Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Resurrection.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
"We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

"Those who rejoiced in silencing me, can now feel frustration over my resurrection." ~Passion, 2013

Comments

• Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    John Stuart Mill is one of my favorite historical figures, and has some outstanding quotes attributed to him!

I was wondering where you went on DM.com, welcome back!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did you finally stop cupping Kim's balls? Are you ready to stop being a racially motivated libtard? If so, welcome.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I can't wait for Passion to start contributing on this bored's Obama poasts.

(Insert eating popcorn smiley here)
  • Options
    Thanks for picking a fight already.

Cupping kim's balls? I think you have me mistaken. I can't stand the guy.

And I think the "racially motivated" label is applied to you, not me.

Did you start this website? If so, what are your policies on banning people? If we're here to talk intelligently and bluntly about UW football (as this site claims), then I'm in. If it's a forum for right wing political activism and 1950s social views, then perhaps I made a mistake. I'll let you tell me.
  • Options
    vadawg said:

John Stuart Mill is one of my favorite historical figures, and has some outstanding quotes attributed to him!

Thanks, vadawg. Good to see you. BoltDawg told me about this forum/site. How many people belong here?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No. I didn't start the website. There are no bannings that I know of, but I'm not an admin.

Yes, we will talk honestly about the team and in usual players. If a player sucks, we likely won't blame it on his lack of quality coaching at his inner city high school and suggest people are racists if they disagree.

Glad you saw the light with Kim. That wasn't always the case.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm also here Passion.

I don't know about intelligent football conversation....but if you enjoy conversations that first started in 2008 and have the same posts in 2013.....you've found the right place.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Welcome to the pirate ship, Passion. There really should be an effort to recruit disillusioned Dawgman subscribers over here.

Haven't seen too much rightwing idiocy on here so far. Thankfully.
    Passion said:

Did you start this website? If so, what are your policies on banning people? If we're here to talk intelligently and bluntly about UW football (as this site claims), then I'm in. If it's a forum for right wing political activism and 1950s social views, then perhaps I made a mistake. I'll let you tell me.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    So we can add formula posts to the Five Reasons posts now?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Good to see you here Passion.

A wayward group of Half Brains started this website and I guess you can say that I became the de facto quarterback of the operation.

To date we have not banned anyone even though Harvey Road was recently crowing on Twitter about being banned. I was actually encouraging Harv to post here regularly but to no avail.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

I'm also here Passion.

I don't know about intelligent football conversation....but if you enjoy conversations that first started in 2008 and have the same posts in 2013.....you've found the right place.

Most of the conversations are just extensions of those that began in 2004. The problem is that we keep being right.

Simple fact.

• Options
    HuskyJW said:

I'm also here Passion.

So I assume you finally realized Ty was the wrong coach after the 2008 Oregon game.

RIP WeWereAFootballSchool
  • Options
    volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    welcome aboard.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is a much more light hearted bunch, but they do hold a grudge:-)

As for the "right wing" shit, I'd say more here tend to the right and the left, but I haven't seen many over the top political agenda's.

Really, this board needs more intelligent conversations, and less smart ass comments to become a viable source of Dawg Conversations. Maybe you can help there.
    Passion said:

vadawg said:

Thanks, vadawg. Good to see you. BoltDawg told me about this forum/site. How many people belong here?
  • Options
    vadawg said:

This is a much more light hearted bunch, but they do hold a grudge:-)

As for the "right wing" shit, I'd say more here tend to the right and the left, but I haven't seen many over the top political agenda's.

Really, this board needs more intelligent conversations, and less smart ass comments to become a viable source of Dawg Conversations. Maybe you can help there.

Passion said:

vadawg said:

It's March. There's not much to say this time of year. That OL research project was awesome though.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

I'm also here Passion.

Hey JW. Well, based on the O-line analysis I read on this website, it seems that repeating 2008 posts may be justified. Glad to see you're here.

• Options

Passion said:

Good to see you here Passion.

A wayward group of Half Brains started this website and I guess you can say that I became the de facto quarterback of the operation.

To date we have not banned anyone even though Harvey Road was recently crowing on Twitter about being banned. I was actually encouraging Harv to post here regularly but to no avail.

Thanks, Derek. Giving me "time outs" became the favorite past time of kim and his fellow yes man, scott eklund. Those guys have ridiculously thin skin, which is a problem because half the time they don't know what they're talking about. kim called me a "jerk" because I disagreed with his assertion that Tyner (oregon's new RB) was seriously considering Washington before LOI Day.

I have friends that live in that area of oregon, and there was NO WAY Tyner was going to sign with UW, but kim said he knew some secret about Tyner's dad not liking airplanes, so I was just disagreeing to be (again) a "jerk."

Well, guess what happened - Tyner signed with oregon without an afterthought.

Just one of many examples.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you want more intelligent conversations that is fine. But if you're going to take shots at smart ass comments, you're gone
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Welcome Passion.

If you can't stand Kim and his sellout mentality, there's a place for you here. Our goal here is to have honest and candid conversations about Husky Football.

But we're also going to have our fun. We're not going to take ourselves too seriously and were going to rip on Kim and the others at Dawgman as much as possible. Like iDawg said in an HHB podcast, "It's like Einstein asking you to pull his finger."