Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Xavier Carlton, 2020 4* DL, Modesto (Modesto Christian), CA (Offered - 4/11/19)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Cuz he has a hs team camp lol

All month?
    Dead period again after this wknd.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So why couldn’t he visit in July as planned?

Kids that want to be at UW make up excuses to get on campus.

Kids that don’t make up excuses not to get on campus.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

Just because he can't make it doesn't mean "he's making up and excuse". Some kids have team stuff they need to do. Some can't afford to take a lot of out-of-state unofficial visits. You don't know. He certainly hasn't been visiting a lot of schools this Summer. Nobody knows what teams he's really interested in because he's been so quite. Looks like he's pushing his recruiting back to the fall and worrying about himself as a player and his team right now.
  • Options

Just because he can't make it doesn't mean "he's making up and excuse". Some kids have team stuff they need to do. Some can't afford to take a lot of out-of-state unofficial visits. You don't know. He certainly hasn't been visiting a lot of schools this Summer. Nobody knows what teams he's really interested in because he's been so quite. Looks like he's pushing his recruiting back to the fall and worrying about himself as a player and his team right now.
    Yes there could be lots of legitimate reasons but it’s clearly a negative indicator for UW.

Doesn’t mean there is no chance but whatever your prior estimate was you should revise slightly downward based on this new information.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Yes there could be lots of legitimate reasons but it’s clearly a negative indicator for UW.

Doesn’t mean there is no chance but whatever your prior estimate was you should revise slightly downward based on this new information.
    What are you talking about? How is it a negative indicator? He's an OKG. OKG's that make commitments to their current team keep those commitments instead of being selfish and canceling them for their college recruitment shit they can deal with outside of time reserved for team shit. For all you know, Petersen could have encouraged him not to come and focus on his team stuff. UW will get an official visit.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited July 2019
    Him not taking an unofficial in the spring or summer along with not visiting when was tentatively planned. Combine that with the fact that he has made the time to visit other schools and it's clearly bad for us.

He's prioritizing other schools, even if we get back into it and draw an official we'll be starting at a huge disadvantage.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

Him not taking an unofficial in the spring or summer along with not visiting when was tentatively planned. Combine that with the fact that he has made the time to visit other schools and it's clearly bad for us.

He's prioritizing other schools, even if we get back into it and draw an official we'll be starting at a huge disadvantage.

What are you talking about? How is it a negative indicator? He's an OKG. OKG's that make commitments to their current team keep those commitments instead of being selfish and canceling them for their college recruitment shit they can deal with outside of time reserved for team shit. For all you know, Petersen could have encouraged him not to come and focus on his team stuff. UW will get an official visit.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

dhdawg said:

Do some damn research... a quick look at his twitter and he hasn’t visited any other schools. In fact that was never the original plan either cause his family has been moving to Utah, this is from May...

https://247sports.com/Article/Four-star-DE-Xavier-Carlton-talks-about-family-move-to-Utah-131722055/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

the fact he even considered taking this July visit after we offered shows there is interest.

“Carlton said because of the move, while recruiting hasn't slowed down, with coaches continuing to reach out, coaches expected to see him during the remaining weeks of the spring evaluation period, he's had to slow some things down on his own end.

"I'm personally slowing the process down," said Carlton. "I'm going to continue to focus myself on getting better my senior year, both academically and athletically. There are so many things changing for me, a new environment, a new school and a new system, so the focus is on the here and now."

The move has also slowed down Carlton's time table- the move won't allow him to take any officials this spring or summer, so he'll wait until the fall.

"I’ll take my five official visits after the season," said Carlton. "The objective is to hold off on any decisions until after the season. The focus right now is on being successful, experience growth and put together a plan. At the end of the year, we'll make a decision. But I'll take my five visits and these coaches have been awesome about my timeline."”

• Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    Domicillo said:

dhdawg said:

Do some damn research... a quick look at his twitter and he hasn’t visited any other schools. In

“Carlton said because of the move, while recruiting hasn't slowed down, with coaches continuing to reach out, coaches expected to see him during the remaining weeks of the spring evaluation period, he's had to slow some things down on his own end.

"I'm personally slowing the process down," said Carlton. "I'm going to continue to focus myself on getting better my senior year, both academically and athletically. There are so many things changing for me, a new environment, a new school and a new system, so the focus is on the here and now."

The move has also slowed down Carlton's time table- the move won't allow him to take any officials this spring or summer, so he'll wait until the fall.

"I’ll take my five official visits after the season," said Carlton. "The objective is to hold off on any decisions until after the season. The focus right now is on being successful, experience growth and put together a plan. At the end of the year, we'll make a decision. But I'll take my five visits and these coaches have been awesome about my timeline."”
    He sounds like the quintessential Peterson recruit. I really really like our chances on this one.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Domicillo said:

dhdawg said:

Do some damn research... a quick look at his twitter and he hasn’t visited any other schools. In fact that was never the original plan either cause his family has been moving to Utah, this is from May...

https://247sports.com/Article/Four-star-DE-Xavier-Carlton-talks-about-family-move-to-Utah-131722055/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

the fact he even considered taking this July visit after we offered shows there is interest.

Fucking thank you. People just wanna jump to conclusions. He hasn't visited anybody yet and it will likely come down to UW, Utah (He's a Utah legacy), and Notre Dame. I like our chances.
  • Options
    What conclusion did I jump to?

All I said was that not making it up for an unofficial like he planned is a piece of evidence that is negative for UW.

Learn some fucking logic you over-emotional dick pussy.
  • Options

All I said was that not making it up for an unofficial like he planned is a piece of evidence that is negative for UW.

Wow you are more retarded than I thought
  • Options
    edited July 2019

It's not negative. Btb told you he has a team camp to go to this weekend. Obviously he was trying to get a UW visit in before the season starts when he hasn't visited other schools except maybe Utah. That tells me he's highly interested in UW and we're his top out-of-state school right now and maybe top school overall.
  • Options

It's not negative. Btb told you he has a team camp to go to this weekend. Obviously he was trying to get a UW visit in before the season starts when he hasn't visited other schools except maybe Utah. That tells me he's highly interested in UW and we're his top out-of-state school right now and maybe top school overall.
    Would you feel better about UW's chances if he had made it up this summer?

Check one:

-Yes
    -No
  • Options

Check one:

-Yes
    -No
    No, not getting the last visit
  • Options

Check one:

-Yes
    -No
    No, not getting the last visit

"Wow you are more retarded than I thought

• Options

Check one:

-Yes
    -No
    No, I think he's coming here regardless.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Chin for dick pussy but fuck-offed for out-Ballzing Ballz by refusing to take the L on this one. So I'm calling it a draw.