Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alt right fascist Thomas Friedman says build the wall

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019
    We? can’t afford to stabilize 60% of Central and South America.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,987
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

True but that’s not why I posted. Moral of the story is even center left guys are saying build the wall.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602

True but that’s not why I posted. Moral of the story is even center left guys are saying build the wall.
    And end all asylum processing.

That would put an end to this bullshit real quick.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

There's already a wall over most of the border. Obama built it, remember?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

He didn’t build enough wall to stop Hillary from being a whiney cunt.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Whether or not they'd like to admit, the only problem most people have with the wall is who's selling it.

Trump could be selling a cure for cancer and some people would sign up for chemo and die instead. He's toxic, and has become an ineffective leader, IMO. Everything he does turns into a battle even if it's something that makes sense. If the people who hate him weren't such pussies, or if he wasn't such a toxic blowhard, we might get something done in this country.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Lines of cages don't count.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Whether or not they'd like to admit, the only problem most people have with the wall is who's selling it.

Trump could be selling a cure for cancer and some people would sign up for chemo and die instead. He's toxic, and has become an ineffective leader, IMO. Everything he does turns into a battle even if it's something that makes sense. If the people who hate him weren't such pussies, or if he wasn't such a toxic blowhard, we might get something done in this country.

But I’m hearing Trump being Trump is the only way to win and beat back the leftist whackos. He’s our only hope.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

But I’m hearing Trump being Trump is the only way to win and beat back the leftist whackos. He’s our only hope.
    So its Trump's fault his opponents are deranged?

We're here talking about building the wall because he doesn't back down

Whether it's the only way or not is irrelevant

It's the way it is

If he listened to the soft fucking losers with their panties in a wad we'd have Hillary
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

So its Trump's fault his opponents are deranged?

We're here talking about building the wall because he doesn't back down

Whether it's the only way or not is irrelevant

It's the way it is

If he listened to the soft fucking losers with their panties in a wad we'd have Hillary
    I’ve gotta go now to my own lawn cause I’m pour. Then spring practice game. Will respond later today.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    When did Mueller realize there was no collusion?

Supposedly by the either late 2017 or early 2018. He definitely knew well before the midterm elections.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-when-did-mueller-know-there-was-no-collusion
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2019
    I've never understood the Christian Right boogie man that so many people claim to be afraid of. What impact on my life does the Christian right have? The religious left who worships the state has far more negative impact on my life than does the religious right.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I've never understood the Christian Right boogie man that so many people claim to be afraid of. What impact on my life does the Christian right have? The religious left who worships the state has far more negative impact on my life than does the religious right.

No one’s coming for your abortions
    Even if Roe was overturned that wouldn't make all abortions illegal. You'd have a handful of states that might ban it completely, but abortion would still be available everywhere else.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dflea said:

Agree that's what we've gotten to. That's why the democratic party will put up another loser. For a segment of society, he is irredeemable no matter what.

Also agree it would be nice if we could get shit done without a Donnie-like caricature.

I'm entirely in the "don't focus on Trump as a person; focus on what he does", which has some intellectual appeal to me.

I also wish we were a little better than this, but alas, it is what it is. He's a total fucking clown as a man and as an image of leadership. And I'd rather he not indulge some of the segments of society he indulges. I gave him credit for getting fat boy to the table, even though I knew it would lead to no change, and it appears it hasn't. The economy? Eh, I'm loathe to ever lay that at the feet of any one guy, but the rules of the game are you get the credit and blame for the economy on your watch. So I'm not bitching there. And if he can make headway on international trade issues, I'm happy for that too. The wall is symbolic thing more than practical thing, but whatever there too. Build it; I don't care. I'm not falling for "we're under siege," but then again, who can be against legal immigration? We have a 1,000 problems and that's not at the top of the list, but if it's the one he or anyone else wants to address, have at it.

I'll never abide by abject nationalism and protectionist policies. It's a loser in the long run, but it feels really good at times.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

No one’s coming for your abortions
    Even if Roe was overturned that wouldn't make all abortions illegal. You'd have a handful of states that might ban it completely, but abortion would still be available everywhere else.
    Which raises an interesting question that I wrestled with as an undergraduate at da U (the one in Seattle). If abortion should be limited or outright prohibited, on what basis such limit or prohibition? Presumably, it's on the basis that it's the taking of a human person, which we all agree is not ok in other than self-defense situations.

If that is the basis, and it is, then what kind of country allows for the defining of such a fundamental limitation on the basis of such a fundamental act to vary by region? If, in fact, it's murder of some sort, then how on earth is it ok to have one in California, but not ok in Kentucky? What would the republic look like if it were ok to have slaves in some states and not in others? Murdering black people in Miss ok, but not in Washington?

I see no difference here. If it's wrong in Kentucky then it's wrong in New York. Otherwise, our republic is a fucking joke.

Don't twist. I'm pro choice. But this "states rights" shit was amongst Scalia's worst arguments. Dworkin tore him to shreds on this point, and I agree.

This is related to something with which I challenged Sled and others who profess to be ardent pro lifers: if you're convinced that abortion is the moral equivalent of walking into a day care and randomly killing a kid ... say your kid .... if you think that, then why wouldn't you be way more outraged than most pro lifers really are? Why aren't arming up taking matters into their own hands? Seems like if you knew that the day care down the street were systematically snuffing out kids daily, you'd probably grab a gun and go down there and intervene. Oddly enough, this makes the Randal Terrys of the world seem rational compared to their loud-mouth, do-nothing, counterparts like my wife's blowhard aunts and uncles.
  • Options

Here is some tailgate food for thought

Trump offered the democrats a deal on immigration 2 years ago that would have settled DACA and maybe got us the legal immigration reform we want for the wall that we now are getting.

But the democrats were too busy trying to remove him from office on TRUMPed up charges calling him the most vile name and accusing him of treason

They to this day lack the common decency to shut the fuck up let alone admit they were dead wrong and they knew they were wrong when they started. When did Mueller realize there was no collusion?

But Trump is supposed to reach across the aisle to shitheels like that?

Biden announces a crusade to save the soul of America paddling the same old lie from two years ago at Charlottesville. But those bible thumpers in the GOP

Why aren't Muslims called out for supporting democrats who want abortion and gay rights? They are hypocrites too. Everybody does it but again its the GOP side that is dangerous and extreme.

The 80's Canes didn't win the right way. Rick didn't win the Rose Bowl the right way. Ty does win the right way. Urban Meyer is a cheater. Petermen loses NY6 bowl games the right way.

All deals are on the table. Step up and make some

I've called a racist deplorable just for voting for Trump. I don't care. I care about the tax cut i got and the booming business I have and the American economy growing and reaching the minority populations in somewhat historic fashion. Not bad for a racist

Results matter. Trump could be better in a thousand ways but he is who he is and compared to his opposition he is great.

There is no alternative for fans of the Capitalists in 2020. Win or go home

And to be clear this isn't a blast at Yella nor do I think he is a soft fucking loser. I was thinking more of the Bush family

No fair going for the gratuitous Canes reference. Exploiting the other guy's weakness is below the belt.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

They're no different. They both attempt to change what we can and can't do. That's how they can affect your life. You may in most instances not mind the way the Christian right attempts to regulate the country's moral code, but that doesn't mean they're not doing it.