Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roger Rosengarten, 2020 4* OL, Littleton (Valor Christian), CO (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:
    Lol, Herbert had all day to throw against a consistent 5 man rush. He was sacked once on a stunt by Fields and the OL gave up one negative rushing play. Capra was the culprit and he transferred out to SDSU. Also, Oregon was down Sewell, Jones got injured in the game, and Warmack wasn't a go. That game was on Herbert, the receivers and special team gaffes. Also, that might have been the worst play calling I've seen in a decade. Those are my two biggest concerns: Herbert's mental fortitude and Arroyo play calling.
    What the fuck are you watching? Arizona stuffed the fuck out of your running game with an undersized D-line. Almost every time Herbert dropped back to pass he was under pressure and had to move off his spot or get rid of the ball just in time before getting sacked. He got hit at least half a dozen times after throwing the ball. He was under pressure and threw picks and inaccurate passes because of it. Pretty funny Cristobal kept him in the whole game to try to make the score more respectable and Herbert got smacked trying to run it in at the end.
    Arizona was credited with 1 sack and zero hurries. Every time he was moved off his spot he had time to reset. Arizona moves him off his spot by blitzing on every play - they sent 5 on every play until the 4th qtr. He had a lot of clean pockets and when he didn’t he was able to side step pressure easily. The times he took a qb hit were stick routes. Herbert played his worst game.

Justin played constipated, the play calling was unimaginative and the wide receivers couldn’t beat man coverage. The oline had three of the top grades on offense. It was not the oline play that lost that game. That is backed up with stats and people that grade for a living.

Pass pro was actually good and run blocking adequate (RBs left a lot on the table). Likewise, 23 carries wasn’t going to give them the reps or rhythm to assert themselves. Were they dominate? No. Were they the problem. Absolutely not.

I just watched the fucking game earlier today. I don't give a fuck what stats were recorded or not recorded in terms of QB hurries. Sometimes those stats are not recorded. I know what the fuck I saw. Arizona was in your back field all fucking game and getting pressure on Herbert all game and knocking him to the ground. The two picks he threw were under pressure.

All I hear is fucking excuses. They got their asses absolutely smacked by Arizona. The Arizona players were clowning them all game. I loved that little pose one of them did in the end zone. That was hilarious. I don't give a fuck about "O-line grades". Film don't lie. Oregon could not run the ball and they gave up pressure all fucking game long and Herbert shit himself. Oregon ran for 3.7 yards per carry and passed for 3.9 yards per pass. That's fucking pathetic. Your O-line is just not that good. You're seriously trying to argue it wasn't the O-line's fault they got blown out 44-15 and only averaged 3.7 yards per carry. I think Cristobal would disagree.
    Yes, that’s exactly what I am arguing. The yardage was pathetic. The reason wasn’t the OL. It’s really not that difficult of a concept.

Oregon stepped all over their dicks in that game...busted coverages, fumbles, ints, and terrible special teams.

Dude, Herbert threw one int. Get it straight. He was outside the pocket and there was no pressure and he under threw the ball into double coverage.

The skill play was atrocious save a couple good plays by Mitchell (he was inconsistent). Arroyo called stick routes, go routes and screen passes. No flare routes or passes in the flats until the 4 the qtr to throw behind the blitzing outside linebackers.

Also, the advantage of size on the OL comes in the 4th quarter when you’ve worn down the smaller dline. Misfiring on stick routes on 3rd and short in the first half gave the offense no rhythm or opportunity to wear down Zona.

That being said there was still some awful ball carrier vision and yards were left on the field.

You are a fucking retard. Oregon tried to run the ball and couldn't. That is on their O-line. You want to blame everybody except the fucking O-line for not being able to run the ball against Arizona and it makes no fucking sense. Everything is a fucking excuse to avoid admitting your O-line isn't nearly as good as they are being hyped up to be. And it's not just one game. It was the same against WSU and Utah and Michigan State.

Versus UW: 3.6 yards per rush
    Versus Arizona: 3.7 yards per rush
    Versus Utah: 3.7 yards per rush
    Versus WSU: 2.4 yards per rush
    Versus Michigan State: 1.4 yards per rush

I thought Cristobal was an O-line guru? I thought he wanted to run the ball down team's throats and teach the Pac-12 what big boy football is all about? I thought Oregon was SEC of the West. What the fuck is this shit? Oregon did not run the ball on anybody impressive all of last season. Where the fuck is this bullshit hype coming from that Oregon has an elite O-line? They haven't done shit. It's just based off of returning experience. Fucking run the ball down somebody's throat then you can talk. Auburn's D-line is going to smack them.

