Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elijah Jackson, 2020 3* DB, Harbor City (Lawndale), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

It's not that rare at UW:

Rapp
    Jones
    King
    Peters
    Trufant

Off the top of my head.

Can Williams will be the next one.
    It's sounding like Hampton and Taylor belong on that list too. Also Jordan Miller would get a post career rating of 4*, but it very well could have been 5* if he had stayed healthy.

Amazing coaching to be sure, but this guy (Lake), or these guys as a staff, are really fucking good at projecting DB talent. Better than they are at coaching it even, perhaps.
    Also Gordon. It sounds like he will likely be starting alongside Taylor
    Yeah, but I was limiting it to 3* recruits.

I think Gordon is a once in a generation type of talent. He'll have a huge hype train and national recognition by the time he's done. How and how much he gets used (returner, gadget offensive plays etc) and his health will determine how big of a star he becomes.
    Sorry. I realized what you were doing after I posted and immediately felt like an idiot.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

We have so much depth that I don't know.if this kid will see the field, but I definitely.understand the logic behind taking his commit now and not waiting on hector

This was also my 1st thought. I also wonder if the 2021 DB class is bad so we are loading up this year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Rapp
    Jones
    King
    Peters
    Trufant

Off the top of my head.

It's sounding like Hampton and Taylor belong on that list too. Also Jordan Miller would get a post career rating of 4*, but it very well could have been 5* if he had stayed healthy.

Amazing coaching to be sure, but this guy (Lake), or these guys as a staff, are really fucking good at projecting DB talent. Better than they are at coaching it even, perhaps.
    Also Gordon. It sounds like he will likely be starting alongside Taylor
    Yeah, but I was limiting it to 3* recruits.

I think Gordon is a once in a generation type of talent. He'll have a huge hype train and national recognition by the time he's done. How and how much he gets used (returner, gadget offensive plays etc) and his health will determine how big of a star he becomes.
    Sorry. I realized what you were doing after I posted and immediately felt like an idiot.
    Dont beat yourself up too much.

On the other hand dont go too easy either, and send pics of the damage (for a friend).
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2019
    I’m guessing the jersey he’s wearing in that pic might be our alternate this year. Adidas really nailed the photo realism here if so.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

chuck said:

Rapp
    Jones
    King
    Peters
    Trufant

Off the top of my head.

Sporting news or something like that has Cam as a freshman All-American projection.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dhdawg said:

We have so much depth that I don't know.if this kid will see the field, but I definitely.understand the logic behind taking his commit now and not waiting on hector

This was also my 1st thought. I also wonder if the 2021 DB class is bad so we are loading up this year.
    There might be something to that. We haven't offered a CB yet and only Will Latu at S (although he is a 100% lock.)

Also I still think we are a couple bodies light at both CB and S so I don't mind taking 5 assuming we lose 2-3.
    Latu is going to play linebacker
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chip on his shoulder?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dhdawg said:

There might be something to that. We haven't offered a CB yet and only Will Latu at S (although he is a 100% lock.)

Also I still think we are a couple bodies light at both CB and S so I don't mind taking 5 assuming we lose 2-3.
    Latu is going to play linebacker
    Very possible I'm not sure if the coaches like him with the added weight or not. Also not sure if he is done growing or not.

If he is a LB then we have no DB offers out for 2021 yet. And in-state looks pretty barren.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Chip on his shoulder?

That's. Not. Chip.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    I'm psyched on Esteen and Covington. Smith shows promise. And Jackson is a bit underwhelming, to be honest. Maybe I'm just starstruck and wanted the higher-rated guy in Hector and to strengthen the EC pipeline. I don't know. Pumped the kid's a Dawg, but anyone else kind of confused they're taking commitments from Smith and Jackson when Hector is still out there?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
    In Jimmy we trust, but I'll admit that I'm not really excited about taking both James Smith and Jackson. This will likely be our lowest ranked db class since 2015
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Rapp
    Jones
    King
    Peters
    Trufant

Off the top of my head.

Jordan Miller might deserve a 5 anyway. He was the best corner in the PAC per PFF stats when he was healthy, and top 5 in the nation.

That’s what the stats show, but the eyeball test was different. I remember Miller getting burned a couple of times. I don’t remember anyone else getting beat deep like he did.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

I'm psyched on Esteen and Covington. Smith shows promise. And Jackson is a bit underwhelming, to be honest. Maybe I'm just starstruck and wanted the higher-rated guy in Hector and to strengthen the EC pipeline. I don't know. Pumped the kid's a Dawg, but anyone else kind of confused they're taking commitments from Smith and Jackson when Hector is still out there?

I really like Esteen and Covington too. The rest of them, including Hector are “whatevergirl.gif” type of recruits to me.