Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Free loading millennials

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its only a matter of time before someone crosses the Rubicon and is installed as a "temporary" Dictator to "save' the Republic. The only question is which philosophy wins.

It wasn't the social decadence that brought down Rome and it won' be gay marriage that brings down America. It was the political decadence and the Senate abdicating its role that brought down the Republic in Rome

Our? Senate is hell bent on following the lead. The Founding Two Dads would not be pleased that politics is now a cult of personality focused on the President. While sometimes it seems like the President is powerless the phone and the pen and the EO are saying hold my beer.

As long as we switch the party of the President every 8 years we can keep saying but but but they did it too.

This is what years of listening to talk radio gets you

Didn't the Visigoths having something to do with it?

Paging @YellowSnow . I don't venture too far into history without Yella on board. He's a Webster's dictionary for esoteric historical fun facts. I don't recommend going mano a mano with him on that, or the erg machine.

PS to Yella: the kid hit 7:03 in her first 2K of Spring season yesterday. She mentioned that she was on pace for most of it to break 7, but slowed a bit at the end.
    Ok so the goal is 2000 strokes in under 7 minutes? Or that's the female goal. What should a late 30's non Viking white dude with short arms and legs be aspiring for? #ErgNoob
    I’m old and I can do 7:25.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,233
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    E

Sledog said:

Its only a matter of time before someone crosses the Rubicon and is installed as a "temporary" Dictator to "save' the Republic. The only question is which philosophy wins.

It wasn't the social decadence that brought down Rome and it won' be gay marriage that brings down America. It was the political decadence and the Senate abdicating its role that brought down the Republic in Rome

Our? Senate is hell bent on following the lead. The Founding Two Dads would not be pleased that politics is now a cult of personality focused on the President. While sometimes it seems like the President is powerless the phone and the pen and the EO are saying hold my beer.

As long as we switch the party of the President every 8 years we can keep saying but but but they did it too.

Paging @YellowSnow . I don't venture too far into history without Yella on board. He's a Webster's dictionary for esoteric historical fun facts. I don't recommend going mano a mano with him on that, or the erg machine.

PS to Yella: the kid hit 7:03 in her first 2K of Spring season yesterday. She mentioned that she was on pace for most of it to break 7, but slowed a bit at the end.
    They may have been the final nail in the coffin but they rotted from the inside out.
    I note that @YellowSnow has yet to weigh in, so all this Roman talk is in draft form until he does.

That said, I hear that decadent and self-indulgent leadership had something to do with said rot.
    Dude Ceaser was the end of the Republic. Rome itself fell 400 years later
    Rome in the West fell in 476. In the East it lasted till 1453.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

millennials dont give a fuck. Millennials hate the government and dont vote.

All the ugly kids went hardcore lefty though.

You've seen MTG then.
    I dont know what that is. Is it as good as road house and cocktail?
    Magic the gathering.

And cocktail kicks as much ass as road House. The Glory days of movies. Top gun as well.
    WTF is wrong with you?!? Cocktail??? Christ.

Fucking Cocktail in the same breath as Road House????

Elisabeth Shue is pretty nasty though....but that movie doesn't make the Top 100 of 80's flicks.

And Gina Gershon and Kelly Lynch are close behind ES on the nasty scale.

Ok, maybe Cocktail isn't so bad even if the story sucks donkey dick.

Dood. I had a serious school boy crush on Elizabeth Shue. Still do.
  • Options

Are you serious? Visigoths was a good poster by the way

The Republic fell long before Rome did.
    I remember Visigoths. Yes, he was.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Are young people still ruining everything?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You've seen MTG then.
    Marriotta the God
    Gwad*
  • Options

E

Sledog said:

They may have been the final nail in the coffin but they rotted from the inside out.
    I note that @YellowSnow has yet to weigh in, so all this Roman talk is in draft form until he does.

That said, I hear that decadent and self-indulgent leadership had something to do with said rot.
    Dude Ceaser was the end of the Republic. Rome itself fell 400 years later
    Rome in the West fell in 476. In the East it lasted till 1453.
    This is why, right here, I don't do history without Yella.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You've seen MTG then.
    Marriotta the God
    Gwad*
    I just spelled it right.

Although Gnad would be more appropriate.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,233
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ok so the goal is 2000 strokes in under 7 minutes? Or that's the female goal. What should a late 30's non Viking white dude with short arms and legs be aspiring for? #ErgNoob
    I’m old and I can do 7:25.
    This is not a terrible old man time.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,947
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This obsession with millennials is sad.

