Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Free loading millennials

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Lil lyin Race. Can't wait for Bob to chime in and call you a liar.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/02/24/heart-head/
    Lie? Why is it a lie? He didn’t claim Churchill coined the saying. Do you have proof Churchill never said ? Slappy dick.
    Holy fuck. Really? Going to double down on that?

There's a ton of shit attributable to Churchill that he never said. Is your Google broken?

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/9-quotes-from-winston-churchill-that-are-totally-fake-1790585636
    Hell there's a ton of shit you've actually said that you take no responsibility for and now lie and deny ever saying it.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

I am re watching the Civil War and people forget how much Lincoln was hated during his time. Of course Burns stayed away from the disgusting campaign the democrats ran in 1864 but those of who were there were appalled

Churchill also was generally unpopular and voted out after he won the war for England.

Great leaders are often savagely attacked during their time and remembered fondly after they are long gone.

He also looked like the Penguin. Likability at the time tends to be based largely on how someone looks.
    Since TV no bald person has been elected President

Nixon won the debate to radio listeners, Kennedy to TV viewers

Ike was elected in 1952. They had TV and you of all people should have known this.
    El oh el.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,071
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

I am re watching the Civil War and people forget how much Lincoln was hated during his time. Of course Burns stayed away from the disgusting campaign the democrats ran in 1864 but those of who were there were appalled

Churchill also was generally unpopular and voted out after he won the war for England.

Great leaders are often savagely attacked during their time and remembered fondly after they are long gone.

He also looked like the Penguin. Likability at the time tends to be based largely on how someone looks.

Ike was elected in 1952. They had TV and you of all people should have known this.
    I was poor in 1952

I did know Ike was bald though
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

4. If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.
    This quote has been butchered repeatedly over the decades. And has about as many purported authors as variations. But one thing we know for sure is that Churchill never said it.

As British historian Paul Addison from Edinburgh University pointed out to the Saturday Evening Post, “He’d been a Conservative at 15 and a Liberal at 35.” So if Churchill ever said anything close to this he had a rather dim view of himself.

So where does this quote originate? The website Quote Investigator traces it back to a French book from 1875 by Jules Claretie. The rough translation? “He who is not a républicain at twenty compels one to doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty, persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his mind.”

The meme doesn't mention any specific ages

Looks like hondo is lying again

Read the part in bold.
    Who is Paul Addison? Is there back up sources to this contention? Are you sure liberal and conservative in England mean the same thing as in America?

I'm not convinced
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

4. If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.
    This quote has been butchered repeatedly over the decades. And has about as many purported authors as variations. But one thing we know for sure is that Churchill never said it.

As British historian Paul Addison from Edinburgh University pointed out to the Saturday Evening Post, “He’d been a Conservative at 15 and a Liberal at 35.” So if Churchill ever said anything close to this he had a rather dim view of himself.

So where does this quote originate? The website Quote Investigator traces it back to a French book from 1875 by Jules Claretie. The rough translation? “He who is not a républicain at twenty compels one to doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty, persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his mind.”

Read the part in bold.
    Who is Paul Addison? Is there back up sources to this contention? Are you sure liberal and conservative in England mean the same thing as in America?

I'm not convinced
    I think Addison quote was photoshopped.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Read the part in bold.

I'm not convinced
    Shouldn't you have questioned that before you posted the Churchill quote?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the part in bold.

I'm not convinced
    So you admit that its a Churchill quote

I rest my case

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the part in bold.

I'm not convinced

I rest my case

Reading is your friend.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the part in bold.

I'm not convinced

I rest my case

Reading is your friend.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the part in bold.

I'm not convinced
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the part in bold.

I'm not convinced

I rest my case

Reading is your friend.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the part in bold.

I'm not convinced
    You are smart enough to comprehend what I meant. Shitdick.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

I was poor in 1952

Social security isn't much better now than it was when you were taking it back in 1952. What changed?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I was poor in 1952

Social security isn't much better now than it was when you were taking it back in 1952. What changed?
    There was no Social Security in 1952, ask Hondo.
  • Options

Yes I am

I won

If you call posting a fake meme as fact winning. Then by all means take your trophy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,078
    edited February 2019

Looking forward to the day that the fighting Trojans of Donald J. Trump High School win their first title in the State of Lincoln.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Yes I am

I won

If you call posting a fake meme as fact winning. Then by all means take your trophy.
    Maybe he says shit to rile up the half brains. And then he sits back and chuckles.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Yes I am

I won

Maybe he says shit to rile up the half brains. And then he sits back and chuckles.
    No. Race actually thinks he's right.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Yes I am

I won

No. Race actually thinks he's right.
    And we are all laughing at you. Idiot