Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alt right fascist Thomas Friedman says build the wall

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I've never understood the Christian Right boogie man that so many people claim to be afraid of. What impact on my life does the Christian right have? The religious left who worships the state has far more negative impact on my life than does the religious right.

They're no different. They both attempt to change what we can and can't do. That's how they can affect your life. You may in most instances not mind the way the Christian right attempts to regulate the country's moral code, but that doesn't mean they're not doing it.
    If the Christian right is regulating the country's moral code they are doing a pretty crappy job of it. They have no influence or input on my life, don't know about yours. But the religious left is constantly impacting my life.

The religious right isn't imposing any moral code on me and they certainly aren't passing any laws or enacting regulations affecting me.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One of the pro choice arguments is ‘Keep your laws off my body’. I’m curious why this argument doesn’t apply to prostitution?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    USMChawk said:

One of the pro choice arguments is ‘Keep your laws off my body’. I’m curious why this argument doesn’t apply to prostitution?

Bad juxtaposition. Babies in utero can’t iffer consent. Furthermore, segments of the left would like to see legal prostitution
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,954
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Well they aren't doing a very good job of doing so. I really love the big issues of the leftards. Born alive abortion, gay marriage, disarming America, open borders, AA, free sh*t, no 1st amendment free speech rights etc. I'm a libertarian conservative. Of all my priorities Trump kills any dem. I notice that any of the slack brain leftards on the shed avoid prioritizing their priorities. Freedom and liberty ain't any part of them.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,204
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I've never understood the Christian Right boogie man that so many people claim to be afraid of. What impact on my life does the Christian right have? The religious left who worships the state has far more negative impact on my life than does the religious right.

They're no different. They both attempt to change what we can and can't do. That's how they can affect your life. You may in most instances not mind the way the Christian right attempts to regulate the country's moral code, but that doesn't mean they're not doing it.
    But the religious left is constantly impacting my life.

How?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    dflea said:

Whether or not they'd like to admit, the only problem most people have with the wall is who's selling it.

Trump could be selling a cure for cancer and some people would sign up for chemo and die instead. He's toxic, and has become an ineffective leader, IMO. Everything he does turns into a battle even if it's something that makes sense. If the people who hate him weren't such pussies, or if he wasn't such a toxic blowhard, we might get something done in this country.

He won the election being the way he is, then the Dems and their deep state operatives tried in vain to stage a coup d’etat for 2.5 years, and you think Trump is the reason nothing gets done. Jesus. Take off the HRC blinders once in awhile.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

Whether or not they'd like to admit, the only problem most people have with the wall is who's selling it.

Trump could be selling a cure for cancer and some people would sign up for chemo and die instead. He's toxic, and has become an ineffective leader, IMO. Everything he does turns into a battle even if it's something that makes sense. If the people who hate him weren't such pussies, or if he wasn't such a toxic blowhard, we might get something done in this country.

Agree that's what we've gotten to. That's why the democratic party will put up another loser. For a segment of society, he is irredeemable no matter what.

Also agree it would be nice if we could get shit done without a Donnie-like caricature.

I'm entirely in the "don't focus on Trump as a person; focus on what he does", which has some intellectual appeal to me.

I also wish we were a little better than this, but alas, it is what it is. He's a total fucking clown as a man and as an image of leadership. And I'd rather he not indulge some of the segments of society he indulges. I gave him credit for getting fat boy to the table, even though I knew it would lead to no change, and it appears it hasn't. The economy? Eh, I'm loathe to ever lay that at the feet of any one guy, but the rules of the game are you get the credit and blame for the economy on your watch. So I'm not bitching there. And if he can make headway on international trade issues, I'm happy for that too. The wall is symbolic thing more than practical thing, but whatever there too. Build it; I don't care. I'm not falling for "we're under siege," but then again, who can be against legal immigration? We have a 1,000 problems and that's not at the top of the list, but if it's the one he or anyone else wants to address, have at it.

I'll never abide by abject nationalism and protectionist policies. It's a loser in the long run, but it feels really good at times.
    Reasonable takes for being posted in the Tug.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    Swaye's Wigwam

We? can’t afford to stabilize 60% of Central and South America.

True but that’s not why I posted. Moral of the story is even center left guys are saying build the wall.
    According to our resident leftist brain-trust Friedman would be center right at best.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

USMChawk said:

Bad juxtaposition. Babies in utero can’t iffer consent. Furthermore, segments of the left would like to see legal prostitution
    Looks like Hondo and I finally agree
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,204
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

But the religious left is constantly impacting my life.

