Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tunmise Adeleye, 2021 4* DE, Katy, TX, (Offered 5/21/19)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

More whining about recruiting in May with zero inside knowledge about what's going on. For a 2021 OFFER, no less. I pretty much hate most of you. Some of you are cool doe.

I only like you because we went to the same HS. Granted 20 yrs before me but whatevs.
    You'd like me in person. I guarantee it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    chuck said:

I dont mind the Texas offers. They should be trying to gauge interest there. It doesn't have to come at the expense of locals and others in the traditional footprint.

That's where the weirdness comes in though. I can't understand the slow playing and cold shoulder toward so many locals. I'm tired of all the bitching about it but I dont know an answer to shut down the bitching either. It really looks bad for UW.

I still don't understand where this narrative that we're cold shouldering and pissing on local recruits is coming from. We cold shoulder most recruits. We're extremely selective. Only Furd offers less guys than UW. If you're not a fit, you're not going to get an offer. It doesn't matter where you're from. We shouldn't be throwing out offers just because they're from Enumscratch. What is the basis behind this assumption that we don't give a shit about the local guys? Gee Scott and DJ Rogers? That's some extreme extrapolation if we're basing that assumption on 2 guys. I need more proof. It seems like an HH meme that has snowballed into something that it isn't. Again, standard fare.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I dont mind the Texas offers. They should be trying to gauge interest there. It doesn't have to come at the expense of locals and others in the traditional footprint.

That's where the weirdness comes in though. I can't understand the slow playing and cold shoulder toward so many locals. I'm tired of all the bitching about it but I dont know an answer to shut down the bitching either. It really looks bad for UW.

But we have limited time and budget. These are real constraints- especially since CP doesn't put as much emphasis on recruiting as Oregon so our staff doesn't put as much time in recruiting as the competition.

Every hour spent in Texas is an hour not spent in Washington or California. Its not a stretch to say that is a factor in many elite recruits eliminating UW early this cycle and many other recruits saying they haven't been hearing from us or Oregon is recruiting them the hardest.

We debated this at length when CP first came here. Even back then when

1. we needed to stretch ourselves further to get recruits because we weren't beating USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, or even Cal/ASU consistently; and
    2. we had coaches with actual ties to Texas (Pease and Choate)

it STILL wasn't worth it to spend resources in Texas. We signed 3 guys total in 2015/2016 then 1 total in the last three years after Pease and Choate left and we partially abandoned Texas. And none of those guys had Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, LSU, or Alabama offers like a lot of the guys we are going after now. The biggest get was Levi and his reported finalists were Baylor and Michigan although I'm not sure how hard Michigan went after him. We also lost guys to lesser local schools like Xavier Castille the WR to SMU.
    I dont buy the idea that resources, time or budget constraints are an issue. UW is offering less than 100 kids. Other schools offer 200 or more and still seem to have time to 1) occasionally reel in someone from an unlikely locale, 2) dedicate adequate time to the prospects within their normal footprint.

The SEC, B1G, et al are recruiting the hell out of the west in spite of their own regions producing more than enough talent to supply their programs.

Should UW or any other high tier program in the west sit back and do nothing different while eastern schools raid our recruiting areas? I dont think so. I think the forward thinking plan is to respond in kind, even if it doesn't pay dividends right away. Win a big game or two and the groundwork that's been laid will pay off.

As I said, I think the mistake is what's going on in state and with other interested prospects in the west. It's not a matter of resources though. It's a matter of attitude and philosophy, and Petersen's is puzzling.
    I get your perspective and I would love for UW's brand and recruiting to go national. We have the resources to do it but it would require a total refocusing of our recruiting approach to be a lot more aggressive.

As is we are wasting time that could be spent in WA AND hurting our local reputation (because why are kids in Texas getting offers?)

One would think we have more time than others considering our focused approach but I think its the opposite. Part of our strategy is not to put as much of our limited time into recruiting. Let kids go when we fall behind in a race. Don't go after kid that might be a little harder to recruit.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707

chuck said:

I still don't understand where this narrative that we're cold shouldering and pissing on local recruits is coming from. We cold shoulder most recruits. We're extremely selective. Only Furd offers less guys than UW. If you're not a fit, you're not going to get an offer. It doesn't matter where you're from. We shouldn't be throwing out offers just because they're from Enumscratch. What is the basis behind this assumption that we don't give a shit about the local guys? Gee Scott and DJ Rogers? That's some extreme extrapolation if we're basing that assumption on 2 guys. I need more proof. It seems like an HH meme that has snowballed into something that it isn't. Again, standard fare.
    Yes, we cold shoulder anyone that might require a little coddling or want a little extra attention.

Its just that it hurts us most with the local recruits because 1. those are our highest percentage targets; 2. the program should be profiting from the best reputation among local players that we've had in decades; 3. those recruits are most visible with local media, fans, and other recruits.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

More whining about recruiting in May with zero inside knowledge about what's going on. For a 2021 OFFER, no less. I pretty much hate most of you. Some of you are cool doe.

I only like you because we went to the same HS. Granted 20 yrs before me but whatevs.
    You'd like me in person. I guarantee it.
    I’m sure most of us would get along in the real world. Except for PGOS, I’d probably kick him in the nutz.

Hopefully we go to a bowl game closer to the souwf so my pour ass can go to the festivities and show my ass.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019

Please self-immolate, thanks!

And fuck LW alums.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

chuck said:

But we have limited time and budget. These are real constraints- especially since CP doesn't put as much emphasis on recruiting as Oregon so our staff doesn't put as much time in recruiting as the competition.

