Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Love the offer. He reminds me of the DeForrest Buckner/Arik Armstead type. He would be unblockable and dominate in our scheme.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just speculating... but multiple new DL offers out today gets me thinking that the coaches are really liking what they’re seeing out of Levi during spring practices. I think they realize there’s a good chance he’ll make the leap and then go pro after this season
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Definitely feel like after getting some guys in a similar sort of mold the last 2 classes, they'd like to get a totally new body type to mix into the rotation. Love this guy's game.
  • GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Just speculating... but multiple new DL offers out today gets me thinking that the coaches are really liking what they’re seeing out of Levi during spring practices. I think they realize there’s a good chance he’ll make the leap and then go pro after this season

This is the worst logic ever. Levi’s status has nothing to do with this offer. You’re saying that this dude as a true freshman is the hypothetical replacement for a redshirt senior Levi. That’s not how it works.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

No, this is a replacement for Smalls going to Oregon.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

NEsnake12 said:

No, this is a replacement for Smalls going to Oregon.
    Clearly it’s the “Oh shit, we’re gonna have no black DL next year”
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,783
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    His shuttle sucks
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

His shuttle sucks

He was a sophomore when those we're taken. I don't really put much stock in combine results until the spring after junior season, he'll be at the Vegas Regional in May.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    GOAT said:

NEsnake12 said:

This is the worst logic ever. Levi’s status has nothing to do with this offer. You’re saying that this dude as a true freshman is the hypothetical replacement for a redshirt senior Levi. That’s not how it works.
    It opens up an extra scholarship that they may not have been anticipating
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Fucking finally. He's never coming here, but at least we're shooting out shot.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He looks like Michael Sam.

I won't believe it until @allpurpleallgold confirms it
  • proofproof Member Posts: 278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This is the guy you want to replace the spot vacated by Mosiah. Please god Malloe work your Utah magic.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    proof said:

This is the guy you want to replace the spot vacated by Mosiah. Please god Malloe work your Utah magic.

Why does everyone think they're going to replace Liu's spot with someone two years behind him? I hope we get Carlton but I don't think it will have much if anything to do with Liu if we get him.
  • proofproof Member Posts: 278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

proof said:

Why does everyone think they're going to replace Liu's spot with someone two years behind him? I hope we get Carlton but I don't think it will have much if anything to do with Liu if we get him.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. More of response to a post saying taking McDonald was a replacement for Mosiah.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    proof said:

dnc said:

proof said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. More of response to a post saying taking McDonald was a replacement for Mosiah.
    Which also makes no sense.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,459
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

When people bitch and moan about recruiting Texas, they forget we recruited him from there. Four star with a lot of offers.

It proves we can do it, and him and Fuller having big final years will help. If Fuller improves going into his Senior year as much as he did from Soph to Junior, he could get drafted. Curne could be a player down the road, and maybe this is the year Rice gets minutes.

If we get 2 recruits out of Texas each cycle, with 1 being a 4 star, im okay with it so long as the become contributors.

LIFPO overall but Levi being this good is encouraging and will help our image down there