How?
    Yeah, I didn't think so.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

dflea said:

He won the election being the way he is, then the Dems and their deep state operatives tried in vain to stage a coup d’etat for 2.5 years, and you think Trump is the reason nothing gets done. Jesus. Take off the HRC blinders once in awhile.
    Go fuck yourself, faggot. Isn't there a failed septic system that needs you to come and clean the turds out of it?
  • Options
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Go fuck yourself, faggot. Isn't there a failed septic system that needs you to come and clean the turds out of it?
    Eat my shit, Dependency Case.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

dflea said:

dflea said:

Pump my septic tank, bitch.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

Well they aren't doing a very good job of doing so. I really love the big issues of the leftards. Born alive abortion, gay marriage, disarming America, open borders, AA, free sh*t, no 1st amendment free speech rights etc. I'm a libertarian conservative. Of all my priorities Trump kills any dem. I notice that any of the slack brain leftards on the shed avoid prioritizing their priorities. Freedom and liberty ain't any part of them.

What is a "shed?"
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2019
    USMChawk said:

It's a stupid argument. Just like privacy is a stupid argument. There are other, more persuasive arguments, but those are losers. The law restricts our physical bodies in all manner of ways.

I still say this: if it's murder, then it's murder, and we all ought to be up in arms (and perhaps literally in arms) over the fact that it's happening 100s of thousands of times per day. If there were killing fields for children, I suspect more than one of us would be doing more than trading thoughts about it in the Tug.

Someone asked the question, how is the religious right affecting my life? Well, if you haven't knocked up a broad with whom you don't want raise a child, and this momentum being carried winds up getting us legislation in more than a handful of states effectively outlawing it in all but a few narrow circumstances, then that's how. And the very thought of such a thing being legal in one state and not another is a complete fucking joke. We occasionally decide that some things are fundamental. I heard that's what the 13th amendment was about. This seems to be at least as important, no? The taking of a human life? Right? Murder? What could be more fundamental?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Someone asked the question, how is the religious right affecting my life? Well, if you haven't knocked up a broad with whom you don't want raise a child, and this momentum being carried winds up getting us legislation in more than a handful of states effectively outlawing it in all but a few narrow circumstances, then that's how. And the very thought of such a thing being legal in one state and not another is a complete fucking joke. We occasionally decide that some things are fundamental. I heard that's what the 13th amendment was about. This seems to be at least as important, no? The taking of a human life? Right? Murder? What could be more fundamental?

So in other words you can't really point to anything concrete in how the religious right has affected your life. But they might!!!! Meanwhile, the religious left is telling me what to do and how to live and pushing their agenda down my throat ever fucking day.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    SFGbob said:

So in other words you can't really point to anything concrete in how the religious right has affected your life. But they might!!!! Meanwhile, the religious left is telling me what to do and how to live and pushing their agenda down my throat ever fucking day.

This position of yours is stupid rhetoric, and (I hope) you know it. There are wings of the religious right that would like to manage a lot of behavior of a lot of people, and they will if they're able to get enough support.

So, the religious left is affecting your life because they're telling you what to do? Is that it? Have you not yet tried your tuff guy routine on them? Perhaps tell them to fuck off and do what you want anyway? Sounds to me like you're letting yourself be bullied. That's a far cry from someone making you do something, or restricting you from doing something. And, the religious right does that shit too; you just can't see it perhaps because you're fan. Depending on where in the country you live, there are some pretty pious bible bananas out there who will shun you, judge you and deem you a giant misfit for not toeing the line. And the vast majority of the them do, in fact, want to take your girlfriend's right to an abortion. Seems like a good example to me.

If you're trying to suggest that the religious right is harmless, and it is really only leftists zealouts who present a threat, which is what it appears you're doing, then your objective guy of the 2000s rep is really going to suffer.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The task was for you cite the ways the Religious Right is impacting your life today. You failed. But, but, but the might!!! Or the would if they could!!! Does quite cut it.

Unlike you there is no fucking dick in my mouth. What I'm saying is perfectly clearly. The Religious Right while being an omnipresent boogieman for leftists, has very little if any power to impact anyone on how they should live their lives Who cares what they might want to do, they don't have the power to do it.
  • Options
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Pump my septic tank, bitch.
    Who the fuck has septic anymore? You sound poor.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    SFGbob said:

The task was for you cite the ways the Religious Right is impacting your life today. You failed. But, but, but the might!!! Or the would if they could!!! Does quite cut it.

Unlike you there is no fucking dick in my mouth. What I'm saying is perfectly clearly. The Religious Right while being an omnipresent boogieman for leftists, has very little if any power to impact anyone on how they should live their lives Who cares what they might want to do, they don't have the power to do it.

Who are you kidding monkey? You've got one in your mouth and one your ass Private. And you lack the rank and cajones to give me tasks, so fuck off w/ your imaginary authority tuff boy.

But please. Regale me with more scary stories of how lezbians are making you do things you don't want to do. Lives are being effected!

@dflea is right: you are giant pussy. If you can't live your life without marching to the orders of a few carpet chewers and college sophomores, then you should probably hang yourself. Stat. As for me? I grab my balls, every day, because I have them, and live my life. Nobody is making me do diddly shit outside of the IRC.