Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tunmise Adeleye, 2021 4* DE, Katy, TX, (Offered 5/21/19)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

More whining about recruiting in May with zero inside knowledge about what's going on. For a 2021 OFFER, no less. I pretty much hate most of you. Some of you are cool doe.

Please self-immolate, thanks!

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW
    So we can naturally confirm that you're a shit athlete.

Go Kangs!
    Nick Hudley and Brian Morrison say fuck you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

More whining about recruiting in May with zero inside knowledge about what's going on. For a 2021 OFFER, no less. I pretty much hate most of you. Some of you are cool doe.

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW
    So there's 3 fags in here that went to LW? That's kind of cool, I guess.

If you like fags.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I dont mind the Texas offers. They should be trying to gauge interest there. It doesn't have to come at the expense of locals and others in the traditional footprint.

That's where the weirdness comes in though. I can't understand the slow playing and cold shoulder toward so many locals. I'm tired of all the bitching about it but I dont know an answer to shut down the bitching either. It really looks bad for UW.

But we have limited time and budget. These are real constraints- especially since CP doesn't put as much emphasis on recruiting as Oregon so our staff doesn't put as much time in recruiting as the competition.

Every hour spent in Texas is an hour not spent in Washington or California. Its not a stretch to say that is a factor in many elite recruits eliminating UW early this cycle and many other recruits saying they haven't been hearing from us or Oregon is recruiting them the hardest.

We debated this at length when CP first came here. Even back then when

1. we needed to stretch ourselves further to get recruits because we weren't beating USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, or even Cal/ASU consistently; and
    2. we had coaches with actual ties to Texas (Pease and Choate)

it STILL wasn't worth it to spend resources in Texas. We signed 3 guys total in 2015/2016 then 1 total in the last three years after Pease and Choate left and we partially abandoned Texas. And none of those guys had Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, LSU, or Alabama offers like a lot of the guys we are going after now. The biggest get was Levi and his reported finalists were Baylor and Michigan although I'm not sure how hard Michigan went after him. We also lost guys to lesser local schools like Xavier Castille the WR to SMU.
    I dont buy the idea that resources, time or budget constraints are an issue. UW is offering less than 100 kids. Other schools offer 200 or more and still seem to have time to 1) occasionally reel in someone from an unlikely locale, 2) dedicate adequate time to the prospects within their normal footprint.

The SEC, B1G, et al are recruiting the hell out of the west in spite of their own regions producing more than enough talent to supply their programs.

Should UW or any other high tier program in the west sit back and do nothing different while eastern schools raid our recruiting areas? I dont think so. I think the forward thinking plan is to respond in kind, even if it doesn't pay dividends right away. Win a big game or two and the groundwork that's been laid will pay off.

As I said, I think the mistake is what's going on in state and with other interested prospects in the west. It's not a matter of resources though. It's a matter of attitude and philosophy, and Petersen's is puzzling.
    This is a really good post. I don't buy the wasting resources argument. Jesus Christ The fucking Beavers just got a high 3 star committ out of Texas. Are you really gonna tell me they have more pull than UW? We are being outworked. Full stop.
    The wasting resources argument comes from the understanding that our coaches are not willing to recruit as hard as other staffs. I don't think anyone in this thread is actually disagreeing that much.
    I'm going to backpedal a bit on my working hard statement. I think our staff puts in comparable hours. I just think other staffs probably allocate more of their hours to actual communication with recruits while our hours are devoted more to evaluation rather than communication. I can easily imagine high school kids would perceive other staffs recruit them harder because there is more of an interaction approach.
    Fair pooont. But if you’re not connecting with your croots, or if you’re not doing a good enough job building and maintaining relationships with them, then all the fucking scouting in the world isn’t gonna matter. It shouldn’t really be an either/or proposition anyways.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    He went to BEST, class of ‘18.