Every hour spent in Texas is an hour not spent in Washington or California. Its not a stretch to say that is a factor in many elite recruits eliminating UW early this cycle and many other recruits saying they haven't been hearing from us or Oregon is recruiting them the hardest.

1. we needed to stretch ourselves further to get recruits because we weren't beating USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, or even Cal/ASU consistently; and

it STILL wasn't worth it to spend resources in Texas. We signed 3 guys total in 2015/2016 then 1 total in the last three years after Pease and Choate left and we partially abandoned Texas. And none of those guys had Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, LSU, or Alabama offers like a lot of the guys we are going after now. The biggest get was Levi and his reported finalists were Baylor and Michigan although I'm not sure how hard Michigan went after him. We also lost guys to lesser local schools like Xavier Castille the WR to SMU.
    I dont buy the idea that resources, time or budget constraints are an issue. UW is offering less than 100 kids. Other schools offer 200 or more and still seem to have time to 1) occasionally reel in someone from an unlikely locale, 2) dedicate adequate time to the prospects within their normal footprint.

The SEC, B1G, et al are recruiting the hell out of the west in spite of their own regions producing more than enough talent to supply their programs.

Should UW or any other high tier program in the west sit back and do nothing different while eastern schools raid our recruiting areas? I dont think so. I think the forward thinking plan is to respond in kind, even if it doesn't pay dividends right away. Win a big game or two and the groundwork that's been laid will pay off.

As I said, I think the mistake is what's going on in state and with other interested prospects in the west. It's not a matter of resources though. It's a matter of attitude and philosophy, and Petersen's is puzzling.
    This
  • Options
    Founders Club

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    He went to BEST, class of ‘18.

EDIT: Fuck, guess they closed.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BEST_High_School_(Kirkland,_Washington)
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    edited May 2019
    chuck said:

chuck said:

This is a really good post. I don't buy the wasting resources argument. Jesus Christ the fucking Beavers just got a high 3 star committ out of Texas. Are you really gonna tell me they have more pull than UW? We are being outworked. Full stop.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    whuggy said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

This is a really good post. I don't buy the wasting resources argument. Jesus Christ The fucking Beavers just got a high 3 star committ out of Texas. Are you really gonna tell me they have more pull than UW? We are being outworked. Full stop.
    The wasting resources argument comes from the understanding that our coaches are not willing to recruit as hard as other staffs. I don't think anyone in this thread is actually disagreeing that much.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I don’t think recruiting Texas is worthwhile, but this post made me think and care. You make a good point.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Money isn’t wasted if they give a fuck and put forth max effort, that’s what my sources (HH) are saying.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

This is a really good post. I don't buy the wasting resources argument. Jesus Christ The fucking Beavers just got a high 3 star committ out of Texas. Are you really gonna tell me they have more pull than UW? We are being outworked. Full stop.
    The wasting resources argument comes from the understanding that our coaches are not willing to recruit as hard as other staffs. I don't think anyone in this thread is actually disagreeing that much.
    I'm going to backpedal a bit on my working hard statement. I think our staff puts in comparable hours. I just think other staffs probably allocate more of their hours to actual communication with recruits while our hours are devoted more to evaluation rather than communication. I can easily imagine high school kids would perceive other staffs recruit them harder because there is more of an interaction approach.
  • Options

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW
  • Options

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    He went to BEST, class of ‘18.

EDIT: Fuck, guess they closed.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BEST_High_School_(Kirkland,_Washington)
    It’s now called Emerson. Kind of your speed though lots of kids with drug habits already!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

chuck said:

Yes, we cold shoulder anyone that might require a little coddling or want a little extra attention.

Its just that it hurts us most with the local recruits because 1. those are our highest percentage targets; 2. the program should be profiting from the best reputation among local players that we've had in decades; 3. those recruits are most visible with local media, fans, and other recruits.
    I disagree with the premise that we should offer someone just because they're local. I'm glad that Pete goes after the guys he wants, not what the Seattle fan-base wants. Do you really think Pete has some sort of blind spot for local guys? That's crazy talk. I'm sure that he's crystal clear with local coaches and players about their status. I want to see the sources that say it's gone off the rails. I think it's entirely made up and overblown forum chatter. Yes, the in-state class appears talented, but there's so much more to this shit than what us idiots see on Hudl. We literally know nothing about the criteria the coaches are using in their offers. Sure, it's fine and dandy when the local guy becomes a hometown hero, but that's just feel-good hometown-pride bullshit. Does it really matter where they come from in the long run? Some of, if not most of the greatest Huskies are from out of state. The greatest player in American football history, Ser Gregory Gaines VIII, is from California. Pete uses a criteria that clearly isn't location-based. He recruits guys that he can develop, and the NFL draft results reflect that. He owes the fans victories, not hometown feel-good offers. To this point, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Pete because every single class has been better than the previous one. The talent in this program is increasing every single year and now we're actually going to have quarterbacks. This program is still clearly on the upswing. If you browsed this forum as your only source, you'd have a hard time believing it. I guess it's easier to have something to talk about when there's something to bitch about, therefore we create something to bitch about. That's human nature, I suppose. Just win. If the players are from Neptune, I don't give a fuck. Just win.

Oh, I almost forgot. It's May.
  • Options
    Founders Club

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW
    So there's 3 fags in here that went to LW? That's kind of cool, I guess.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

And fuck LW alums.
    Are you a Juanita fuck?
    No i went to LW
    So we can naturally confirm that you're a shit athlete.

Go Kangs!