Herbert threw that pick because he was flushed out of pocket and threw the ball late. Why was he flushed out of the pocket? Because of pressure you dumb ass.
    Ballz - if Rosengarten chooses Oregon will you be going to Hawaii for a week?
    No, but I might be too busy working to post for a while.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Aids is strong in this thread

I’d really like to burn this one down. Anyone here really good at burning shit to the ground?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:
    Lol, Herbert had all day to throw against a consistent 5 man rush. He was sacked once on a stunt by Fields and the OL gave up one negative rushing play. Capra was the culprit and he transferred out to SDSU. Also, Oregon was down Sewell, Jones got injured in the game, and Warmack wasn't a go. That game was on Herbert, the receivers and special team gaffes. Also, that might have been the worst play calling I've seen in a decade. Those are my two biggest concerns: Herbert's mental fortitude and Arroyo play calling.
    What the fuck are you watching? Arizona stuffed the fuck out of your running game with an undersized D-line. Almost every time Herbert dropped back to pass he was under pressure and had to move off his spot or get rid of the ball just in time before getting sacked. He got hit at least half a dozen times after throwing the ball. He was under pressure and threw picks and inaccurate passes because of it. Pretty funny Cristobal kept him in the whole game to try to make the score more respectable and Herbert got smacked trying to run it in at the end.
    Arizona was credited with 1 sack and zero hurries. Every time he was moved off his spot he had time to reset. Arizona moves him off his spot by blitzing on every play - they sent 5 on every play until the 4th qtr. He had a lot of clean pockets and when he didn’t he was able to side step pressure easily. The times he took a qb hit were stick routes. Herbert played his worst game.

Justin played constipated, the play calling was unimaginative and the wide receivers couldn’t beat man coverage. The oline had three of the top grades on offense. It was not the oline play that lost that game. That is backed up with stats and people that grade for a living.

Pass pro was actually good and run blocking adequate (RBs left a lot on the table). Likewise, 23 carries wasn’t going to give them the reps or rhythm to assert themselves. Were they dominate? No. Were they the problem. Absolutely not.

I just watched the fucking game earlier today. I don't give a fuck what stats were recorded or not recorded in terms of QB hurries. Sometimes those stats are not recorded. I know what the fuck I saw. Arizona was in your back field all fucking game and getting pressure on Herbert all game and knocking him to the ground. The two picks he threw were under pressure.

All I hear is fucking excuses. They got their asses absolutely smacked by Arizona. The Arizona players were clowning them all game. I loved that little pose one of them did in the end zone. That was hilarious. I don't give a fuck about "O-line grades". Film don't lie. Oregon could not run the ball and they gave up pressure all fucking game long and Herbert shit himself. Oregon ran for 3.7 yards per carry and passed for 3.9 yards per pass. That's fucking pathetic. Your O-line is just not that good. You're seriously trying to argue it wasn't the O-line's fault they got blown out 44-15 and only averaged 3.7 yards per carry. I think Cristobal would disagree.
    Yes, that’s exactly what I am arguing. The yardage was pathetic. The reason wasn’t the OL. It’s really not that difficult of a concept.

Oregon stepped all over their dicks in that game...busted coverages, fumbles, ints, and terrible special teams.

Dude, Herbert threw one int. Get it straight. He was outside the pocket and there was no pressure and he under threw the ball into double coverage.

The skill play was atrocious save a couple good plays by Mitchell (he was inconsistent). Arroyo called stick routes, go routes and screen passes. No flare routes or passes in the flats until the 4 the qtr to throw behind the blitzing outside linebackers.

Also, the advantage of size on the OL comes in the 4th quarter when you’ve worn down the smaller dline. Misfiring on stick routes on 3rd and short in the first half gave the offense no rhythm or opportunity to wear down Zona.

That being said there was still some awful ball carrier vision and yards were left on the field.

You are a fucking retard. Oregon tried to run the ball and couldn't. That is on their O-line. You want to blame everybody except the fucking O-line for not being able to run the ball against Arizona and it makes no fucking sense. Everything is a fucking excuse to avoid admitting your O-line isn't nearly as good as they are being hyped up to be. And it's not just one game. It was the same against WSU and Utah and Michigan State.

I thought Cristobal was an O-line guru? I thought he wanted to run the ball down team's throats and teach the Pac-12 what big boy football is all about? I thought Oregon was SEC of the West. What the fuck is this shit? Oregon did not run the ball on anybody impressive all of last season. Where the fuck is this bullshit hype coming from that Oregon has an elite O-line? They haven't done shit. It's just based off of returning experience. Fucking run the ball down somebody's throat then you can talk. Auburn's D-line is going to smack them.

