Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cooper McDonald, 2020 3* LB, Justin (Northwest), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

I hope this kid is good

I'm hoping he reconsiders his commitment.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

FirePete said:

I hope this kid is good

I'm hoping he reconsiders his commitment.
    Hope is a great strategy right
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I have no problem with this kid. After the elite guys, I don’t give a shit about star rating. It’s all about evaluating the right guys and developing after the sure fire studs.

Agreed. Azeem, BBK, Littelton, Bierria. All 3 stars, right?

Speed is the only thing that matters. The rest can usually be got or taught.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MakaDawg said:

I have no problem with this kid. After the elite guys, I don’t give a shit about star rating. It’s all about evaluating the right guys and developing after the sure fire studs.

This is tough for me to swallow, thinking of how many times I see Wellington and Ngata getting bulldozed out of the play by a guard who outweighs them by 90 lbs.

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    MakaDawg said:

I think Littleton was a 2 star. I trust the coaches. They like this kid, he plays 5A TX football, film looks good, good athlete.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    godawgst said:

MakaDawg said:

This is tough for me to swallow, thinking of how many times I see Wellington and Ngata getting bulldozed out of the play by a guard who outweighs them by 90 lbs.

“Usually”

Ngata not being able to put on weight is a problem for sure, but he’s still a better option than Manu, who is a slow, fat fuck. Slow, fat fucks don’t change.
  • Options

Not saying size isn’t important, but I think speed and instincts come first.

Wellington has very bad instincts and football IQ. The rest of them aren’t athletic enough to make up for their deficiencies.

I am glad we did not redshirt Wellington
  • Options

Wellington has very bad instincts and football IQ. The rest of them aren’t athletic enough to make up for their deficiencies.

Yep, Wellington just doesn't seem to get it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

We’ll see next year. It depends on the redshirting freshman. He isn’t good, but we will want him back if those guys aren’t markedly better than Sirmon and Tafisi. Luckily, if they make any plays at all and aren’t completely useless, they will be better than Sirmon.
  • Options

FirePete said:

We’ll see next year. It depends on the redshirting freshman. He isn’t good, but we will want him back if those guys aren’t markedly better than Sirmon and Tafisi. Luckily, if they make any plays at all and aren’t completely useless, they will be better than Sirmon.
    I have not completely given up on sirmon
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

I have not completely given up on sirmon
    Yeah. He could still learn to be a college football player. Guys like Kevin King, BBK, and a few others were written off early too
  • Options
    I have a feeling, based on the pea soup I had for dinner last night, that this kid is going to be a steal and one of the studs of the class. BBK but bigger. Just a hunch
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yep, Wellington just doesn't seem to get it.
    Talking with someone who knows way more football than me & most else hear, said basically that about Wellington. He was good enough athletically to play ok the last couple years when he had BBK or Bierria on the field to tell him what to do.
    It's easy to see. He has all the athleticism to be a top tier linebacker. He was a 4 star RB for a reason. But holy shit can he not diagnose plays, and his tackling has been pedestrian at best. He's a massive disappointment.

But in the interest of fairness it's worth noting that Manu is in his own tier of bad. Cort Dennison athleticism with Wellington instincts.

I still can't wrap my head around over how destitute of a position group this is six years into a strong regime that has otherwise developed above average to elite units. Fuck, I'd kill just to have Fuimaono and Timu back there.
    Yep. Dennison was bad. He was still a lot better than Manu. He might have made plays 8 yards down the field, but he at least made tackles. Manu just gets washed up or shook outta his shoes.