Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL Draft/Seahawks

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Fuck the Seahawks. I wanted McGary to replace Ifedi. But of course they traded back again for some late round picks who won't make the team as usual because they suck at drafting. Then McGary goes to Atlanta the very next pick. They could have gotten McGary and DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry back to back. I fucking hate John Schneider so much. He thinks he's smart and he's not. He never takes the obvious guy that fits the Seahawks perfectly at a position of need and that guy goes on to be a stud for someone else. His drafting has been shit since 2012.

what in thee fuck are you babbling about? Chris Carson and Tre Flowers were both late rounders, among others
    Their hit rate is extremely low on late round draft picks post 2012 draft. You just named two outliers.
    Well on one hand, you make a good point because Flowers was a third rounder (I thought he was 6th round until I looked it up). So Chris Carson is the one huge jackpot he's hit in the 7th round in the last five years. Nobody else has stuck, that I know of.

But to say you hate him and that he's shitty at his job, that's ridiculous. He has reached two Super Bowls and won one. You don't do that if you're absolute shit.

You're probably reacting adversely to him for other reasons. Maybe he reminds you of an uncle who molested you in the basement when you were twelve.
    Flowers was a fifth rounder.

They’ve done pretty well the last two years after struggling for about four drafts. They’ve also continued to do well with UDFAs.

This one and next year (they currently have 12 picks) will tell the tale of the next ten years off the franchise.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Fuck the Seahawks. I wanted McGary to replace Ifedi. But of course they traded back again for some late round picks who won't make the team as usual because they suck at drafting. Then McGary goes to Atlanta the very next pick. They could have gotten McGary and DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry back to back. I fucking hate John Schneider so much. He thinks he's smart and he's not. He never takes the obvious guy that fits the Seahawks perfectly at a position of need and that guy goes on to be a stud for someone else. His drafting has been shit since 2012.

Pete and John have drafted like one fourth rounder in history who didn't make the team.

This is really dumb.
    Cool, they were mostly back ups who were later cut a year or two later. Look at the actual fucking draft classes since 2012. They've been god awful.

You want fourth rounders? How about these gems: WR Chris Harper, WR Kevin Norwood, LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, S Tedric Thompson.

Will Dissly and Cassius Marsh are the best 4th rounders they've drafted post-2012.
  • Options

what in thee fuck are you babbling about? Chris Carson and Tre Flowers were both late rounders, among others
    Their hit rate is extremely low on late round draft picks post 2012 draft. You just named two outliers.
    Well on one hand, you make a good point because Flowers was a third rounder (I thought he was 6th round until I looked it up). So Chris Carson is the one huge jackpot he's hit in the 7th round in the last five years. Nobody else has stuck, that I know of.

But to say you hate him and that he's shitty at his job, that's ridiculous. He has reached two Super Bowls and won one. You don't do that if you're absolute shit.

You're probably reacting adversely to him for other reasons. Maybe he reminds you of an uncle who molested you in the basement when you were twelve.
    1. He sucks at drafting players. That is indisputable. He got lucky picking some Hall of Famers in 2010-12 but it's been mostly shit ever since. The guy drafted James Carpenter in the first round for fuck sake. The 2013, 2014, and 2017 drafts? Oh my god. So bad. Hawks had a chance at a dynasty. Schneider's shit drafts post-2012 and the pick ruined any chance of that.

2. Child molestation joke? Yikes, enjoy having that on your conscious. That's one of those jokes you say hoping to get a cheap laugh with crude humor but then the entire room immediately goes silent and at that moment you realize, you fucked up. Bravo. You're a terrible person.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I blame @whlinder for the Seahawks not getting McGary.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

1. He sucks at drafting players. That is indisputable. He got lucky picking some Hall of Famers in 2010-12 but it's been mostly shit ever since. The guy drafted James Carpenter in the first round for fuck sake. The 2013, 2014, and 2017 drafts? Oh my god. So bad. Hawks had a chance at a dynasty. Schneider's shit drafts post-2012 and the pick ruined any chance of that.

2. Child molestation joke? Yikes, enjoy having that on your conscious. That's one of those jokes you say hoping to get a cheap laugh with crude humor but then the entire room immediately goes silent and at that moment you realize, you fucked up. Bravo. You're a terrible person.
    So does he or does he not remind you of that Uncle?
    I don't have any white uncles and I've never been molested. Child molestation is not funny or a joking matter.
  • Options

I don't have any white uncles and I've never been molested. Child molestation is not funny or a joking matter.
    What about Sandusky jokes?
    Nope.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Nope.
    Ok so the line is DRAWN at Sandusky jokes. Got it, thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nope.
    Ok so the line is DRAWN at Sandusky jokes. Got it, thanks for the clarification!
    @RhythmicSlappingDawg true?!?!
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/nfl-draft-performance-grades-best-drafting-teams-picks-classes-2012-2016
  • Options

Fuck Schneider and FUCK the Seahawks

Yeah, exactly.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

DK Metcalf has bust written all over him.
    Ha. Sup now bitch? SEA! HAWKS! SEA! HAWKS!
  • Options

DK Metcalf has bust written all over him.
    YES.

He's going to be terrible.

Not surprised Ballz loved him.

#OleMissSuperiorityGuy
    WOOOOOO AHAHAHAHAHAHA DK METCALF TO THE HAWKS!!!
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If we use DK correctly its gonna be so much fun. Let him run go routes and let Russell air it out, love this pick at 64
  • Options

If we use DK correctly its gonna be so much fun. Let him run go routes and let Russell air it out, love this pick at 64

Yup! He doesn't have to be Julio Jones right away or ever. Just needs to be a legit deep threat and prevent stacked boxes for Chris Carson to do his thing in the running game and open it up for Doug and Tyler to do the underneath stuff.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Yup! He doesn't have to be Julio Jones right away or ever. Just needs to be a legit deep threat and prevent stacked boxes for Chris Carson to do his thing in the running game and open it up for Doug and Tyler to do the underneath stuff.
  • Options

Meh, Doug was okay but won't be missed if he retires.