Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cohen testimony

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019
    SFGbob said:

I cant imagine bragging about being in a frat years after you allegedly went to college, but I'm also not Ohio trash

Take that @HHusky!
    The average fraternity's social calendar can't be beat. Or at least that's the way it was when I was at UO. But it also requires a bunch of shit that I'm not really into. To each their own.
    Sounds like you were a member of some fag house.
    Sounds like Fiji material to me.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

There is no doubt the federal government is way outside the bounds allowed by the constitution. I want a much smaller federal government. Without all the lefty loon federal programs and most federal programs. The military needs to be able to kick ass. No compromise on that.

No Air Force either! Not in the Constitution!

That which is not authorized is verboten!

#whataloon

Agreed as far as that goes.
    Says the guy going full commie.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

TheDemocrat party after all this, has nothing on Donny boy. What a joke. Nothing new here that no one already knew. Hates his boys....check.....racist......check......asshole.... check.....doesn't like the common man......check.

Cohen getting a movie deal....check

The congressclowns did get to say book deal / movie deal 30 times. Welcome to America! What do you expect?

I appreciate your concession that we've known Daddy is a criminal for ages. I recognize deplorables don't care.
    Any beta-cuck who uses this term demonstrates beyond all reasonable doubt what a sheeplike fool they are.

Congratulations. Hillary has you right where she wants you.

Stockholm Syndrome is a Bitch.
    But “beta-cuck”, that’s some real deep thinkin’ language.
    You think your patently obvious classical conditioning requires deep thinking? You're worse off than I thought.
    Well I didn’t spend my college years passed out drunk in a fraternity basement at Columbus, Ohio. But I can put a couple original thoughts together. You? Not so much.
    Things Fraternity Rejects say.
    So I was right.
    Nobody would drink with him Even the nerds wouldn't let him join in any fun.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

There is no doubt the federal government is way outside the bounds allowed by the constitution. I want a much smaller federal government. Without all the lefty loon federal programs and most federal programs. The military needs to be able to kick ass. No compromise on that.

#whataloon

Not me. Scalia was never a big hero of mine. Smart as fuck, as they all tend to be at that level, and for that reason I believe he he knew better.

As a legal scholar (he was), he knew that even modern attempts at codifying everything in one place in a philosophical attempt to eliminate judicial discretion and judge-made law has failed. Germany is a prime example. Code law countries always winds up requiring a human being to fill in the gaps when what was written by some flawed person earlier doesn't quite cover what's in front of you. Interestingly, in those countries often wind up with MORE of what they sought to eliminate: judge-made law. They don't call it that, but that is what it is.

I don't believe in fairy tales. For that reason, I don't believe the US was formed with divine intervention, and that our founding documents are something akin to the ten commandments.

Just look at the commerce clause and its use by the federal government to regulate shit under the category of interstate commerce. What on earth did that mean to a bunch of dudes who lived in a world with mostly dirt roads (and not many of them), no telecom, no expedient means of travel anywhere and relatively disconnected micro economies? When that thing was written, your identity as a Virginian was much more important and relevant to you than any sense you had of being an American. Whatever they thought of it, we most certainly view it differently. Over time, the SCOTUS broadens and narrows its application. Note, that in many instance it has broadened it to regulate things that even @Sledog would prefer be regulated. The CC is, for example, the primary source of federal regulation over narcotics. It was broadly interpreted very early on, too, under John Marshall; so we can't blame it on modern courts.

The US Constitution is, in fact, a living and breathing document. If that phrase bothers you, come up with another one. But to me, you either accept that it need be applied in a given historical context, or accept that it needs to be re-written, or at least re-evaluated, every once in a while.

The Founding Dads were studs for their time; don't twist what I'm saying. But if you could make them appear today, they would all pass out in shock at the world they would see before them. They, particularly Jefferson, were pretty prescient men, but come on. Even TJ wouldn't have the foggiest idea about how to manage in the world today.
    They would have had another revolution long ago. They thought they would have one every 10-20 years because government would run amok.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,213
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

I cant imagine bragging about being in a frat years after you allegedly went to college, but I'm also not Ohio trash

Take that @HHusky!
    The average fraternity's social calendar can't be beat. Or at least that's the way it was when I was at UO. But it also requires a bunch of shit that I'm not really into. To each their own.
    Sounds like you were a member of some fag house.
    Sounds like Fiji material to me.
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

TheDemocrat party after all this, has nothing on Donny boy. What a joke. Nothing new here that no one already knew. Hates his boys....check.....racist......check......asshole.... check.....doesn't like the common man......check.

