Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adam Carolla and thoughts about Hardcore Husky

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited June 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Over the past few years, Damone and I have had periodic email exchanges about Adam Carolla. I'm a big fan of Adam, but I do not listen to his main podcast because I can't stand listening to Bald Bryan. For quite awhile I've been listening to Adam's podcast with Dr Drew. I enjoy their banter.

But that podcast is becoming increasingly difficult to listen to. They open up with four minutes of commercials. Then they start talking, but sixty seconds later they start giving plugs to their sponsors. Then Adam will start complaining about the mayor of LA or he's yelling at Drew for something. A few minutes pass and here they go cramming more 60 second ads and plugs into the show. So now, if the show goes 30 minutes, there are 10-12 minutes of plugs and commercials. It feels like the podcast equivalent of QVC.

But this has given me thoughts about Hardcore Husky. I have long said that the ultimate goal of this site is to get to 5 million page views a month and then get a bunch of quality sponsors who don't mind all the profanity and shenanigans found here. But would that be best for the site? Would it cheapen the experience to log onto Hardcore Husky and have all these ads and flashing banners, etc.? I don't think I'd like it. I feel like it would be akin to wading through all those ads with Adam Carolla.

I almost feel like if our traffic can continue to grow and the annual fundraiser eventually reaches $15-20,000, that would be enough compensation for running this degenerate day care. I would prefer that than making more $$ but having Hardcore Husky have a bunch of flashing banners. I would prefer to maintain the experience that we have on here every day.

I'm just thinking out loud here.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Life was out of hand for me during last years fundraiser so I forgot.

But if I'm not gonna get a badge then I'm out.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Too many on here are still enjoying free beer. Time to step up, fuckos. Even an unemployed and unemployable like me can chip in a few bucks.

What if you are extremely pour like me?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Imagine being triggered by Bald Bryan.

Great show today with AJ Benza.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Too many on here are still enjoying free beer. Time to step up, fuckos. Even an unemployed and unemployable like me can chip in a few bucks.

I thought you drove for Uber. You fucking lied to me.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I, for one, pine for the days when REPO REPO REPO was footing some of the bills.

I think advertising can work, but shudder to think what they might ask in return (rules). If I can't call Hardly Clothed a useless fag, then I might as well just jerk off instead of sitting here 4 6 8 10 16 hours a day.

Get on it!

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

Life was out of hand for me during last years fundraiser so I forgot.

But if I'm not gonna get a badge then I'm out.

Nice excuse asshole. Pretty sure donations are excepted year round.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Derek, are there enough free loaders left to get to the $15k a year range on the annual drive?