Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alternative theory: Why was Pete hired?

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

LIPO.

We were in the playoffs year 3 and half the team (defense) belonged, with far less talented players.

Dead wrong. The talent that got us to the playoff is the kind of talent Pete doesn’t want to recruit.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LIPO.

We were in the playoffs year 3 and half the team (defense) belonged, with far less talented players.

Dead wrong. The talent that got us to the playoff is the kind of talent Pete doesn’t want to recruit.
    Disagree
  • Options

LIPO.

Disagree
    Thats why youre wrong.
  • Options
    Founders Club

LIPO.

Disagree
    Thats why youre wrong.
    We have more talent than ever before
  • Options

LIPO.

Disagree
    Thats why youre wrong.
    We have more talent than ever before
    Get back to me when they see the field.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

"I'm not here to fucking hero worship a coach. I love Pete and I personally admire him, but we need Rose Bowl wins. There is no fucking reason we shouldn't have them. "

And NOW is the time to make hay while the sun shines upon a shitty Pac-12

Ok Derek, get your buddy Sark back and wallow in 4-loss bowl games. You're as delusional as 98% of the 'dawgfans' here. Getting to a rose bowl is 99% the battle. Winning it is really irrelevant when it took 20 years to get back there with the coaches you think are better than Pete. Fuck o dear
    Doog loser!
    Write a fucking paragraph Baze. You really are the most immature poster here. J used to hold that title. I dont respond to your dumbass anymore, but 20 1-2 word retorts from you deserves a response. 'Doog-loser' is the best you can do?

I just bought a brand new Polaris outlaw for my friends kid for her b-day Saturday. 7 years old. 1, it cost more than the car you squeeze in to your sardine parking spot in the bargain apartment complex you call home and 2, she can at least write a 7-word response on a message board. Now I know how you reached 18k posts. Pretty easy when you rapid-fire 50 1-word beauties a day for the 1 year you've been at HH
    Why are you so angry?

When you write stupid shit like winning the Rose Bowl is irrelevant, there's really not much I need to say. Quit praising Petersen by comparing him to Sark & Ty. The Rose Bowl is not a stand-alone event. Petersen has dropped some games that he shouldn't have. The Rose Bowl was the third major bowl in a row that he blew out of his ass. Okay, we? probably weren't going to beat Alabama in 2016. But the showing against Penn State and Ohio State were terrible. With a halfway decent offense and not a galactically fucktarded QB, those games were winnable. Pete bringing in Browning as his golden boy and sticking with him for 4 fucking years was painful. On top of that, his offensive philosophy is too cutesy.

How much longer do we give Petersen? He's a decent coach, but this program needs to and can take the next step and actually win meaningful games and big bowl games.

Getting there is not good enough. Getting there and getting a participation trophy makes you a fucking doog loser.

Did I really have to explain this shit to you you imbecile?
    Ok baze, what coach in the pac 12 has got his team to 3 straight jan1 bowls in the last 20 years besides Pete Carroll and Chip Kelly (both hall of fame college coaches). That's rhetorical so dont bother answering. I credit you for trying to articulate in more than 2 words, but 2 words would have made more sense. You're kind of a dummy huh?
    I'm not comparing Pete to previous Pac-10/Pac-12 coaches. I'm comparing Pete to the Sabans and Swinneys of the world. Can Pete get out of his own way and do what's necessary to elevate the program? Or is he going to stick to his Boise State offense and fuck things up when it counts?
    It took Dabo 7.5 years to play for a NT and 8.5 to win one. That's the current world record for a non-Blue Blood in the BCS/CFP era. DJ took 10 years to win his first National Title ON THE FIELD (hi @oregonblitzkrieg ). Pete's aggravating AF some times but this is like aging fine whiskey and our product neems mor tim.
    OBK is quite busy in the Tug being a dick licker. He's out of the football business. You won't find him here.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,914
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Saban's and Swinney's dont have academic standards Baze (kinda like your parents).

The sooner you realize UW is in the UCLA, Northwestern, ND, CAL, Stanford, Vandy conference be proud. UW the best of the bunch. It's why Pete has built for life. More than just football Baze. Being you didnt go to college, or a have a job you wouldnt understand. This is as good as UW football will ever be, under Pete. Academics matter here, as well as they should. I love it:) get used to it. Stalin should as well

FUCK OFF

Run this loser
    Pups the new ballz
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,491
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pete was hired to get us to replace Stanford in the Pac 12 pecking order. Good enough to win the conference, not worth discussing for the playoffs.

The sooner you fucktards realize this the faster you'll join me for another beer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Pete was hired to get us to replace Stanford in the Pac 12 pecking order. Good enough to win the conference, not worth discussing for the playoffs.

The sooner you fucktards realize this the faster you'll join me for another beer.

