Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden launches his campaign with a lie

12346»

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

As I predicted 6 months ago one of themes the Rats were going to use against Trump was that he was a racist and they were going to use Charlottesville in order to make their case. Claiming Trump was calling neo-Nazis ""fine people" is a lie. Trump was specifically talking about the the people who were protesting against the removal of all Confederate statues and the "fine people on both sides" referred to people on both sides of that issues.

But like the left's charge that Trump called all Mexicans rapists, this is another left-wing lie that's been repeated so many times it's now become an article of faith with the MSM/Rat party.

Trump was seemingly talking about the statue protesters, not necessarily the hooligan crowd... but ultimately the big difference is that one side of this is 1) approve of slavery, basically and racism, and 2) you don't approve. THAT is the main issue. On that count, in general, Biden is right. Trump makes a specious argument that the Founders had slaves too. But, they didn't fight years later to persist the practice of slavery as the South did, and then -- after losing -- erect statues of the main perpetrators of slavery persistence. But even more so, accusing somebody of a lie is not appropriate unless it is so disingenuous as to be patently false. Example: Trump's claim that the GOP "won the Senate 53-47." That makes it sound like 53 senator were voted in, but the reality is that only a handful of GOP senators were voted in since they only stand for reelection every 6 years.
    That's pompous bullshit.

Will Cain had a solid take on this today on his show. The newest 'progressive' movement is 'cancel' history -don't like it, cancel it, wipe it off the face of existence. Ultimately, you too, will be cancelled because your beliefs or history offends someone in the future.

Because someone recognizes history exists, does not mean they condone the actions or beliefs of the times.

Taking down a statue doesn't = cancelling history.
    Taking them all down....yeah, it does.

How about the Pyramids? Those nasty Egyptians used slaves there....knock those motherfuckers down too!!!

MLK Jr had pretty well known views on homosexuality. Change all the street names.
    What is so sacred about a bunch of statues erected decades after the Civil War to somehow celebrate the people who fought to preserve slavery and destroy the Union?
    Should we take down the statues of Washington and Jefferson? Btw, shouldn't we be changing the name of the state you live in? Honoring a racist slave holder, you would live in such a state.
    I see my question was too difficult.
    Also the strawman police just killed a couple strawmen in his response.
    Want to see a Kunt dance? How is my question a strawman dumbfuck.
    Your eyes are as good as mine.

Strawman
    Description: Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument.
    I didn't ascribe to him any position or argument I just asked him some questions. For a guy who fucks as much strawman ass as you do Hondo you should really learn the correct definition of the term.
    You seriously are the most unaware dude I've ever met. And remember who is saying that.
    Hondo's white flag.

I asked him questions and I didn't claim my questions were his argument. Seriously, your dick never leaves the strawman's ass. You should really try and find out more about who you ass fuck Hondo.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

As I predicted 6 months ago one of themes the Rats were going to use against Trump was that he was a racist and they were going to use Charlottesville in order to make their case. Claiming Trump was calling neo-Nazis ""fine people" is a lie. Trump was specifically talking about the the people who were protesting against the removal of all Confederate statues and the "fine people on both sides" referred to people on both sides of that issues.

But like the left's charge that Trump called all Mexicans rapists, this is another left-wing lie that's been repeated so many times it's now become an article of faith with the MSM/Rat party.

Trump was seemingly talking about the statue protesters, not necessarily the hooligan crowd... but ultimately the big difference is that one side of this is 1) approve of slavery, basically and racism, and 2) you don't approve. THAT is the main issue. On that count, in general, Biden is right. Trump makes a specious argument that the Founders had slaves too. But, they didn't fight years later to persist the practice of slavery as the South did, and then -- after losing -- erect statues of the main perpetrators of slavery persistence. But even more so, accusing somebody of a lie is not appropriate unless it is so disingenuous as to be patently false. Example: Trump's claim that the GOP "won the Senate 53-47." That makes it sound like 53 senator were voted in, but the reality is that only a handful of GOP senators were voted in since they only stand for reelection every 6 years.
    That's pompous bullshit.

Will Cain had a solid take on this today on his show. The newest 'progressive' movement is 'cancel' history -don't like it, cancel it, wipe it off the face of existence. Ultimately, you too, will be cancelled because your beliefs or history offends someone in the future.

Because someone recognizes history exists, does not mean they condone the actions or beliefs of the times.

How about the Pyramids? Those nasty Egyptians used slaves there....knock those motherfuckers down too!!!

throbber gets his history from statues and then strawman ass fucks the Egyptians.

csb
    Not really.

The absurdity of wiping things out to get them out of the public view is insane. Where does that line of thinking stop? Not mine, or yours to answer.

Keep them up -let people have discussion and ask questions and understand the context of why they are there in the first place. This isn't a strong benefit of leaving up statues aggrandizing oppression, IMO.

Instead it's some grand gesture to show how proper the current mindset is. When stuff like the statues are gone, they are gone. Really? I thought they were still there but hidden by an invisibility charm
    I don't get why white males get so triggered about statues of other white males are taken down. Seems very snowflaky.

Kate Smith isn't a white male. Is @IrishDawg22 your source?

And that 'not mine or yours to answer' is weak tit. Whose is it then? Who is the arbiter of history and historical context? AOC? Hilary? Nancy Fucking Pelosi? Who???? "The State"? The people.

Nobody is 'aggrandizing' anything except their own egos and feelers for the moment. This doesn't even make sense.

Throbberflake is upset that statues of racists and slave owners are being taken down because he won't otherwise be able to teach his kids about slavery, bigots and the Civil War. Sad!

Stick to cleavage.

And that's now the standard go-to when The Throbber upsets the progressive..."stick to boobs'. A nice little derivation on the standard leftist 'you just don't understand". APAG tried to ride that pony for a while but it doesn't work.

I'm damned good at boobs, no doubt.

Answer the question - WHO is the arbiter of what is offensive and what is not and what gets taken down and cancelled? "The People" - how nice. You gonna Facebook poll that?

And when "The People" don't agree with the offended party - how's that work?

Don’t use Facebook. Axe Damone to run your pole.

ThrobberFlake upset his heroes statues are being taken down. Sad. What are you going to do about it?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

That's pompous bullshit.

MLK Jr had pretty well known views on homosexuality. Change all the street names.
    What is so sacred about a bunch of statues erected decades after the Civil War to somehow celebrate the people who fought to preserve slavery and destroy the Union?
    It was important to the people in the time & place the statues were erected. The statues remained important to some, a minority perhaps to be fair, to this day.

We must never judge the value systems of minority populations, that’s just what I’m hearing.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,201
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

That's pompous bullshit.

It was important to the people in the time & place the statues were erected. The statues remained important to some, a minority perhaps to be fair, to this day.

We must never judge the value systems of minority populations, that’s just what I’m hearing.
    Some of us are less nostalgic about the Confederacy than Southern whites were in the Jim Crow era, I guess.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

That's pompous bullshit.

Some of us are less nostalgic about the Confederacy than Southern whites were in the Jim Crow era, I guess.
    I’m #WithYou, but to each their own.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    There’s minorities you choose, and some you don’t.