The constant narrative has become stale. it was fun for awhile. .. but now we have to realize the Millenials are growing up. They are gaining real world experience!!! .... In twenty years they’ll be voting republican!
    People tend to get more conservative as they get older, not more republican. They won’t be voting republican because there won’t be a Republican Party. That will be Trump’s only accomplishment.

If you think millennials, who grew up on Bush and now are watching Trump as adults, will turn republican, you’re drunk.

What Bush policies were you particularly fond of that Trump has abandoned? Amnesty? Open borders? Forever wars? Don't hurt yourself.

People forget about those 8 years of Obama between the two when he could have hope and changed all that.....

Oh, he did preach hope and change.

He just did dick all.

I agree. But you have to remember, when he doing dick all, republicans were embarrassing themselves and the country by claiming the first black president in American history was illegitimate. How do you think that played with a generation as race conscious as millennials?
    Both parties are better at lobbing bombs from out of power than they are at leading in power. The GOP seems content again attacking the dem candidates and Congress. The democrats are happy they can rip Trump instead of having to defend Obama

As far as race goes the Black vote is no longer the battle ground. The Brown vote is and Hispanics don't give a shit about birther nonsense nor are they a monolithic block either liberal or conservative. Both parties think they can win them which is why the Establishment is all in on Amnesty
    Pretty sure Hispanics are something like 70/30 Democrat or at least 65/35 (going by tend to favor, I know many are independent)

This is why Dems basically want open borders now. They're looking for future votes.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,642
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

The older generation complaining about the younger generation may be the oldest tradition humans have
    Well it's a problem when a generation doesn't really want to work. Everyone is special in the age of social media.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The constant narrative has become stale. it was fun for awhile. .. but now we have to realize the Millenials are growing up. They are gaining real world experience!!! .... In twenty years they’ll be voting republican!
    People tend to get more conservative as they get older, not more republican. They won’t be voting republican because there won’t be a Republican Party. That will be Trump’s only accomplishment.

If you think millennials, who grew up on Bush and now are watching Trump as adults, will turn republican, you’re drunk.

What Bush policies were you particularly fond of that Trump has abandoned? Amnesty? Open borders? Forever wars? Don't hurt yourself.

People forget about those 8 years of Obama between the two when he could have hope and changed all that.....

Oh, he did preach hope and change.

He just did dick all.

I agree. But you have to remember, when he doing dick all, republicans were embarrassing themselves and the country by claiming the first black president in American history was illegitimate. How do you think that played with a generation as race conscious as millennials?
    Both parties are better at lobbing bombs from out of power than they are at leading in power. The GOP seems content again attacking the dem candidates and Congress. The democrats are happy they can rip Trump instead of having to defend Obama

As far as race goes the Black vote is no longer the battle ground. The Brown vote is and Hispanics don't give a shit about birther nonsense nor are they a monolithic block either liberal or conservative. Both parties think they can win them which is why the Establishment is all in on Amnesty
    Pretty sure Hispanics are something like 70/30 Democrat or at least 65/35 (going by tend to favor, I know many are independent)

This is why Dems basically want open borders now. They're looking for future votes.
    Right it's about millions of illegals who vote.

Ok.gif
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,649
    edited March 2019
    jecornel said:

The older generation complaining about the younger generation may be the oldest tradition humans have
    Well it's a problem when a generation doesn't really want to work. Everyone is special in the age of social media.
    Oh jeez get the fuck outta here

Working sucks.

It will also become incredibly easy when Boomer fucks retire.

• Options
    jecornel said:

you really pushed back against my point that old people have been complaining about young people for thousands of years by complaining about young people
  • Options

jecornel said:

you really pushed back against my point that old people have been complaining about young people for thousands of years by complaining about young people
    And vice versa you ding!
  • Options
    Sledog said:

jecornel said:

And vice versa you ding!
    what
  • Options

Sledog said:

jecornel said:

And vice versa you ding!
    what
    I'll type slowly.

Young people have been complaining about old people just as long.

Couldn't look up the meaning of vice versa?

Ding means you're a dipshit.

Anything else you need help with Sparky?

HTFHYDMF
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

jecornel said:

And vice versa you ding!
    what
    I'll type slowly.

HTFHYDMF
    nah i don't think so
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

jecornel said:

And vice versa you ding!
    what
    I'll type slowly.

HTFHYDMF
    nah i don't think so
    HTFHYDMF = Hear The Fucking ??? You Dumb Mother Fucker?