Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bill Gates insults Sandy

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Bill Gates understands that ultra wealthy people have provided a healthy market to income avoidance and deferral planners. He favors a robust estate tax, which is one good way of getting at the real issue.

Yeah steal money from people when they die that they have already been taxed on.

Why can't you lefty fucks earn your own money? Oh yeah an IQ like liquid nitrogen.
    I love the “taxation is stealing” and “double taxation” lies. Smells like idiocy!

I'm taxed on dollars earned and reported as taxable income (once), and I accumulate that income in an investment or bank account, paying taxes on dividends and interest earned (new income earned - and taxed a first time), when I die the government then taxes those dollars AGAIN.

If that's not double taxation, what is it?

You won't be taxed when you die. And the estate tax. The overwhelming majority of the amount that is taxed is unrealized capital gains that hasn't been taxed yet.
    So you're moving the goalpost to say "the Estate" or "your heirs" will be taxed. BULLSHIT.

Fucking bullshit. It's a money grab instead of addressing the core issues of government overspending and waste.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Bill Gates understands that ultra wealthy people have provided a healthy market to income avoidance and deferral planners. He favors a robust estate tax, which is one good way of getting at the real issue.

Yeah steal money from people when they die that they have already been taxed on.

Why can't you lefty fucks earn your own money? Oh yeah an IQ like liquid nitrogen.
    I love the “taxation is stealing” and “double taxation” lies. Smells like idiocy!

I'm taxed on dollars earned and reported as taxable income (once), and I accumulate that income in an investment or bank account, paying taxes on dividends and interest earned (new income earned - and taxed a first time), when I die the government then taxes those dollars AGAIN.

You won't be taxed when you die. And the estate tax. The overwhelming majority of the amount that is taxed is unrealized capital gains that hasn't been taxed yet.
    So you're moving the goalpost to say "the Estate" or "your heirs" will be taxed. BULLSHIT.

Fucking bullshit. It's a money grab instead of addressing the core issues of government overspending and waste.

Yeah that's why family farms were crushed. The patriarch dies and the family can't pay the death taxes. Saw the same thing with an expensive piece of property where I worked. The family couldn't afford the taxes which were millions of dollars. Selling became hard as well and it languished for some time.

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Yeah that's why family farms were crushed. The patriarch dies and the family can't pay the death taxes. Saw the same thing with an expensive piece of property where I worked. The family couldn't afford the taxes which were millions of dollars. Selling became hard as well and it languished for some time.

Word.

It's just a re-distribution of wealth. The rich will get richer land-grabbing real property and the poor just get enabled another generation with promises/freebies.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2019

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You or your heirs pay.

It's a word game. The man still winds up with the money.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I love this legend.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2019
    dflea said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You or your heirs pay.

Yeeup. It is another revenue source and represents a policy against family dynasties. The Coors family railed against it.

Gates doesn't care because at his level it doesn't really matter. He heirs, and theirs and theirs are going to be fine. Assuming they all did nothing but sit around, the math wouldn't catch up to them for 1,000 years. Bill, like most of us, doesn't care about his lineage that far down the road.

For me, it's real money to my kids and theirs. I have to work around it.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You or your heirs pay.

Yeeup. It is another revenue source and represents a policy against family dynasties. The Coors family railed against it.

Gates doesn't care because at his level it doesn't really matter. He heirs, and theirs and theirs are going to be fine. Assuming they all did nothing but sit around, the math wouldn't catch up to them for 1,000 years. Bill, like most of us, doesn't care about his lineage that far down the road.

I'm not a big fan of billions being left to heirs. Of course, nobody is lined up to leave me a billion dollars.

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I love this legend.
    It’s only a legend in your closed mind.
    dflea said:

dflea said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You or your heirs pay.

I'm not a big fan of billions being left to heirs. Of course, nobody is lined up to leave me a billion dollars.

There is an interesting argument against family dynasties. You don't want to promote creating a class of ne'er do well do nothings. But giving the next gen. a good leg up is part of the prize for a lot of people.

dflea said:

dflea said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You or your heirs pay.

There is an interesting argument against family dynasties. You don't want to promote creating a class of ne'er do well do nothings. But giving the next gen. a good leg up is part of the prize for a lot of people.
    The first $11+ million is excluded. That’s a bit of a leg up. Bully for all of you leaving more than that.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019
    Who the fuck is sandy
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Then they did shitty tax planning. And if the taxes were in the millions they had multiple of tens of millions in wealth. That they never paid taxes on because it was unrealized wealth on their land.

And you are lying off your ass.

Who the fuck is sandy

Sandy Duncan. Everyone is just sick of that hairdo.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dflea said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You or your heirs pay.

Gates is leaving his fortune to charity.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-children-are-proud-of-his-pledge-to-leave-his-money-to-charity-2016-10

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I love this legend.
    It’s only a legend in your closed mind.
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/09/28/heres-need-know-estate-tax-family-farmers/

Best not to make policy based on legend. I will exclude the zoning restrictions against keeping dragons. Better safe than sorry.
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Then they did shitty tax planning. And if the taxes were in the millions they had multiple of tens of millions in wealth. That they never paid taxes on because it was unrealized wealth on their land.

On those exceedingly rare occasions that there isn’t sufficient cash, the obligation can be paid over time.
    2001400ex said:

dflea said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You or your heirs pay.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-children-are-proud-of-his-pledge-to-leave-his-money-to-charity-2016-10
    Not all of it.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

On those exceedingly rare occasions that there isn’t sufficient cash, the obligation can be paid over time.
    Says the poor person without a pending Trust distribution.

2001400ex said:

dflea said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You or your heirs pay.

Not all of it.
    True. He’s also giving his kids a “leg up”.

HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Says the poor person without a pending Trust distribution.
    Something you’d like to share with the bored, Miss?