Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL Draft/Seahawks

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Fuck the Seahawks. I wanted McGary to replace Ifedi. But of course they traded back again for some late round picks who won't make the team as usual because they suck at drafting. Then McGary goes to Atlanta the very next pick. They could have gotten McGary and DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry back to back. I fucking hate John Schneider so much. He thinks he's smart and he's not. He never takes the obvious guy that fits the Seahawks perfectly at a position of need and that guy goes on to be a stud for someone else. His drafting has been shit since 2012.

DK Metcalf has bust written all over him.
    True statement. Also, His cone drill was the same as Tom Brady's.

My Ole Miss guys are reporting he never trained for it before the Combine and it was a lot better at his Pro Day.

His agility is probably well below average but not historically bad like it looked.

Not a guy I wanted but at least he'll be a force as a deep threat, blocker and on special teams. I doubt he'll ever be more than that though.
    He looks like a force. Hopefully it translates to the pro game. If the Hawks wanted a wr they should have nabbed Harry. LIPO

Also, if he didn't train before pro day, that is a bad sign.
    He's a workout legend. He ran a 4.33 40 and threw up more reps on the bench than anyone on the Seahawks entire OL. The problem isn't his work ethic, the problem is he wasn't training for the agility drills at all.

I'm skeptical he can be more than a go route go with his body that tightly wound but we'll see.
    Hating ass bitch. He has all the potential and talent to be as good as he wants to be. You're just jealous of him like a jealous ass female. Took one look at his shredded physique and immediately hated him and started doubting him. Hater.
    I'm an Ole Miss fan you fucking moron.
    Any yet you still hate him. So jealous.

Are you a UW fan or an Ole Piss fan? Can't be both or else you're just jumping on a bandwagon. Nobody likes a double dipper. Choose one. Leave and go to an Ole Piss board bubba.
    You're an idiot.

I'm a diehard UW fan. Been one much longer than you have as we established two years ago when you didn't know who Greg Lewis was. I live in Ole Miss territory now and follow the local team some because I have plenty of frens down here who are alums.

The point is I've known who DK Metcalf is much longer than you have and unlike you my opinions of him aren't based on a picture with his shirt of. I've actually watched him play football.

I think he can be a great deep threat, blocking receiver and special teams weapon. I'll be surprised if he turns into more than. As the official bored #Rebel and a hardcore #Hook, I hope he's a superstar.
    Don't try to backpedal now. You were shitting on him before for no reason. Nobody knows how anybody will develop. Paul Richardson was a one trick pony deep threat when he got drafted and developed into a complete WR and got paid. So who knows. As I already said, all we need for him to do is catch deep balls and block and he's well worth it for a late 2nd round pick. Not need to shit on him or put any limitations on his future. Just makes you look like a hater. He's a super freak athlete. No reason not to be optimistic he can develop into a great pro.
    You mean because I've seen him play.

Hope this helps.
    So you must have saw him make a lot of big plays with the opportunities that he were given to him because PFF has him rated as the #1 WR in the draft. Did you also see him run a 4.33 at 6'4 230 pounds? Do you have intimate knowledge of how he was used in Ole Miss' offense and how he was coached?

Is he raw? Yes. But you don't know what he will become in the NFL. Absolutely no reason to say he's gonna be a bust. You're a jealous ass hater. Period.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Fuck the Seahawks. I wanted McGary to replace Ifedi. But of course they traded back again for some late round picks who won't make the team as usual because they suck at drafting. Then McGary goes to Atlanta the very next pick. They could have gotten McGary and DK Metcalf or N'Keal Harry back to back. I fucking hate John Schneider so much. He thinks he's smart and he's not. He never takes the obvious guy that fits the Seahawks perfectly at a position of need and that guy goes on to be a stud for someone else. His drafting has been shit since 2012.

My Ole Miss guys are reporting he never trained for it before the Combine and it was a lot better at his Pro Day.

His agility is probably well below average but not historically bad like it looked.

Not a guy I wanted but at least he'll be a force as a deep threat, blocker and on special teams. I doubt he'll ever be more than that though.
    He looks like a force. Hopefully it translates to the pro game. If the Hawks wanted a wr they should have nabbed Harry. LIPO

He's a workout legend. He ran a 4.33 40 and threw up more reps on the bench than anyone on the Seahawks entire OL. The problem isn't his work ethic, the problem is he wasn't training for the agility drills at all.