Herbert threw that pick because he was flushed out of pocket and threw the ball late. Why was he flushed out of the pocket? Because of pressure you dumb ass.
    Ballz - if Rosengarten chooses Oregon will you be going to Hawaii for a week?
    No, but I might be too busy working to post for a while.
    I’m disappointed
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

If you want to measure pass pro by a qb getting moved off his spot, what does that say about UW’s pass pro? However, I am sure you’re going to say Browning held onto the ball too long, amirite?

Also, Oregon was getting 3-4 yards a carry in the first half. It’s not like it was they were stuffed at the LOS and broke off a big play.

Lastly, Oregon couldn’t beat man when Zona sent 5 - 6 people every play. The oline can beat their man and play their assignment but if a WR can’t make the defense pay for playing a man blitz scheme, I am not sure how you blame the oline.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

If you want to measure pass pro by a qb getting moved off his spot, what does that say about UW’s pass pro? However, I am sure you’re going to say Browning held onto the ball too long, amirite?

Also, Oregon was getting 3-4 yards a carry in the first half. It’s not like it was they were stuffed at the LOS and broke off a big play.

Lastly, Oregon couldn’t beat man when Zona sent 5 - 6 people every play. The oline can beat their man and play their assignment but if a WR can’t make the defense pay for playing a man blitz scheme, I am not sure how you blame the oline.

Nobody here is claiming UW has an elite O-line. They're good and one of the better O-lines in the conference, but they have not become dominant yet. You look at Oregon boards and they're all jizzing on themselves about Oregon's O-line.

I just gave you literally half of Oregon's season of mediocre rushing numbers and you're still in denial. You are the dumbest fucking quook I've ever seen. Straight up @Mosster47 level retarded.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

Nobody here is claiming UW has an elite O-line. They're good and one of the better O-lines in the conference, but they have not become dominant yet. You look at Oregon boards and they're all jizzing on themselves about Oregon's O-line.

I just gave you literally half of Oregon's season of mediocre rushing numbers and you're still in denial. You are the dumbest fucking quook I've ever seen. Straight up @Mosster47 level retarded.
    I never said they’re dominant. You said they were dominated. You’re always changing the goal posts.

Also, back to Rosengarten, sounds like he may be more comfortable in a smaller city.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Re: Ivan

Buckle up 12s...

It’s not as big a deal in the NFL because they are on their own most of the offseason with personal trainers and shit.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

I never said they’re dominant. You said they were dominated. You’re always changing the goal posts.

Also, back to Rosengarten, sounds like he may be more comfortable in a smaller city.
    You fucking idiot. He’s from Littleton which is like to Denver as Bellevue/Issaquah is to Seattle. He’s a city boy.

Also Kaleb McGary exists.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

Changing subjects, according to Oregon Live, you guys are 2 over the limit. Who else is Cristobal going to boot?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

Changing subjects, according to Oregon Live, you guys are 2 over the limit. Who else is Cristobal going to boot?
    They want Mase Funa to take an LDS mission when he has no interest in doing so lol. I'm calling it now. Funa transfer portals to SC.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

They want Mase Funa to take an LDS mission when he has no interest in doing so lol. I'm calling it now. Funa transfer portals to SC.

Right. Shear hit the transfer portal. I think Poutasi will be the other.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

You questioned UW's pass pro. I responded by saying nobody here thinks UW's O-line is elite yet. It has to be proven. However, UW has had more All-Conference offensive lineman the past three years than any other school in the conference. So there's that. You're so dumb.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don't know about the smaller city thing. The UW campus is kind of set apart, even if it is technically in a larger city. But you have the benefit of being able to head into Seattle if you want to.

I feel better having learned that his coach is Ed McCaffrey. Does that make any sense? I feel like having an ex-pro is good for us, that he's more likely to hold Petersen in a high regard. Maybe I'm just rationalizing and making shit up. Maybe he'll be singing Cristobal's praises as an OL coach. Who knows?

I've decided I like him, even if his hudl tape showed way too much DT film. He certainly shows an aggressiveness I like. Wish Wattenberg looked for work like this guy does.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Per Ektard, Oregon crushed the visit and UW has a lot of ground to make up.

This weekend is critical.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,399
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Per Ektard, Oregon crushed the visit and UW has a lot of ground to make up.

This weekend is critical.

Not worried. SAC gives O a 0% chance. I ride with SAC.