Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Xavier Carlton, 2020 4* DL, Modesto (Modesto Christian), CA (Offered - 4/11/19)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Our only hope for a DL this class is if Princely doesn’t sign during ESD.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm running out of things to drink.
  • Options

I'm running out of things to drink.

Me too
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Maybe Malloe should have started recruiting before late November this cycle. I know we took like 6 guys last year but I hate taking 0 recruits at any position. Our last chance appears to be Princely Unmanlyman (longshot) unless we want to offer this year's version of Bryce Sterk
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    Mallo on a hot seat
  • Options

Maybe Malloe should have started recruiting before late November this cycle. I know we took like 6 guys last year but I hate taking 0 recruits at any position. Our last chance appears to be Princely Unmanlyman (longshot) unless we want to offer this year's version of Bryce Sterk

You guys are retarded. Blame pete for not going after Princely and Van while they were committed to UT. They’re were no good DL out west. Hardly his fault.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2019
    Serious question because I am too lazy to figure it out but I know someone will just know. We took a fucking pile of great DLs last year. Did we split them up by playing some/half/whatever and then red shirting a chunk of them as well? I always hate skipping a position group for a class, but if we spaced last years class well it at least takes some of the sting out of it. Still sucks.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    DL out west has been terrible the last couple years besides a few guys.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Serious question because I am too lazy to figure it out but I know someone will just know. We took a fucking pile of great DLs last year. Did we split them up by playing some/half/whatever and then red shirting a chunk of them as well? I always hate skipping a position group for a class, but if we spaced last years class well it at least takes some of the sting out of it. Still sucks.

I don't think this matters as much as it normally would as far as class balancing. The '19 class was full of guys who are SO good that at least one is bound to leave early. I would be shocked if more than half of them become five year players. So you could really think of that class as one-to-three guys who are redshirt freshmen and one-to-three guys who are true sophomores that didn't play their first year.

Which sort of fills in the gap by missing this season. It does make '21 an absolutely critical class to get three or four really good players so that there's not another hole down the road like this year.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Nah we redshirted them all. But hopefully we can do that with the '21 class where there is at least one guy (please god) that would not redshirt. That would help with balancing the numbers.
    Get JTT, Korey Foreman, Voi, Marcus Burris/TunmiseAdeyele, and Victory Vaka nothing else matters
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Nah we redshirted them all. But hopefully we can do that with the '21 class where there is at least one guy (please god) that would not redshirt. That would help with balancing the numbers.
    Get JTT, Korey Foreman, Voi, Marcus Burris/TunmiseAdeyele, and Victory Vaka nothing else matters
    Kiss of death.
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

Swaye said:

Kiss of death.
    Hey fuck you I didn’t call it!
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Sounds like Jimmy needs to stop by Tommy Bahama
  • Options

Swaye said:

Sounds like Jimmy needs to stop by Tommy Bahama
    And the gucci/balcengia store