I'm skeptical he can be more than a go route go with his body that tightly wound but we'll see.
    Hating ass bitch. He has all the potential and talent to be as good as he wants to be. You're just jealous of him like a jealous ass female. Took one look at his shredded physique and immediately hated him and started doubting him. Hater.

Are you a UW fan or an Ole Piss fan? Can't be both or else you're just jumping on a bandwagon. Nobody likes a double dipper. Choose one. Leave and go to an Ole Piss board bubba.
    You're an idiot.

I'm a diehard UW fan. Been one much longer than you have as we established two years ago when you didn't know who Greg Lewis was. I live in Ole Miss territory now and follow the local team some because I have plenty of frens down here who are alums.

The point is I've known who DK Metcalf is much longer than you have and unlike you my opinions of him aren't based on a picture with his shirt of. I've actually watched him play football.

I think he can be a great deep threat, blocking receiver and special teams weapon. I'll be surprised if he turns into more than. As the official bored #Rebel and a hardcore #Hook, I hope he's a superstar.
    Don't try to backpedal now. You were shitting on him before for no reason. Nobody knows how anybody will develop. Paul Richardson was a one trick pony deep threat when he got drafted and developed into a complete WR and got paid. So who knows. As I already said, all we need for him to do is catch deep balls and block and he's well worth it for a late 2nd round pick. Not need to shit on him or put any limitations on his future. Just makes you look like a hater. He's a super freak athlete. No reason not to be optimistic he can develop into a great pro.

Hope this helps.
    So you must have saw him make a lot of big plays with the opportunities that he were given to him because PFF has him rated as the #1 WR in the draft. Did you also see him run a 4.33 at 6'4 230 pounds? Do you have intimate knowledge of how he was used in Ole Miss' offense and how he was coached?

Is he raw? Yes. But you don't know what he will become in the NFL. Absolutely no reason to say he's gonna be a bust. You're a jealous ass hater. Period.
    Jealousy and hater have nothing to do with it. The dude has bust written all over him because he drops a lot of balls and can basically only run one route. Yes, he made some big plays on that one route, and yes Ole Miss's offense is suspect as hell.

Unfortunately for him so is the Seahawks.
  • Options

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

Hope this helps.

Jealousy and hater have nothing to do with it. The dude has bust written all over him because he drops a lot of balls and can basically only run one route. Yes, he made some big plays on that one route, and yes Ole Miss's offense is suspect as hell.

Unfortunately for him so is the Seahawks.
    You're hating. Stop the hate.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

Bump.
    I stand by it. At 64, it’s not too bad if he can make a handful of big plays every year. I don’t really like the pick, but you never know.

Most draft experts had him going mid first round. He’s stiff, known as bad route runner, and has been injured too.
  • Options

Bump.
    I stand by it. At 64, it’s not too bad if he can make a handful of big plays every year. I don’t really like the pick, but you never know.

Most draft experts had him going mid first round. He’s stiff, known as bad route runner, and has been injured too.
    And drops a lot.

There’s a lot to like but a lot to hate too. One of the more unique players I can remember.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,571
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Bump.

And drops a lot.

There’s a lot to like but a lot to hate too. One of the more unique players I can remember.
    Hands of stone.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,571
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    @StrongArmCobra have you sobered up today?
  • Options
    jecornel said:

@StrongArmCobra have you sobered up today?

Never
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,467
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

You shit on 5 star high school recruit Johnny Wilson after running a crazy fast time at his height because you think his game speed in and out of breaks is horrible and demand our wr recruits have the full package.

Then you fellate a guy with 4 extra years of development who is still limited and one dimensional despite being a physical freak.

Is it fair to say you're being a little disingenuous with your critique of Wilson? Why do you have no hope for a 16 year old to get better under a staff proven to produce WR yet are completely sure a guy with sec coaching is going to Kill it for the Hawks?

Only acceptable answer is you have higher standards for Washington than the Seahawks, otherwise fuck off with your homerism and doog WDWHA takes on the recruiting board.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

You shit on 5 star high school recruit Johnny Wilson after running a crazy fast time at his height because you think his game speed in and out of breaks is horrible and demand our wr recruits have the full package.

