Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Resurrection.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,250
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I wonder if we should assemble a glossary of HHB terminology.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Really, this board needs more intelligent conversations, and less smart ass comments to become a viable source of Dawg Conversations. Maybe you can help there.

If you want more intelligent conversations that is fine. But if you're going to take shots at smart ass comments, you're gone

Harry thought this board was all about smart ass comments because that's all he saw prior to joining. Reading smart ass comments is a good way to pass the time, as is licking one's balls. Just like everything the latter gets boring after awhile...
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

yes I hear you... When I was having a private conversation with Kim in 2010 and as a friend I sincerely expressed my concern that he had sold his soul to curry favor with the AD, he became incensed and said that I had disrespected him and Dawgman.com. That was probably the first key moment where I realized that he was irredeemable and had gone over Sarkisian Falls in a barrel.

You gotta be kiddin' me. "Disrespected him and Dawgman.com?" I think the guy has completely lost it. "Derek Johnson! For treasonous statements against the king, you are hereby banished to the penal colony of Australia forever!"

Perhaps some day outside of Husky Stadium we'll see the statues of Owens, James, and grinolds. Disrespected Dawgman...good gawd.
  • Options

Really, this board needs more intelligent conversations, and less smart ass comments to become a viable source of Dawg Conversations. Maybe you can help there.

If you want more intelligent conversations that is fine. But if you're going to take shots at smart ass comments, you're gone

Race - I hope you're being sarcastic. This is my first ever thread, so I was (naturally) sparking discussion on why I'm here, and why this board even exists - because dawgman.com has become the north korea of websites (i.e., dictatorship and censorship).

Trust me, in the future I will be happy to chime in on:
    - whether Josh Shirley can keep from being ridden out of plays;
    - the offensive line's ongoing struggles;
    - Shaq Thompson's rise to being the best player on the team (including ASJ and Kasen); and
    - Keith Price's return to 2011 form, or futher slide into the abyss.

I will start/contribute to threads on these and a million other topics. Don't worry.
  • Options

Welcome Passion.

If you can't stand Kim and his sellout mentality, there's a place for you here. Our goal here is to have honest and candid conversations about Husky Football.

But we're also going to have our fun. We're not going to take ourselves too seriously and were going to rip on Kim and the others at Dawgman as much as possible. Like iDawg said in an HHB podcast, "It's like Einstein asking you to pull his finger."

Thanks CheersWestDawg. Glad to be here.

By the way, I drove by Sark's house and kim was outside mowing the lawn.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

yes I hear you... When I was having a private conversation with Kim in 2010 and as a friend I sincerely expressed my concern that he had sold his soul to curry favor with the AD, he became incensed and said that I had disrespected him and Dawgman.com. That was probably the first key moment where I realized that he was irredeemable and had gone over Sarkisian Falls in a barrel.

That's when I would have quit on the spot.

Disrespect him and Dawgman.com? Does he think he is John Gotti or something?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Race - I hope you're being sarcastic. This is my first ever thread, so I was (naturally) sparking discussion on why I'm here, and why this board even exists - because dawgman.com has become the north korea of websites (i.e., dictatorship and censorship).

- Shaq Thompson's rise to being the best player on the team (including ASJ and Kasen); and

I will start/contribute to threads on these and a million other topics. Don't worry.
    Sounds like you will be getting back to talking X's and O's
  • Options
    Founders Club

And the conversation was private; it wasn't even in the middle of the store.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Of course I'm being sarcastic. I've been banned from polite society for so long that I don't even try to fit in. I don't care if guys want serious football talk I just personally can't do it anymore. Its futile with this fucked up program to expect anything other than the same old shit. 2013 wont be special. Go Bruins. Fuck the Huskies. Carry on
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

And the conversation was private; it wasn't even in the middle of the store.
    If you talk about the store, you're gone.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Welcome Passion.

If you can't stand Kim and his sellout mentality, there's a place for you here. Our goal here is to have honest and candid conversations about Husky Football.

But we're also going to have our fun. We're not going to take ourselves too seriously and were going to rip on Kim and the others at Dawgman as much as possible. Like iDawg said in an HHB podcast, "It's like Einstein asking you to pull his finger."

Great smart ass comment as always.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Welcome Passion.

Great smart ass comment as always.
    You mean he wasn't being literal?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I wonder if we should assemble a glossary of HHB terminology.

If you have to explain it to people, they're probably never going to get it.

• Options
    DisplacedDawgDisplacedDawg Member Posts: 42
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Passion, those of us that grew tired of being treated like adolescents have found refuge here. Dawgman needs some competition and we need to get this place moving, so welcome. Ironically, my final straw at DM was when I posted *thud* on the board in your absence in reference to losing Daeshon Hall on signing day and got a 3-day timeout.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion, those of us that grew tired of being treated like adolescents have found refuge here. Dawgman needs some competition and we need to get this place moving, so welcome. Ironically, my final straw at DM was when I posted *thud* on the board in your absence in reference to losing Daeshon Hall on signing day and got a 3-day timeout.

Thanks for sharing that. Your story is very similar to most here.

Dawgman.com has become more about the staff (especially Kim) than about the customers and football.

If you go on their message boards, Kim doesn't just state his opinions (which I have no problem with), but he tries to ramrod his opinions down his customers' throats with his sarcasm, bannings, moving threads and his thinly veiled attempt to make people think his opinions aren't clouded by the access he receives from Woody and Sark.

If you even attempt to discuss and/or criticize the offensive line, Cozzetto, and/or Sark - the thread is either moved or Kim tells you in so many ways why you're an idiot for saying that.

His act has become so old that the only way to deal with it is to come over here to Hardcore Husky and make fun of it. Kim ought to follow his own advice and stay away from his message boards for a good 6 or 7 years. But he won't, so HH.com will grow and succeed thanks to his little-man's syndrome.
  • Options

Good for you, DisplacedDawg. "Thud" over losing one of our top recruits resulted in a 3-day suspension? Those people are insane. It's no longer a forum for the free exchange of ideas. Rather, it's a site for cheerleaders. Nothing more. Oh yah, and for people that want to tell the moronic administrators that they're actually smart.

If it weren't for Biggins and Huffman, dawgman.com would be completely useless.
  • Options
    Perhaps it's WAY too early to ask this question, but is there a chance that this site could become affiliated with a national network?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You must be miserable. Step back from the ledge. Who cares that we lost Hall? Have you seen how skinny he is? It was a great class.

If you are going to punch a wall or beat the dog through your keyboard, this is not the place for you.

• Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did you forget the sarcasm sign, or are you bi polar;-)

"Great Class" doesn't describe this past class. It's a good class, especially for the DL. But it could have been much better, if Sark and Co could have closed properly. But most importantly, we came away with one of the top WR classes, but a below avg. OL class....similar to RN's tactical recruiting. Where did that get us?

Sark and Co., are OK recruiters. But they continue to fail on the OL! A program CANNOT become elite without an above average/good OL......period. We don't come close to avg., let alone above avg.....and Good, is so fucking far away...it's disgusting.

You must be miserable. Step back from the ledge. Who cares that we lost Hall? Have you seen how skinny he is? It was a great class.

If you are going to punch a wall or beat the dog through your keyboard, this is not the place for you.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

That was probably the first key moment where I realized that he was irredeemable and had gone over Sarkisian Falls in a barrel.

Derek Johnson is one of my favorite historical figures, and has some outstanding quotes attributed to him!