Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump resigns

Comments

• HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937

SFGbob said:

Btw, that argument about Trump legitimizing NK is pure Rat talking points. Trump is criticized if he makes a deal because he will have given up too much according to his critics and he is criticized if he walks away from a deal because Trump legitimized NK.

I'm fine with him or any president trying. But it's been so half-assed and amateurish. Even you have to admit this.
    The people who see Trump walking away and think he looks tough instead of like a petulant child are in fantasy land.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

This is the kind of negotiation HardlyClothed loved:

Uh, yeah, meeting with them is fine. If we had made a reasonable deal in the 90’s we wouldn’t have a nuclear armed NK now.
    If we would have bombed all their fucking facilities and dropped one on their leader NK would be free now.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,955
    I think by meeting with NK Trump does reduce the likelihood of a nuclear exchange. He definitely didn't escalate tension by meeting with him.
  • MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441

SFGbob said:

Btw, that argument about Trump legitimizing NK is pure Rat talking points. Trump is criticized if he makes a deal because he will have given up too much according to his critics and he is criticized if he walks away from a deal because Trump legitimized NK.

I'm fine with him or any president trying. But it's been so half-assed and amateurish. Even you have to admit this.
    The people who see Trump walking away and think he looks tough instead of like a petulant child are in fantasy land.
    My favorite part was Trump thinking his little Twitter war was going to affect the psyche of a man who executes people with anti-aircraft guns
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Uh, yeah, meeting with them is fine. If we had made a reasonable deal in the 90’s we wouldn’t have a nuclear armed NK now.
    If we would have bombed all their fucking facilities and dropped one on their leader NK would be free now.
    Love to see the bloodthirsty advocation for the death of millions on here
    SFGbob said:

I think by meeting with NK Trump does reduce the likelihood of a nuclear exchange. He definitely didn't escalate tension by meeting with him.

Right but because it’s so half-assed there’s nothing beyond simply meeting with them. No new diplomatic missions in Pyongyang, no pledge to stop building new weapons, no Korean War peace treaty. Things with more permanence than a simple meeting.

SFGbob said:

And if Trump would have accepted the deal of removing all sanctions in return for them closing a single Nuke site you and everyone else would have trashed him. Some times walking away from a bad deal is the best move.

SFGbob said:

My favorite part was Trump thinking his little Twitter war was going to affect the psyche of a man who executes people with anti-aircraft guns
    My favorite part is your mind reading Kunt act.

What am I thinking right now dumbass?
  • MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You're more angry than usual, bob. Everything okay?

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You're more angry than usual, bob. Everything okay?
    Yeah, that's probably what I'd go with as well if I'd just talk out my ass.

Heaven forbid you actually back up that twat of a mouth of yours.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

And if Trump would have accepted the deal of removing all sanctions in return for them closing a single Nuke site you and everyone else would have trashed him. Some times walking away from a bad deal is the best move.
    I'd love to negotiate with a lot of the folks here

Their child like wonder at how the world works is amusing

Trump is wrong whatever he does. Let's go with that and save everyone from lobbing cow farts here trying to justify it
    I still think Donnie is a cock sucker as a human being, but you can't fault every move he makes.

Probably not what you want to hear but you and I are in agreement.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

This is a bit of an intractable issue. I agree with the "damned if you do; damned if you don't" comments. This is a hard one on which to expect "winning!" really from anyone.

Isolationism and sanctions have not worked. Bombing the shit out of them at some key point in history is fun to talk about but harder to do in practice.

I'll give Trump credit for meeting with him; I have from the beginning. I had some of the same initial concerns about giving Un the attention he clearly wants from a big-boy country, but on the margin it seems to have calmed tensions, which is a great start.

This is something Trump won't be able to finish, likely not even if he gets another 4 years. But I'm not sure how we can say his effort was "half-assed". None of us were there, none of us are privy to the planning and discussions with real grown ups like Pompeo, etc.

And I absolutely think it's smart to walk away when it's time to walk away. I'm not a litigator, so I haven't been in a ton of arbitrations/mediations, but I've been in a few, and we walked away in some of them because it was time. All of those were eventually resolved on reasonable terms.

And I got the sense that the walk-away wasn't hostile and that he's actually building a relationship with Un. Of course, they are not going to give up any time soon the very thing that got the US to the table to begin with. It's going to take a lot of diplomacy and time to make this a non-threat.

The second world has Nukes now. We're not the only ones anymore, and that's the new normal. We have to deal with it.

I think you have to give credit and lay blame when it merits. Otherwise, we're all just a cluster fuck. I still think Donnie is a cock sucker as a human being, but you can't fault every move he makes. That's FS.

Your chintegrity isn't welcome here cuog!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    I read that as I still think Damone is a cock sucker

I like reasonable creepy even if he cow farts here
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

This is a bit of an intractable issue. I agree with the "damned if you do; damned if you don't" comments. This is a hard one on which to expect "winning!" really from anyone.

Isolationism and sanctions have not worked. Bombing the shit out of them at some key point in history is fun to talk about but harder to do in practice.

I'll give Trump credit for meeting with him; I have from the beginning. I had some of the same initial concerns about giving Un the attention he clearly wants from a big-boy country, but on the margin it seems to have calmed tensions, which is a great start.

This is something Trump won't be able to finish, likely not even if he gets another 4 years. But I'm not sure how we can say his effort was "half-assed". None of us were there, none of us are privy to the planning and discussions with real grown ups like Pompeo, etc.

And I absolutely think it's smart to walk away when it's time to walk away. I'm not a litigator, so I haven't been in a ton of arbitrations/mediations, but I've been in a few, and we walked away in some of them because it was time. All of those were eventually resolved on reasonable terms.

And I got the sense that the walk-away wasn't hostile and that he's actually building a relationship with Un. Of course, they are not going to give up any time soon the very thing that got the US to the table to begin with. It's going to take a lot of diplomacy and time to make this a non-threat.

The second world has Nukes now. We're not the only ones anymore, and that's the new normal. We have to deal with it.

I think you have to give credit and lay blame when it merits. Otherwise, we're all just a cluster fuck. I still think Donnie is a cock sucker as a human being, but you can't fault every move he makes. That's FS.

Your chintegrity isn't welcome here cuog!
    Should I LEAVE!!!!!!!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

I read that as I still think Damone is a cock sucker

I like reasonable creepy even if he cow farts here

Damone is living rent free in my head.

Imagine caring about that.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Death of millions? They didn't have nukes then. They were trying to build them. HTH
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,860 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Yeah you are right. Trump should have just drawn 5 different red lines and called it a day right? Or handed them 400 million in the middle of the night when the American people had no idea what was happening. Or in the case of Putin, kiss his ass off mic when he thinks no one is listening and inform him that he will give up our missile protection once he is re-elected and the American people can do nothing about it.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

Death of millions? They didn't have nukes then. They were trying to build them. HTH
    The Chinese did.