Cohen getting a movie deal....check

The congressclowns did get to say book deal / movie deal 30 times. Welcome to America! What do you expect?

I appreciate your concession that we've known Daddy is a criminal for ages. I recognize deplorables don't care.
    Any beta-cuck who uses this term demonstrates beyond all reasonable doubt what a sheeplike fool they are.

Congratulations. Hillary has you right where she wants you.

Stockholm Syndrome is a Bitch.
    But “beta-cuck”, that’s some real deep thinkin’ language.
    You think your patently obvious classical conditioning requires deep thinking? You're worse off than I thought.
    Well I didn’t spend my college years passed out drunk in a fraternity basement at Columbus, Ohio. But I can put a couple original thoughts together. You? Not so much.
    Things Fraternity Rejects say.
    So I was right.
    Nobody would drink with him Even the nerds wouldn't let him join in any fun.
    Someone's brimming with Greek pride, I see.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

Turd isn't from Ohio State

Rose Bowl bet

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

#whataloon

Not me. Scalia was never a big hero of mine. Smart as fuck, as they all tend to be at that level, and for that reason I believe he he knew better.

As a legal scholar (he was), he knew that even modern attempts at codifying everything in one place in a philosophical attempt to eliminate judicial discretion and judge-made law has failed. Germany is a prime example. Code law countries always winds up requiring a human being to fill in the gaps when what was written by some flawed person earlier doesn't quite cover what's in front of you. Interestingly, in those countries often wind up with MORE of what they sought to eliminate: judge-made law. They don't call it that, but that is what it is.

I don't believe in fairy tales. For that reason, I don't believe the US was formed with divine intervention, and that our founding documents are something akin to the ten commandments.

Just look at the commerce clause and its use by the federal government to regulate shit under the category of interstate commerce. What on earth did that mean to a bunch of dudes who lived in a world with mostly dirt roads (and not many of them), no telecom, no expedient means of travel anywhere and relatively disconnected micro economies? When that thing was written, your identity as a Virginian was much more important and relevant to you than any sense you had of being an American. Whatever they thought of it, we most certainly view it differently. Over time, the SCOTUS broadens and narrows its application. Note, that in many instance it has broadened it to regulate things that even @Sledog would prefer be regulated. The CC is, for example, the primary source of federal regulation over narcotics. It was broadly interpreted very early on, too, under John Marshall; so we can't blame it on modern courts.

The US Constitution is, in fact, a living and breathing document. If that phrase bothers you, come up with another one. But to me, you either accept that it need be applied in a given historical context, or accept that it needs to be re-written, or at least re-evaluated, every once in a while.

The Founding Dads were studs for their time; don't twist what I'm saying. But if you could make them appear today, they would all pass out in shock at the world they would see before them. They, particularly Jefferson, were pretty prescient men, but come on. Even TJ wouldn't have the foggiest idea about how to manage in the world today.
    They would have had another revolution long ago. They thought they would have one every 10-20 years because government would run amok.
    Seems like my way is easier.
  • Options

Rose Bowl bet

I actually detest the people who say that you need to have attended the college of the football team you root for, so I'm not sure where to go from here
    How do you feel about Christianity?
    My dad's oldest brother was a priest until he got married.
    That explains a lot.
  • Options

Rose Bowl bet

Race is a good figurer outer.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Rose Bowl bet

I actually detest the people who say that you need to have attended the college of the football team you root for, so I'm not sure where to go from here
    That explains a lot.
    You dont seem very sharp
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rose Bowl bet

That explains a lot.
    You dont seem very sharp
    *don’t
  • Options

Rose Bowl bet

That explains a lot.
    You dont seem very sharp
    You don't seem very straight.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Rose Bowl bet

That explains a lot.
    You dont seem very sharp
    You would know, bud
  • Options
    When Michael Cohen was asked about his testimony, he said, "I thought it was quite PRODUCTIVE."

Telling.
  • Options

Rose Bowl bet

That explains a lot.
    You dont seem very sharp
    You would know, bud
    Homophobic much? Fag.