Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elijah Jackson, 2020 3* DB, Harbor City (Lawndale), CA (COMMITTED)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the kid that the TSIO guys liked the least. Right? Like not at all. As per usual, let the secondary recruits get into the UW system and see where they go. What do I know? I sell cans of corn.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This is the kid that the TSIO guys liked the least. Right? Like not at all. As per usual, let the secondary recruits get into the UW system and see where they go. What do I know? I sell cans of corn.

Honorable profession.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You're thinking of Smith
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Found this interesting:

Opposing Coach's View - "The thing we always were aware of with (Jackson) was that he was aggressive. You could get him on double-moves, but he learned quickly and he recognized routes really well, so you may get him once, but you wouldn't get him again. Another thing I noticed when we scouted him was that his change of direction, especially for a bigger guy like him, was outstanding. There was no wasted motion and he wasn't stiff. He could turn and run with you. I think he'll be great in their system (at Washington) because they play more zone up there and he's excellent at sitting down in his zone and reading the quarterback. He got his hands on a lot of passes. I didn't see a guy who was great at catching the ball, so that's something he'll have to work on. In run support, he's like a safety. He'll come up and hit you. He needs to be better at taking on blockers, especially in college, but that should come with coaching. Overall, I think he's got a great future in college. He might not be an elite guy, but he'll be a solid two or three year starter for them and he'll have a future in the NFL because of his size and athleticism."

Opposing players' view - "One of our receivers was a speed guy. When he lined up against (Jackson), we just said to run by him because he wasn't a speedy guy. He wasn't slow, I'm not saying that, but he wasn't a guy who could run with our guy. Once our guy did that once though, (Jackson) backed off to eight yards and then when our guy tried to run past him again, he blew him up on the jam. It was impressive in our film study the next day. He just blasted him. In run support, we couldn't do anything to his side. He was so physical with the receivers and tight ends, he could just seal the edge and either make our guy cut it up inside or he'd make the tackle on the outside. Really strong and physically imposing guy. He can play."

Can’t stand these because they are very likely and certainly mostly fake.
    What makes you think that other than it coming from doogman?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Yeah that was James Smith. He barely played as a senior because he got passed up by underclassmen. I'm pretty sure the coaches wish they could have had a mulligan on that one.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

They rated Smith and Jackson similarly poorly, Smith a little higher due to upside