Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cooper McDonald, 2020 3* LB, Justin (Northwest), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

Not saying size isn’t important, but I think speed and instincts come first.

Wellington has very bad instincts and football IQ. The rest of them aren’t athletic enough to make up for their deficiencies.

Yep, Wellington just doesn't seem to get it.
    Talking with someone who knows way more football than me & most else hear, said basically that about Wellington. He was good enough athletically to play ok the last couple years when he had BBK or Bierria on the field to tell him what to do.
    It's easy to see. He has all the athleticism to be a top tier linebacker. He was a 4 star RB for a reason. But holy shit can he not diagnose plays, and his tackling has been pedestrian at best. He's a massive disappointment.

But in the interest of fairness it's worth noting that Manu is in his own tier of bad. Cort Dennison athleticism with Wellington instincts.

I still can't wrap my head around over how destitute of a position group this is six years into a strong regime that has otherwise developed above average to elite units. Fuck, I'd kill just to have Fuimaono and Timu back there.
    Missing Beavers and Eifler big time. Kahlo too. FTG

I'm not a pro with the smartphone
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Wellington has very bad instincts and football IQ. The rest of them aren’t athletic enough to make up for their deficiencies.

Talking with someone who knows way more football than me & most else hear, said basically that about Wellington. He was good enough athletically to play ok the last couple years when he had BBK or Bierria on the field to tell him what to do.
    It's easy to see. He has all the athleticism to be a top tier linebacker. He was a 4 star RB for a reason. But holy shit can he not diagnose plays, and his tackling has been pedestrian at best. He's a massive disappointment.

But in the interest of fairness it's worth noting that Manu is in his own tier of bad. Cort Dennison athleticism with Wellington instincts.

I still can't wrap my head around over how destitute of a position group this is six years into a strong regime that has otherwise developed above average to elite units. Fuck, I'd kill just to have Fuimaono and Timu back there.

I'm not a pro with the smartphone

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Kinda hard to play LBer when you can’t move laterally
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Low brow, dude
  • Options

Kinda hard to play LBer when you can’t move laterally

Whatever. Your take on all this is a joke. Just admitt you are still bleeding from the ass about Banks and drop the hate for McDonald. The coaches, like it or not, took a shit this morning that forgot more about football then you or I will ever know. They like him. You hate him cause he isn't an inner city black kid. Glad you are here though.
  • Options
    It’s a racial thing? Lol jfc dude.

McDonald is not good and limited. Banks is good + positional flexibility. It won’t matter if Racanelli gets moved to ILB he’s a freak, he’s going to be so good.
  • Options

It’s a racial thing? Lol jfc dude.

McDonald is not good and limited. Banks is good + positional flexibility. It won’t matter if Racanelli gets moved to ILB he’s a freak, he’s going to be so good.

According to Washington, Alabama, tOSU, and Oklahoma he isn't that flexible. He can't play ILB which is what we wanted him for cause he can't move laterally. The coaches think McDonald can. But you don't think he is good so cool. We'll see. The fact that you are calling a kid with multiple D1 offers "not good" is hilarious. The fact that you've given up on him before he has even played a single down is retarded.
  • Options
    Cole didn’t even get a sniff from anyone of those others but us. His 2nd best offer is Baylor or Texas Tech...
  • Options

Cole didn’t even get a sniff from anyone of those others but us. His 2nd best offer is Baylor or Texas Tech...

Yeah, you're right he fucking sucks because Texas Tech and Baylor want him to play football for them. Kid should just give up and focus on the discus, maybe he can make the Olympics.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Emoterman said:

Limited
    That's not Coop, but...

As a former thrower myself, I think the throws are one of the great inefficiencies in American sports. Explosive, agile behemoths that football has NEVER, to my extensive knowledge, mined for athletes. I think Arizona had a monster of a hammer thrower who was an immediate starter at OT...

Suffice it to say, I love that Coop is a Texas state champion in discus as a junior. Love it.
  • Options
    The kid is a good athlete. His junior film looked great. I saw some footage from a game this year. He is playing with a cast on his hand and looked good. I would like BTP to explain his "limited" and "sucks" comments. Where the hell is he getting these hot takes from? DDY?

Just based on footage I've seen so far, I would take this kid as a HS senior over Wellington or Manu
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    I liked Banks film but he’s not an ILB. Even playing the edge will be tough. He’s a really good high school player who is maxing out his ability. He’s far from the rare body or having untapped potential types DDY and you typically like. I wonder why you guys don’t call him a try hard?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    i trust coach k,
  • Options

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that no one on this bored has the slightest idea of how to evaluate high school football film

Like I said, I trust the coaches. They like this kid. Good enough for me. I don't give two shits that his other offers are from midlevel big 12 schools
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Yeah, you're right he fucking sucks because Texas Tech and Baylor want him to play football for them. Kid should just give up and focus on the discus, maybe he can make the Olympics.
    If Utah thinks a player is a good defender and offers ... good chance he is

Matt Ruhle is a damn good coach and there’s a reason why Baylor is undefeated ... I trust his evaluations

Matt Wells is doing some good things in Lubbock on the back of doing some really good things at Utah St ... he’s pretty damn good as well

Offers from any of these programs I wouldn’t call as representative of sucking
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Matt Ruhle is a damn good coach and there’s a reason why Baylor is undefeated ... I trust his evaluations

Matt Wells is doing some good things in Lubbock on the back of doing some really good things at Utah St ... he’s pretty damn good as well

It's all about stars with some people.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Utah offered Kyler Manu too