Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Confirmed - its an emergency

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

salemcoog said:

“DHS reports that the Border Patrol is apprehending illegal immigrants at the highest rate since 2007”

How far do these numbers go back and where can I see them? This rules out the current rate as unprecedented, but I want to see the entire data set.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2019-Mar/bp-southwest-border-sector-apps-fy1960-fy2018.pdf

It's mostly bullshit. All they've done is taken the 70k February number and prorated for the entire year.

2018's apprehensions are 35% of what we saw in 2007. Same goes for the rest of the decade.

It's Fox scaring old white guys.
    CNN and NY Times have the same numbers but still I'm sure its white people fault you fucking moron
    Christ you are testy on this echo chamber of a board.

Does this look like a fucking national emergency?

The numbers have more than doubled last month. And 60% aren’t from Mexico. You and your ilk told us the Caravans were Bullshit.

And even with half of those numbers, the last President was allowed to DO SOMETHING to secure our border. I didn’t hear you bitching about walls and kids in cages back then. I wonder why. I’m guessing it’s because you are easily played by the media.
    Why are you guys such sensitive little pussies on this board?
    Why do you suck at arguments?
    No, you!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's what I thought
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

salemcoog said:

“DHS reports that the Border Patrol is apprehending illegal immigrants at the highest rate since 2007”

How far do these numbers go back and where can I see them? This rules out the current rate as unprecedented, but I want to see the entire data set.

No. No you don’t. You just want to twist some numbers to keep make believing that our border is secure and we have enough beds for fake refugees and unaccompanied children. And illegals are a net gain to our economy. When none of it is true.
    I think Wilbur is better than that
    salemcoogerFS

Closet fag with all of his guns at the bottom of the river weighs in!!!! Relax and have a smoke.
    You're the one crying like a little bitch, Sally.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sounds like the current protection of the border is doing a good job.

Must you always be a whiny little cunt, Hondo? The evidence says "yes."
    Gotta say though - 28.5K WTFs is impressive.

Consistent.

Let's say I have my fan club.
    Fun to add the 5th WTF to that post.
  • Options

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2019-Mar/bp-southwest-border-sector-apps-fy1960-fy2018.pdf

It's mostly bullshit. All they've done is taken the 70k February number and prorated for the entire year.

2018's apprehensions are 35% of what we saw in 2007. Same goes for the rest of the decade.

It's Fox scaring old white guys.
    CNN and NY Times have the same numbers but still I'm sure its white people fault you fucking moron
    Christ you are testy on this echo chamber of a board.

Does this look like a fucking national emergency?

Did you just make that up sitting in class?
  • Options

I would like to see the last 6 billion years of climate data though
    let me introduce you to ice cores
    I'm well aware. They can go back quite a ways and show us volcanic activity and climate indicators as can tree rings. They show an ever changing climate with or without man.

So how do they prove man made?
    Because the dinosaurs were over hunted by man!
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I'm well aware. They can go back quite a ways and show us volcanic activity and climate indicators as can tree rings. They show an ever changing climate with or without man.

My intent wasnt to start the 500,000th climate thread. My border take is that we should invest in a sensor wall for more remote parts of the border, staff up, and beef up security/detection capabilites at ports of entry. I’m not agaisnt spending for border security, but there are more effective ways to spend than a physical wall imo.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

My intent wasnt to start the 500,000th climate thread. My border take is that we should invest in a sensor wall for more remote parts of the border, staff up, and beef up security/detection capabilites at ports of entry. I’m not agaisnt spending for border security, but there are more effective ways to spend than a physical wall imo.
    A wall is a yuge piece of the pie
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Joke is on Race, he wants 6 billion years of data but the earth is only 6,000 years old.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Sledog said:

Joke is on Race, he wants 6 billion years of data but the earth is only 6,000 years old.
    Race is living proof that Earth is older than 6,000 years.
  • Options

The new tactic is swarms or hundreds even more going all at once. It's a wall or minefields and machine guns. I'm all in for minefields and machine guns. We already have them. It's good training for the troops and ammo is cheap.
  • Options

Only small sections close to parts of the border you can actually cross, which walls already exist in. There are massive stretches of hostile land where it would be a waste and youd be better off using sensors to detect the few people suicidal enough to try and cross there.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sounds like the current protection of the border is doing a good job.

Must you always be a whiny little cunt, Hondo? The evidence says "yes."
    Gotta say though - 28.5K WTFs is impressive.

Consistent.

Let's say I have my fan club.
    Fun to add the 5th WTF to that post.
    Imagine caring about this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Only small sections close to parts of the border you can actually cross, which walls already exist in. There are massive stretches of hostile land where it would be a waste and youd be better off using sensors to detect the few people suicidal enough to try and cross there.
    No there is quite a bit of area that still needs the kind of wall that is working where built. Its not wall or nothing or other things but no wall - its all of it including walls. Walls send a message that you aren't welcome and to get around them you have a good chance of dying before the electronic drones come blow you up
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No one had a an issue with walls before Trump

That is inarguable

Well, the idiots like Beto who want to tear down walls may have but let's stick to rational people
  • Options
    Sledog said:

The new tactic is swarms or hundreds even more going all at once. It's a wall or minefields and machine guns. I'm all in for minefields and machine guns. We already have them. It's good training for the troops and ammo is cheap.
    Im fine building walls at ports of entry, we already do.
  • Options

No there is quite a bit of area that still needs the kind of wall that is working where built. Its not wall or nothing or other things but no wall - its all of it including walls. Walls send a message that you aren't welcome and to get around them you have a good chance of dying before the electronic drones come blow you up
    I hear you and I think we agree to the finer point of how much wall should actually be built. Unfortunately the political messaging is either BUILD THE WALL or TEAR DOWN THE WALLS, both of which are fucking stupid.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hear you and I think we agree to the finer point of how much wall should actually be built. Unfortunately the political messaging is either BUILD THE WALL or TEAR DOWN THE WALLS, both of which are fucking stupid.
    We're all burdened by the insane among us. I've not really a Republican and don't think Trump is either but I'm hearing that I'm just like Steve King!!!!11
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,834
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What's to say the numbers don't go up? At some point they probably will. Obama was more strict on the border than Bush and very few liberals complained about it. Now that Trump wants a wall, many throw fits. Walls deter. I took a walk for perspective the other night and noticed the nearby Costco had both a chain link fence and barbed wire on it. The Arizona Daily Star or Arizona Republican don't write stories about private property walls, but do it for 1000 feet in Nogales and out comes the divisive click bait tripe stories.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No one had a an issue with walls before Trump

That is inarguable

Well, the idiots like Beto who want to tear down walls may have but let's stick to rational people

Lil lyin Race.