This is fucking retarded. PETE GOT US TO THE FUCKING PLAYOFF. AS IN WE PLAYED IN IT. WITH JAKE FUCKING BROWNING.
    Stanford's in the playoff if not for a fucktarded loss to Northwestern at the beginning of the year. Be better.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

This is fucking retarded. PETE GOT US TO THE FUCKING PLAYOFF. AS IN WE PLAYED IN IT. WITH JAKE FUCKING BROWNING.
    Stanford's in the playoff if not for a fucktarded loss to Northwestern at the beginning of the year. Be better.
    What about UW playing in the playoff do you not understand?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

What about UW playing in the playoff do you not understand?
    I'm saying that programs not worthy of the playoff have made the playoff. It's not a program defining stat. MSU, ND, etc.

We belonged that year, no doubt. But Stanford does things the milque toast right way and should have made the playoff. It's not a good separator.

We're not even trying to be fucking Climp or Okla. #Truth
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

"I'm not here to fucking hero worship a coach. I love Pete and I personally admire him, but we need Rose Bowl wins. There is no fucking reason we shouldn't have them. "

And NOW is the time to make hay while the sun shines upon a shitty Pac-12

Ok Derek, get your buddy Sark back and wallow in 4-loss bowl games. You're as delusional as 98% of the 'dawgfans' here. Getting to a rose bowl is 99% the battle. Winning it is really irrelevant when it took 20 years to get back there with the coaches you think are better than Pete. Fuck o dear
    Doog loser!
    Write a fucking paragraph Baze. You really are the most immature poster here. J used to hold that title. I dont respond to your dumbass anymore, but 20 1-2 word retorts from you deserves a response. 'Doog-loser' is the best you can do?

I just bought a brand new Polaris outlaw for my friends kid for her b-day Saturday. 7 years old. 1, it cost more than the car you squeeze in to your sardine parking spot in the bargain apartment complex you call home and 2, she can at least write a 7-word response on a message board. Now I know how you reached 18k posts. Pretty easy when you rapid-fire 50 1-word beauties a day for the 1 year you've been at HH
    Why are you so angry?

When you write stupid shit like winning the Rose Bowl is irrelevant, there's really not much I need to say. Quit praising Petersen by comparing him to Sark & Ty. The Rose Bowl is not a stand-alone event. Petersen has dropped some games that he shouldn't have. The Rose Bowl was the third major bowl in a row that he blew out of his ass. Okay, we? probably weren't going to beat Alabama in 2016. But the showing against Penn State and Ohio State were terrible. With a halfway decent offense and not a galactically fucktarded QB, those games were winnable. Pete bringing in Browning as his golden boy and sticking with him for 4 fucking years was painful. On top of that, his offensive philosophy is too cutesy.

How much longer do we give Petersen? He's a decent coach, but this program needs to and can take the next step and actually win meaningful games and big bowl games.

Getting there is not good enough. Getting there and getting a participation trophy makes you a fucking doog loser.

Did I really have to explain this shit to you you imbecile?
    Ok baze, what coach in the pac 12 has got his team to 3 straight jan1 bowls in the last 20 years besides Pete Carroll and Chip Kelly (both hall of fame college coaches). That's rhetorical so dont bother answering. I credit you for trying to articulate in more than 2 words, but 2 words would have made more sense. You're kind of a dummy huh?
    I'm not comparing Pete to previous Pac-10/Pac-12 coaches. I'm comparing Pete to the Sabans and Swinneys of the world. Can Pete get out of his own way and do what's necessary to elevate the program? Or is he going to stick to his Boise State offense and fuck things up when it counts?
    It took Dabo 7.5 years to play for a NT and 8.5 to win one. That's the current world record for a non-Blue Blood in the BCS/CFP era. DJ took 10 years to win his first National Title ON THE FIELD (hi @oregonblitzkrieg ). Pete's aggravating AF some times but this is like aging fine whiskey and our product neems mor tim.
    Good post yella. Oh, Dabo didnt win ACC 2 times in 1st 5 years either..nor get anywhere near playoff his 3rd year...but what to facts and stats matter to you garboons lofl
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    haie said:

haie said:

Did Shaw get to playoff haie? Lofl pete didnt lose to northwestern. He lost to USC. They're a little better than NW. Fucking comedy show around here
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Did Shaw get to playoff haie? Lofl
    I mean you use the same hypothetical shit to excuse Lambo. I'm talking about 1 non con game against fucking Northwestern.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Did Shaw get to playoff haie? Lofl pete didnt lose to northwestern. He lost to USC. They're a little better than NW. Fucking comedy show around here
    Laying on floor laughing? Makes sense.
  • Options
    Ok Derek, get your buddy Sark back and wallow in 4-loss bowl games. You're as delusional as 98% of the 'dawgfans' here. Getting to a rose bowl is 99% the battle. Winning it is really irrelevant when it took 20 years to get back there with the coaches you think are better than Pete. Fuck o dear. Wasnt it cool just to see purple sidelines in Pasadena again.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Did Shaw get to playoff haie? Lofl
    I mean you use the same hypothetical shit to excuse Lambo. I'm talking about 1 non con game against fucking Northwestern.
    You're showing how stupid you really are haie. Now back to class. You'll get it when you watch more than 3 years of husky football you little putz. I got a few days b4 I hit Europe. Allow me to put you in same grave as Baze b4 I depart