EDIT: Fuck, guess they closed.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BEST_High_School_(Kirkland,_Washington)
    It’s now called Emerson. Kind of your speed though lots of kids with drug habits already!
    My drug habit started at rose hill. Once in Hs, BEST, had some good dealers. They preferred the lsd, shrooms, etc. I eventually outgrew them and had to get my meth and oxcys in south Seattle. Dealer man liked us because we were the only honkies stupid enough to venture there. Wholesale costs past on to plateau rich kids at retail rates.

I’ve always been in sales but didn’t practice the golden rule. (Cool story bro, I know)

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW

Go Kangs!
    Disagree i might not be the quickest, bounciest, fastest dude but I can play.

Btw LW doesn’t suck at sports anymore.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    Founders Club

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW

Go Kangs!
    And the Staudachers. Wow.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW

Go Kangs!
    John Fiala and Donald Watts say fuck you!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW

Go Kangs!
    If we’re bashing the grizz, I’m out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW

Go Kangs!
    Mrs Fiala was a nice lady. She should’ve failed my ass numerous times for catching me cheating.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707

chuck said:

I dont mind the Texas offers. They should be trying to gauge interest there. It doesn't have to come at the expense of locals and others in the traditional footprint.

That's where the weirdness comes in though. I can't understand the slow playing and cold shoulder toward so many locals. I'm tired of all the bitching about it but I dont know an answer to shut down the bitching either. It really looks bad for UW.

I still don't understand where this narrative that we're cold shouldering and pissing on local recruits is coming from. We cold shoulder most recruits. We're extremely selective. Only Furd offers less guys than UW. If you're not a fit, you're not going to get an offer. It doesn't matter where you're from. We shouldn't be throwing out offers just because they're from Enumscratch. What is the basis behind this assumption that we don't give a shit about the local guys? Gee Scott and DJ Rogers? That's some extreme extrapolation if we're basing that assumption on 2 guys. I need more proof. It seems like an HH meme that has snowballed into something that it isn't. Again, standard fare.
    Yes, we cold shoulder anyone that might require a little coddling or want a little extra attention.

Its just that it hurts us most with the local recruits because 1. those are our highest percentage targets; 2. the program should be profiting from the best reputation among local players that we've had in decades; 3. those recruits are most visible with local media, fans, and other recruits.
    I disagree with the premise that we should offer someone just because they're local. I'm glad that Pete goes after the guys he wants, not what the Seattle fan-base wants. Do you really think Pete has some sort of blind spot for local guys? That's crazy talk. I'm sure that he's crystal clear with local coaches and players about their status. I want to see the sources that say it's gone off the rails. I think it's entirely made up and overblown forum chatter. Yes, the in-state class appears talented, but there's so much more to this shit than what us idiots see on Hudl. We literally know nothing about the criteria the coaches are using in their offers. Sure, it's fine and dandy when the local guy becomes a hometown hero, but that's just feel-good hometown-pride bullshit. Does it really matter where they come from in the long run? Some of, if not most of the greatest Huskies are from out of state. The greatest player in American football history, Ser Gregory Gaines VIII, is from California. Pete uses a criteria that clearly isn't location-based. He recruits guys that he can develop, and the NFL draft results reflect that. He owes the fans victories, not hometown feel-good offers. To this point, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Pete because every single class has been better than the previous one. The talent in this program is increasing every single year and now we're actually going to have quarterbacks. This program is still clearly on the upswing. If you browsed this forum as your only source, you'd have a hard time believing it. I guess it's easier to have something to talk about when there's something to bitch about, therefore we create something to bitch about. That's human nature, I suppose. Just win. If the players are from Neptune, I don't give a fuck. Just win.

Oh, I almost forgot. It's May.
    OK!

