Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We had 10 blocks wtf. Jaden had 5 i think. Monster. #1 pick...

No way he's going ahead of Wiseman. Cole Anthony is getting a lot of love right now but I think that will fade some. Anthony Edwards will stay towards the top.

LaMelo is a wild card.

Then you've got Stewart and McDaniels.

And that's before you get to any international kids.

It's a pretty loaded draft.

McDaniels could go as low as 8 or 9. He's an absolute steal anywhere past 3.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Wiseman’s played the sisters of the poor. The knock on him is when he plays another big guy that can bang and play he goes into a shell.

Jaden has the highest ceiling in his class. He’s a 6”10 2 guard that can block shots and rebound like a big.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Wiseman’s played the sisters of the poor. The knock on him is when he plays another big guy that can bang and play he goes into a shell.

Jaden has the highest ceiling in his class. He’s a 6”10 2 guard that can block shots and rebound like a big.

The thing about Jaden is that everyone wants to compare tall skinny scorers to Kevin Durant and that's bullshit.

But Jaden is very similar to Kevin Durant
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

The thing about Jaden is that everyone wants to compare tall skinny scorers to Kevin Durant and that's bullshit.

But Jaden is very similar to Kevin Durant
    Yes. I downplayed that comparison because it’s made every year or two, but when he went behind the back and hit up a jumper over a Baylor player, it looked like a young KD.

I’m curious to how Jaden will shoot this year at UW. Obviously he has the potential to be a good shooter, but is he a good shooter right now? Can he hit 35+% from 3 while taking 4-6 per game? I saw the in the EYBL he shot 29% from three, so I’m going to guess no, he won’t shoot 35+% on high volume, but if he does, I see no reason why he couldn’t be an All American.

I think I agree with Fudgepack that McDaniels has the most potential. It’s only been one game, but he was better than I thought he would be.

The most valuable player in the NBA is a two way wing. LeBron, KD, Kawaii, Giannis (more of a skilled big but still). He’s a baby faced 6’9” wing that is extremely skilled for his height. He’s only going to get better as he fills out.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

We had 10 blocks wtf. Jaden had 5 i think. Monster. #1 pick...

No way he's going ahead of Wiseman. Cole Anthony is getting a lot of love right now but I think that will fade some. Anthony Edwards will stay towards the top.

LaMelo is a wild card.

Then you've got Stewart and McDaniels.

And that's before you get to any international kids.

It's a pretty loaded draft.

McDaniels could go as low as 8 or 9. He's an absolute steal anywhere past 3.
    The most recent mock draft I looked at has Jaden at 9 and Stewart at 10. I agree, 9 would be an absolute steal, I can see him going anywhere from 3-9 in this draft. Really just depends on who is willing to pick him up in order to fit their needs at this point simply due to how stacked this draft is.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    I can see McDaniels getting pretty good, but I question whether he will ever be really good in the NBA. He will be picked high, but that’s because scouts will drool over what he could be, even tho it’s likely he won’t ever get there. He’s a better shooter than he’s shown, but he’s not really a good shooter.
    Jaden gets whatever he wants. He’s just not finishing plays right now. I’m not worried.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Jaden gets whatever he wants. He’s just not finishing plays right now. I’m not worried.

You sound like Kim Grinolds with his apologist "these guys are really good, there was just a lid on the basket tonight and you cant help when that happens"
    He sucks at shooting until he doesnt. I'm hoping he doesnt starting tonight

You sound like Kim Grinolds with his apologist "these guys are really good, there was just a lid on the basket tonight and you cant help when that happens"
    He sucks at shooting until he doesnt. I'm hoping he doesnt starting tonight
    You are retarded. He’s a good shooter he’ll start hitting shots. He took over the Baylor game. Relax he’s a top 5 talent.
  • KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    We have probably 2-3 players leaving next year and possibly more with transfers. We currently have no one coming in. Are we going to be going for grad transfers?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We have probably 2-3 players leaving next year and possibly more with transfers. We currently have no one coming in. Are we going to be going for grad transfers?

Riley Sorn might get a scholarship next year. And I think Naz will stay one more year so we'll only lose 2 to the draft.
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think we'll end up getting a reclass guy for next season...
    dnc said:
    6”11 bigs with a clip don’t grow on trees.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:
    6”11 bigs with a clip don’t grow on trees.
    As with Jaden McDaniels, 6'9", not 6'11"
This discussion has been closed.