Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tunmise Adeleye, 2021 4* DE, Katy, TX, (Offered 5/21/19)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    right skin color? check
    position? check
    name implies background that values academics? check
    recruiting texas? yeah ... check. but still not sure why peterman and co apparently determines texas as a priority recruiting area based on their benefit/cost analysis.

o-kay.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Lol. I'm sure Kwiatkowski will reel this kid in. What a complete waste of fucking time and resources.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    It looks like Malloe offered him but imagine thinking an offer from UW is "special" when it's your 21st (or whatever) offer
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If UW is going to not recruit hard in-state then expanding recruiting reach becomes a requirement
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    Tequilla said:

If UW is going to not recruit hard in-state then expanding recruiting reach becomes a requirement

Yeah, because that strategy makes tons of sense.
  • Options
    I'll admit I'm intrigued by the 2 guys from Texarkana, just because those actually look like an inbound lead, rather than some token offer to some baller from a Dallas suburb.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll admit I'm intrigued by the 2 guys from Texarkana, just because those actually look like an inbound lead, rather than some token offer to some baller from a Dallas suburb.

Why says you “inbound lead”?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    tejas and ass to mouth
  • Options

Why says you “inbound lead”?
    Mostly because it's actually East Texas, not Houston or Dallas and they're 2021 kids. It's not like we were their first (or 15th) offer though so IDK.

I don't think we? have a shot with either kid.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,048
    Founders Club
    More whining about recruiting in May with zero inside knowledge about what's going on. For a 2021 OFFER, no less. I pretty much hate most of you. Some of you are cool doe.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    edited May 2019
    chuck said:

I dont mind the Texas offers. They should be trying to gauge interest there. It doesn't have to come at the expense of locals and others in the traditional footprint.

That's where the weirdness comes in though. I can't understand the slow playing and cold shoulder toward so many locals. I'm tired of all the bitching about it but I dont know an answer to shut down the bitching either. It really looks bad for UW.

But we have limited time and budget. These are real constraints- especially since CP doesn't put as much emphasis on recruiting as Oregon so our staff doesn't put as much time in recruiting as the competition.

Every hour spent in Texas is an hour not spent in Washington or California. Its not a stretch to say that is a factor in many elite recruits eliminating UW early this cycle and many other recruits saying they haven't been hearing from us or Oregon is recruiting them the hardest.

We debated this at length when CP first came here. Even back then when

1. we needed to stretch ourselves further to get recruits because we weren't beating USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, or even Cal/ASU consistently; and
    2. we had coaches with actual ties to Texas (Pease and Choate)

it STILL wasn't worth it to spend resources in Texas. We signed 3 guys total in 2015/2016 then 1 total in the last three years after Pease and Choate left and we partially abandoned Texas. And none of those guys had Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, LSU, or Alabama offers like a lot of the guys we are going after now. The biggest get was Levi and his reported finalists were Baylor and Michigan although I'm not sure how hard Michigan went after him. We also lost guys to lesser local schools like Xavier Castille the WR to SMU.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Can he play Buck?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This should end well.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

More whining about recruiting in May with zero inside knowledge about what's going on. For a 2021 OFFER, no less. I pretty much hate most of you. Some of you are cool doe.

I only like you because we went to the same HS. Granted 20 yrs before me but whatevs.