Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peak oil

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,823
    PurpleJ said:

A lot of dumb shit gets said here, but this is right up there. Obama was one of the most pro-oil Presidents of all time and that jump in production is largely due to him.

Still wouldn't cut it on the Leceister boards.

Sad.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,844 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

BendMeOver trusts journalists over CPAs on financial reporting matters. Nice work man.

Wow. Hondo Freudian Slips that he's a Catcher, too.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

BendMeOver trusts journalists over CPAs on financial reporting matters. Nice work man.

And you trust journalists over actual scientific studies that you won’t not read.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

And you trust journalists over actual scientific studies that you won’t not read.
    I definitely won't not read them Mike.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I definitely won't not read them Mike.
    Well, you haven’t so that’s true.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,773
    2001400ex said:

J is destroying Bob in this thread. Best part is, Bob is still clueless about it.

I always knew you preferred to watch.

#cuck
    MisterEm said:

PurpleJ said:

A lot of dumb shit gets said here, but this is right up there. Obama was one of the most pro-oil Presidents of all time and that jump in production is largely due to him.

Holy shit, J. Stick to Tacoma tuff talk.

Production /= pro-oil.

Obama was anti-extraction for ANY raw materials. Obama made environmental consulting firms jizz with delight with the extra regulatory red tape added during his tenure.

Take a look at his commerce and interior appointees and then tell me he was pro oil.

HondoFS logic right here.
    I thought you were better than this.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,196 Founders Club
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,322 Swaye's Wigwam
    Obama was only "pro-oil" if you live so far left that you believe "not doing enough to stop it" is the same as you know, actively helping the industry. JFC.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,374 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

Obama was no friend of the resource extraction industries.

• HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    There was never an oil shortage and we foolishly brought up production to the point where President Obama had to lift the export ban. Gas prices came down when oil speculators were facing jail and massive fines and they picked up their ball and went home.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 32,911 Standard Supporter

There was never an oil shortage and we foolishly brought up production to the point where President Obama had to lift the export ban. Gas prices came down when oil speculators were facing jail and massive fines and they picked up their ball and went home.

Obama wanted gas prices as high as possible to keep people from driving. He's that big an ass.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,937

Obama prosecuted all of one entity for oil speculation and it was a case that was started under Bush and you've been informed of all of this numerous times, but just like Hondo, you just repeat your lies over and over again. I guess I should take this as a step forward since you did use to claim he put oil speculators in jail
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,937

So then Obama and the Rats were lying when they said we couldn't drill our way out it.

Got it.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,937 Standard Supporter
    Dodo doesn't do supply and demand or math. Dodo lies and loves to be lied to.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,160

Obama was only "pro-oil" if you live so far left that you believe "not doing enough to stop it" is the same as you know, actively helping the industry. JFC.

Yep, that's J, biggest leftie bastard I know.

NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!!!! MAKE LOVE NOT WAR!!!!
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member Posts: 1,796
    PurpleJ said:

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR!!!!
    If it’s a popular war you can do both.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,163
    The US has not and cannot drill it's way to energy independence. We still consume more than we produce. If our production increased to where we were an oil exporter, the price of oil would tank to where it was not profitable. We would need to have lower production internationally as well as increased production domestically. It is still a positive for the economy today if we produce more oil though.

Peak oil is a real concept insofar as at some point we will have produced more oil than at any other point. So far people have been terrible at predicting that point. Oil is a finite resource and we do produce it faster than it is created though, so we will get there even if we don't intentionally move away from oil due to non-economic factors.

Climate change is real and the globe is warming at an unprecedented rate because of human inputs to the atmosphere, among other factors. There is a real cost to the future in burning fossil fuels today.

Source: myself - I have a PhD in geophysics and experience in oil exploration and production at one of the largest oil companies in the world. The rest of you can fuck off if you disagree because your opinions are worthless.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,961
    Mad_Son said:

The US has not and cannot drill it's way to energy independence. We still consume more than we produce. If our production increased to where we were an oil exporter, the price of oil would tank to where it was not profitable. We would need to have lower production internationally as well as increased production domestically. It is still a positive for the economy today if we produce more oil though.

Peak oil is a real concept insofar as at some point we will have produced more oil than at any other point. So far people have been terrible at predicting that point. Oil is a finite resource and we do produce it faster than it is created though, so we will get there even if we don't intentionally move away from oil due to non-economic factors.

Climate change is real and the globe is warming at an unprecedented rate because of human inputs to the atmosphere, among other factors. There is a real cost to the future in burning fossil fuels today.

Source: myself - I have a PhD in geophysics and experience in oil exploration and production at one of the largest oil companies in the world. The rest of you can fuck off if you disagree because your opinions are worthless.

The US is basically already there and Global Warming is a hoax but ok.