying just to get votes that's on them not me.

Sodomy and adultery are both sins according the good book, Sled. Why is one OK in a POTUS and the other not?
    Link?
    On the violations.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Sledog said:

On the violations.

Trump is a known adulterer and Mayor Pete likes men. What links are you looking for?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Sodomy and adultery are both sins according the good book, Sled. Why is one OK in a POTUS and the other not?
    Bootlicker has to lick boots.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Sodomy and adultery are always good

Hth
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Sodomy and adultery are always good

Hth
    Whynotboth.gif

Sledog said:

On the violations.

Trump is a known adulterer and Mayor Pete likes men. What links are you looking for?
    I guess we'll wait for the fire and brimstone to decide. Oh yeah it did.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Link?
    JFC
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

On the violations.

Do you ever have any good sauce? Ever?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,955
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Is that what you call what you do in service for El Monte?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    SFGbob said:

Well of course they are lying just to get votes. That’s what politicians do. And the higher the level of election, the more incentive to lie there is. You are correct that if you take the word of these candidates to heart, they are bordering on the lunacy of Oberlin.

The political pendulum is what got Trump elected. And the effect of that now has that pendulum swinging harder and faster to the left than it has in modern times. And all the candidates are racing as far and fast as they can to out lib each other.

But they All know that they can’t put their words into action if elected. It’s a Dog n Pony show.
    edited June 2019

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

On the violations.

More than you. You ain't exactly Buddy Hackett.
    SFGbob said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

No. Now go fuck off, you fucking pussy.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,955
    dflea said:

SFGbob said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Naaah, your pet name for El Monte’s bunghole is “boot”
    SFGbob said:

dflea said:

SFGbob said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Naaah, your pet name for El Monte’s bunghole is “boot”
    My pet name for you is fucking pussy.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

On the violations.

Does Fire Sauce count?