Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL Draft/Seahawks

BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
edited April 2019 in NFL Talk
Fuck the Seahawks. I wanted McGary to replace Ifedi. But of course they traded back again for some late round picks who won't make the team as usual because they suck at drafting. Then McGary goes to Atlanta the very next pick. They could have gotten McGary and DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry back to back. I fucking hate John Schneider so much. He thinks he's smart and he's not. He never takes the obvious guy that fits the Seahawks perfectly at a position of need and that guy goes on to be a stud for someone else. His drafting has been shit since 2012.

Comments

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Much more dissapointed about N'keal, we don't need a tackle as much as we need WR or EDGE.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2019
    They have been shitting the bed on early picks for years now... Should have traded all 3 1st round picks they had this year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Collier is good but they could have got him with the pick they traded back with

Either McGary or Henry we’re far better picks IMO
  • Options
    Collier has good tape but bad 3 cone & shuttle, he would've been available mid-2nd easy. The Seahawks always do this shit which is why I try not to get attached to any prospects.
  • Options

Much more dissapointed about N'keal, we don't need a tackle as much as we need WR or EDGE.

WTF are you talking about we don't need a tackle? Germain Ifedi is the worst RT in the league. Russell Wilson is still constantly running for his life. The converted basketball guy got broke off with that devastating knee injury. I can't even remember his name be he can't be relied on long term. Mcgary was the guy. Perfect fit for a run first offense. Best run blocking tackle in the draft and an underrated pass blocker. They could have at least gotten Collier and McGary when they had the back to back picks. I guarantee whoever they draft with the picks they got from trading down the second time won't make the roster. It's fucking stupid.
  • Options
    Ifedi wasn't god awful last year without Cable. WR, EDGE, FS are bigger needs

And I don't want a run blocking tackle. Running the ball in the NFL is stupid as fuck no matter how intent the Seahawks are on doing it.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Ifedi wasn't god awful last year without Cable. WR, EDGE, FS are bigger needs

And I don't want a run blocking tackle. Running the ball in the NFL is stupid as fuck no matter how intent the Seahawks are on doing it.

Yes he fucking was! He's been god awful since he was drafted. He fucking sucks. When you make a QB the highest paid player in the league, the biggest need is protecting him. McGary's not just a run blocker. He's arguably the best pass blocking tackle in this draft. Andre Dillard is going to get fucking knocked on his ass he's so soft and weak. McGary's just underrated as a pass blocker because most people don't understand the technique that he uses is what he has been taught and coached to do. It's not traditional technique but it's intentional and highly effective and more aggressive. RT has been a massive hole for the Seahawks for years and you're telling me there are other bigger needs? STFU. You can't win shit if you can't protect the QB and having one gaping hole on the O-line means you're fucked. Seahawks will not get back to the Super Bowl until RT is addressed. Plus you can get good safeties and WR's in the second and third rounds. After McGary it's a huge drop off at OT, that's why Atlanta traded up for his ass.
  • Options
    There are plenty of reasons the Seahawks won't win the Super Bowl and obviously Ifedi is one of them. I just don't think he's the biggest reason, and we have much better oline 'numbers' than we usually do. Jamarco Jones was looking like he could start over Ifedi before he got hurt.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Running the ball may be stupid per you but that is the Hawks identity. And Kaleb’s best skill as an OL is he mauls in the run game. An absolute fit.

The thing with Russ is that he’s great ... but he’s most effective with a run first offense. That’s not really debatable.

I guarantee I’ve seen more of Collier than anybody ... he’s a solid player ... but solid players are rarely 1st rounders
  • Options

There are plenty of reasons the Seahawks won't win the Super Bowl and obviously Ifedi is one of them. I just don't think he's the biggest reason, and we have much better oline 'numbers' than we usually do. Jamarco Jones was looking like he could start over Ifedi before he got hurt.

Who? I've never heard of Jamarco Jones. Look, this is Russell Wilson's team now. It has to be built around him. Pete Carroll is a master at finding UDFA and low cost free agent guys for the defensive side of the ball. I'm fine with the Collier pick. I'm not fine with the second trade down and conceding McGary to Atlanta. That was fucking stupid. Look at the history of our later draft picks post 2012. They fucking suck. John Schneider sucks. Whoever he drafts with those extra picks he got from the second trade will suck. Collier AND McGary would have been a slam dunk at the back end of the first round.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck the Seahawks. I wanted McGary to replace Ifedi. But of course they traded back again for some late round picks who won't make the team as usual because they suck at drafting. Then McGary goes to Atlanta the very next pick. They could have gotten McGary and DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry back to back. I fucking hate John Schneider so much. He thinks he's smart and he's not. He never takes the obvious guy that fits the Seahawks perfectly at a position of need and that guy goes on to be a stud for someone else. His drafting has been shit since 2012.

what in thee fuck are you babbling about? Chris Carson and Tre Flowers were both late rounders, among others
  • Options

what in thee fuck are you babbling about? Chris Carson and Tre Flowers were both late rounders, among others
    Their hit rate is extremely low on late round draft picks post 2012 draft. You just named two outliers.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

DK Metcalf has bust written all over him.
    He's not a complete WR right now. But all we would need him to do early in his career is run deep routes and catch touch downs. It's a run first, play action off of it offense. That means you need dudes at WR that defenses are scared of beating them deep. We have Lockett. You add the speed and threat of Metcalf running by guys and that opens everything up. I guess there's still hope we can get him with the 37th pick but knowing how this shit goes every year, he'll get drafted before that because that's what happens every year with the guys I want.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I want Hakeem Butler
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

DK Metcalf has bust written all over him.
    YES.

He's going to be terrible.

Not surprised Ballz loved him.

#OleMissSuperiorityGuy
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Pete and John have drafted like one fourth rounder in history who didn't make the team.

This is really dumb.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Their hit rate is extremely low on late round draft picks post 2012 draft. You just named two outliers.
    Well on one hand, you make a good point because Flowers was a third rounder (I thought he was 6th round until I looked it up). So Chris Carson is the one huge jackpot he's hit in the 7th round in the last five years. Nobody else has stuck, that I know of.

But to say you hate him and that he's shitty at his job, that's ridiculous. He has reached two Super Bowls and won one. You don't do that if you're absolute shit.

You're probably reacting adversely to him for other reasons. Maybe he reminds you of an uncle who molested you in the basement when you were twelve.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    N'keal to the Patriots isn't fair.
  • Options
    Founders Club

N'keal to the Patriots isn't fair.

awful