Not sure what any of that has to do with my post you are replying to but seems like you needed to get it off your chest so I'm here for you.
  • Options
    Founders Club

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW

Go Kangs!
    Mrs Fiala was a nice lady. She should’ve failed my ass numerous times for catching me cheating.
    I never had Fiala. Nordmark and Lundvall were my dudes. And I was their dude. Loved those guys to death.
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

I still don't understand where this narrative that we're cold shouldering and pissing on local recruits is coming from. We cold shoulder most recruits. We're extremely selective. Only Furd offers less guys than UW. If you're not a fit, you're not going to get an offer. It doesn't matter where you're from. We shouldn't be throwing out offers just because they're from Enumscratch. What is the basis behind this assumption that we don't give a shit about the local guys? Gee Scott and DJ Rogers? That's some extreme extrapolation if we're basing that assumption on 2 guys. I need more proof. It seems like an HH meme that has snowballed into something that it isn't. Again, standard fare.
    Yes, we cold shoulder anyone that might require a little coddling or want a little extra attention.

Its just that it hurts us most with the local recruits because 1. those are our highest percentage targets; 2. the program should be profiting from the best reputation among local players that we've had in decades; 3. those recruits are most visible with local media, fans, and other recruits.
    I disagree with the premise that we should offer someone just because they're local. I'm glad that Pete goes after the guys he wants, not what the Seattle fan-base wants. Do you really think Pete has some sort of blind spot for local guys? That's crazy talk. I'm sure that he's crystal clear with local coaches and players about their status. I want to see the sources that say it's gone off the rails. I think it's entirely made up and overblown forum chatter. Yes, the in-state class appears talented, but there's so much more to this shit than what us idiots see on Hudl. We literally know nothing about the criteria the coaches are using in their offers. Sure, it's fine and dandy when the local guy becomes a hometown hero, but that's just feel-good hometown-pride bullshit. Does it really matter where they come from in the long run? Some of, if not most of the greatest Huskies are from out of state. The greatest player in American football history, Ser Gregory Gaines VIII, is from California. Pete uses a criteria that clearly isn't location-based. He recruits guys that he can develop, and the NFL draft results reflect that. He owes the fans victories, not hometown feel-good offers. To this point, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Pete because every single class has been better than the previous one. The talent in this program is increasing every single year and now we're actually going to have quarterbacks. This program is still clearly on the upswing. If you browsed this forum as your only source, you'd have a hard time believing it. I guess it's easier to have something to talk about when there's something to bitch about, therefore we create something to bitch about. That's human nature, I suppose. Just win. If the players are from Neptune, I don't give a fuck. Just win.

Oh, I almost forgot. It's May.
    OK!

Not sure what any of that has to do with my post you are replying to but seems like you needed to get it off your chest so I'm here for you.

I feel better now.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    guntlove said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

But we have limited time and budget. These are real constraints- especially since CP doesn't put as much emphasis on recruiting as Oregon so our staff doesn't put as much time in recruiting as the competition.

Every hour spent in Texas is an hour not spent in Washington or California. Its not a stretch to say that is a factor in many elite recruits eliminating UW early this cycle and many other recruits saying they haven't been hearing from us or Oregon is recruiting them the hardest.

We debated this at length when CP first came here. Even back then when

1. we needed to stretch ourselves further to get recruits because we weren't beating USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, or even Cal/ASU consistently; and
    2. we had coaches with actual ties to Texas (Pease and Choate)

it STILL wasn't worth it to spend resources in Texas. We signed 3 guys total in 2015/2016 then 1 total in the last three years after Pease and Choate left and we partially abandoned Texas. And none of those guys had Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, LSU, or Alabama offers like a lot of the guys we are going after now. The biggest get was Levi and his reported finalists were Baylor and Michigan although I'm not sure how hard Michigan went after him. We also lost guys to lesser local schools like Xavier Castille the WR to SMU.
    I dont buy the idea that resources, time or budget constraints are an issue. UW is offering less than 100 kids. Other schools offer 200 or more and still seem to have time to 1) occasionally reel in someone from an unlikely locale, 2) dedicate adequate time to the prospects within their normal footprint.

The SEC, B1G, et al are recruiting the hell out of the west in spite of their own regions producing more than enough talent to supply their programs.

