Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adam Carolla and thoughts about Hardcore Husky

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Derek, are there enough free loaders left to get to the $15k a year range on the annual drive?

Not at 25 bucks per. I think we hit 8K last year but that was on the strength of a BUNCH of Wigwams. We are 54 Wigwams short of 15K, and last year was by far our best year ever for donations. We need to double the user base to make that happen, plus have a small uptick in user giving rates. Some people, whom I love, actually give more than the $129 Wam level donation, which helps a bunch as well.

edit: We have 63 Wigwams now, but a handful of those are freebies given out to people who do a bunch of other stuff for the site. So figure about 60 Wigwams. We need to double that. And the year before I think we had like 43 Wigwams, so we went up markedly last year already. Doable I guess, but going to take more fans of the site. And if we could get a few of the free beer fucks to pony up that would be great as well.
    Chinned for proper use of "whom".

In all seriousness, I don't understand not donating to a site that has so much entertainment value. Most of us spend a shit ton of time on here for a reason. We get something out of it. So chip in, fuckers.

I plan on donating a little more this year.
    Well I didn't want to name names, but you were one of a small number of folks last year who went well over 129 bucks. Where was Pumpy? Saving for "Europe" I guess.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Derek, are there enough free loaders left to get to the $15k a year range on the annual drive?

Not at 25 bucks per. I think we hit 8K last year but that was on the strength of a BUNCH of Wigwams. We are 54 Wigwams short of 15K, and last year was by far our best year ever for donations. We need to double the user base to make that happen, plus have a small uptick in user giving rates. Some people, whom I love, actually give more than the $129 Wam level donation, which helps a bunch as well.

edit: We have 63 Wigwams now, but a handful of those are freebies given out to people who do a bunch of other stuff for the site. So figure about 60 Wigwams. We need to double that. And the year before I think we had like 43 Wigwams, so we went up markedly last year already. Doable I guess, but going to take more fans of the site. And if we could get a few of the free beer fucks to pony up that would be great as well.

In all seriousness, I don't understand not donating to a site that has so much entertainment value. Most of us spend a shit ton of time on here for a reason. We get something out of it. So chip in, fuckers.

Well I didn't want to name names, but you were one of a small number of folks last year who went well over 129 bucks. Where was Pumpy? Saving for "Europe" I guess.
    Pumpy loves living on the dole.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Oh look at you money bags!

Are you gypsy?
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm scared of giving away my change

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Too many on here are still enjoying free beer. Time to step up, fuckos. Even an unemployed and unemployable like me can chip in a few bucks.

What if you are extremely pour like me?
    wellbye.gif
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Are you gypsy?
    Nope. No gypsy blood here. I'm 100%

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Over the past few years, Damone and I have had periodic email exchanges about Adam Carolla. I'm a big fan of Adam, but I do not listen to his main podcast because I can't stand listening to Bald Bryan. For quite awhile I've been listening to Adam's podcast with Dr Drew. I enjoy their banter.

But that podcast is becoming increasingly difficult to listen to. They open up with four minutes of commercials. Then they start talking, but sixty seconds later they start giving plugs to their sponsors. Then Adam will start complaining about the mayor of LA or he's yelling at Drew for something. A few minutes pass and here they go cramming more 60 second ads and plugs into the show. So now, if the show goes 30 minutes, there are 10-12 minutes of plugs and commercials. It feels like the podcast equivalent of QVC.

But this has given me thoughts about Hardcore Husky. I have long said that the ultimate goal of this site is to get to 5 million page views a month and then get a bunch of quality sponsors who don't mind all the profanity and shenanigans found here. But would that be best for the site? Would it cheapen the experience to log onto Hardcore Husky and have all these ads and flashing banners, etc.? I don't think I'd like it. I feel like it would be akin to wading through all those ads with Adam Carolla.

I almost feel like if our traffic can continue to grow and the annual fundraiser eventually reaches $15-20,000, that would be enough compensation for running this degenerate day care. I would prefer that than making more $$ but having Hardcore Husky have a bunch of flashing banners. I would prefer to maintain the experience that we have on here every day.

I'm just thinking out loud here.

I don't know if it's the same on the Westside but in Spokane, there's a Bail bondsmen on every other corner. I'm thinking that would be an attainable target for some advertising $cratch for here.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Are you gypsy?
    Nope. No gypsy blood here. I'm 100%

Figures! Wasps are the assholes of the insect world.
    I kill like 1,000 of them per year and they keep coming.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club

Imagine being triggered by Bald Bryan.

Great show today with AJ Benza.

Jermaine, stop teasing
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Joking aside, you donated $258 last year. If you want to that's great, but please don't feel obligated.