Then you fellate a guy with 4 extra years of development who is still limited and one dimensional despite being a physical freak.

Is it fair to say you're being a little disingenuous with your critique of Wilson? Why do you have no hope for a 16 year old to get better under a staff proven to produce WR yet are completely sure a guy with sec coaching is going to Kill it for the Hawks?

Only acceptable answer is you have higher standards for Washington than the Seahawks, otherwise fuck off with your homerism and doog WDWHA takes on the recruiting board.
    DK Metcalf is 6'3 230 and runs a 4.33. Wilson will never achieve that level of speed and he's probably going to get slower as he continues to get bigger.

Metcalf isn't just a long speed guy though. He has the quickness off the line of scrimmage and in and out of breaks to be an all around receiver. He just wasn't used that way or developed properly at Ole Miss which is what Schneider and Carroll alluded to when talking about him.

It's a terrible comparison. Metcalf is a legit 5-star talent as a WR. Wilson is more of a 3-star as a WR and maybe a 4-star as a TE if he really busts his ass in the weight room and becomes more physical as he gets stronger. But I don't see him doing that.

If Wilson was rated a 3-star you'd want nothing to do with him. You're in love with his rating as many others are. Everything about him from his tall, lanky body, soft physique, heavy weight, lack of physicality, inability to create separation, and average athleticism screams Brayden Lenius, but you're ignoring that because of his star ranking.
  • Options

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

DK Metcalf is 6'3 230 and runs a 4.33. Wilson will never achieve that level of speed and he's probably going to get slower as he continues to get bigger.

Metcalf isn't just a long speed guy though. He has the quickness off the line of scrimmage and in and out of breaks to be an all around receiver. He just wasn't used that way or developed properly at Ole Miss which is what Schneider and Carroll alluded to when talking about him.

It's a terrible comparison. Metcalf is a legit 5-star talent as a WR. Wilson is more of a 3-star as a WR and maybe a 4-star as a TE if he really busts his ass in the weight room and becomes more physical as he gets stronger. But I don't see him doing that.

If Wilson was rated a 3-star you'd want nothing to do with him. You're in love with his rating as many others are. Everything about him from his tall, lanky body, soft physique, heavy weight, lack of physicality, inability to create separation, and average athleticism screams Brayden Lenius, but you're ignoring that because of his star ranking.
    I know it's well documented but it bears repeating: you are a fucking idiot.
  • Options

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

You and others were saying the same shit when I said Gaskin would be lucky to get drafted. As usual, I'm right on the money and will be proven right in time.
  • Options

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

You and others were saying the same shit when I said Gaskin would be lucky to get drafted. As usual, I'm right on the money and will be proven right in time.
    No we said the same shit when you said Gaskin was worse than Chris Warren and when you said he was worse than Ahmed. Nobody had any illusions that Gaskin was going to be a high pick.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

No we said the same shit when you said Gaskin was worse than Chris Warren and when you said he was worse than Ahmed. Nobody had any illusions that Gaskin was going to be a high pick.
    Now you're trying to twist. You all thought Gaskin was a lock to get drafted and easily a mid-round pick. There's a big difference between going in the 3rd or 4th round and going in the 7th round and being the last RB drafted. Take the L.
  • Options

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

Now you're trying to twist. You all thought Gaskin was a lock to get drafted and easily a mid-round pick. There's a big difference between going in the 3rd or 4th round and going in the 7th round and being the last RB drafted. Take the L.
    Find a single post where I ever suggested he'd go 3rd or 4th round then pop off.

Good luck.
  • Options

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

Find a single post where I ever suggested he'd go 3rd or 4th round then pop off.

Good luck.
    Don't need to. You were on that bandwagon. It was me against the board and I won. The L is yours.
  • Options

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

Good luck.
    Don't need to. You were on that bandwagon. It was me against the board and I won. The L is yours.
    You can't just manufacture a fake bandwagon and say you beat it.

That's called a straw man.

Find a post to back up your lies or STFU.
  • Options

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

Good luck.

Lol everybody already knows I won. I'm not doing fucking board research to prove it. Take the L.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Doogles said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

You're an idiot.

Good luck.

Lol everybody already knows I won. I'm not doing fucking board research to prove it. Take the L.
    You said Gaskin would be drafted lower than Warren.

You lost.

hth