Should UW or any other high tier program in the west sit back and do nothing different while eastern schools raid our recruiting areas? I dont think so. I think the forward thinking plan is to respond in kind, even if it doesn't pay dividends right away. Win a big game or two and the groundwork that's been laid will pay off.

As I said, I think the mistake is what's going on in state and with other interested prospects in the west. It's not a matter of resources though. It's a matter of attitude and philosophy, and Petersen's is puzzling.
    This is a really good post. I don't buy the wasting resources argument. Jesus Christ The fucking Beavers just got a high 3 star committ out of Texas. Are you really gonna tell me they have more pull than UW? We are being outworked. Full stop.
    The wasting resources argument comes from the understanding that our coaches are not willing to recruit as hard as other staffs. I don't think anyone in this thread is actually disagreeing that much.
    I'm going to backpedal a bit on my working hard statement. I think our staff puts in comparable hours. I just think other staffs probably allocate more of their hours to actual communication with recruits while our hours are devoted more to evaluation rather than communication. I can easily imagine high school kids would perceive other staffs recruit them harder because there is more of an interaction approach.
    Fair pooont. But if you’re not connecting with your croots, or if you’re not doing a good enough job building and maintaining relationships with them, then all the fucking scouting in the world isn’t gonna matter. It shouldn’t really be an either/or proposition anyways.
    I think that's my point. Our staff puts in the hours but it's how you spend your time. Imagine you have 100 minutes a week to allocate to a recruit. Our staff might spend 80 of those minutes watching film on the recruit and 20 minutes communicating with that recruit. Staffs that are better recruiters might reverse those minutes. Thus the implication that the kid thinks that he is being recruited 4 times harder than the UW staff even though the work put in is the same.
    All speculation on my part of course but just throwing it out there.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    First decent in depth convo (re: Texas crootin) in ages.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It doesn’t work until it does... it’s a waste of time until it isn’t.

I’m sure time went into the strategy. Peterman probably spent more time on the texass strategy then the actual process of courting.

It’s a what have you done for me today world, in this case, what Texass croot have you closed in the ‘20 class.

I don’t like it but I don’t know the reasoning or strategy first hand. I can arm chair it from HH and pretend I know what the fuck I’m talking about.

Close some (two?) of these top tier texass croots and I’ll be happy.

SIDE NOTE: My reluctancy to LIPO the texass crootin strategy does not remove my displeasure with my perception of local crootin.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ignore in-state and focus on Texas...I love this strategy.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    tvoie said:

This isn't a one or the other thing.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494

tvoie said:

Well except apparently it is.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Penace said:

tvoie said:

Well except apparently it is.

• Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I really like this guy. I hope we win.

I like the Texas recruiting strategy. Think Pete is playing chess, laying the foundation. It's just time and effort. I think the notion that you have very limited resources to spend on recruiting is overstated. IOW, I doubt we are not putting forth as strong an effort in our typical footprint states because we are putting forth an effort in Texas. They might not be making as big an effort as you and I would like for, say, some CA guys that for whatever reason seemed to not have a lot of interest in us, but I don't think it's just because we ran out of time in the day.

Possible that showing what we are about to Texas HS coaches pays off at some point. I mean, it's the Rooney Rule. Maybe we don't get the job today, but at least we're getting our faces out there. Impress a few coaches, could pay off later.

Where is this idea coming from that we are neglecting Washington kids? Tracy Ford, whose job is to pimp/hype his kids as if they are all superstars? Gee Scott, whose job is to do the same for his son, but in so doing may be the reason he doesn't hold a UW offer?

I look at 247's top WA guys, I see basically two guys that we haven't offered that we "should" have: Gee Jr., DJ Rogers. And I think it's well understood that DJ's issue is off-field. Don't know what that is, but it makes sense. It's not that we don't recognize their talent. Otherwise I think we've offered 5 guys in WA. 2021, we offered the top 3 guys in the state. Don't know what the holdup is with Julien Simon, but that's one guy. I checked since Pete's been here, and it's very rare we didn't offer a WA guy who ended up being really good. I think they know how to evaluate.