Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

National Emergencies

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

An open border certainly qualifies to people that love the country

So not you H

We’ve got an open border? Tell us another one.
    CONCORD, N.H. -- Democratic presidential contender Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand says she could possibly support a call by former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas to tear down parts of the existing U.S.-Mexico border wall.

“I’d have to ask folks in that part of the country to see whether the fencing that exists today is helpful or unhelpful,” the senator from New York told Fox News on Friday, as she was campaigning in the first-in-the-nation presidential primary state of New Hampshire.

“I could look at it and see which part he means and why, and if it makes sense, I could support it,” Gillibrand added.

O'ROURKE CALLS FOR TEARING DOWN WALL

O’Rourke, who’s seriously mulling a White House bid of his own, said Thursday in an interview with NBC News that he’d “absolutely … take the wall down," referring to the barrier by El Paso, Texas.

O’Rourke, who came close to upsetting GOP Sen. Ted Cruz in last November’s Senate election in Texas, argued that the existing 600 miles of wall and fencing along the 2,000-mile border have “not in any demonstrable way made us safer.”
    I guess you think this is somehow supportive of your false claim that we have open borders (?).
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,226
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of course it is. Democrats want to tear down what is there and they blocked finishing security along the whole border.

Stop lying your team is now quite open about wanting to continue open borders
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Why are Democrats afraid to own their desire for Open Borders?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Same reason hondo wont own the GND. They lie

If it's so popular you don't have to lie
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Who is lying?
  • Options

Of course it is. Democrats want to tear down what is there and they blocked finishing security along the whole border.

Stop lying your team is now quite open about wanting to continue open borders

Perhaps the problem is that you don’t know what “open borders” means.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

And calling you out for lying about the GND is not not owning it. HTH
  • Options

Why are rock ribbed “conservatives” so fucking stupid, and not conservative to boot?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    You shouldn't have any trouble explaining it and selling it to the masses then.

Why not try?

Why deny?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

We’ve never had a Government Coup taking down an elected President before now, either.

IDRGAF about the wall. the $ is irrelevant. the rhetoric for it is a bit unfortunate and overblown, but if it makes people happy, fucking build it so we? can move on.

but this is a quick dodge. there's no fucking coup; that's about as dramatic as people threatening to leave the country if Trump's election stood up. and, it's not relevant to the issue being discussed. I thought we? didn't like but but but. that's a but but but of the first order.
    it may be a dodge but McCabe admitted the coup to sell a book

Trust me if it was anyone other than Trump the left and "moderates" like you would be up in arms

You've really gone full-time with this. Predicting what I would or wouldn't do is a fool's errand. I've been waiting to see what, if anything, Bueller has, and I've been guarded in my thoughts on the investigation, saying over and over I don't know what's there. Because, like everyone, I don't.

I've taken an overall pretty even-keel with Donnie, posting where I think he's done well and where I think he's a fish dick. I don't think the wall is a big deal. Build it, don't build it, IDRGAF. I don't like the rhetoric behind it; sue me.

I'm not a political hero fanboy. 85% of the Tug can't get Trumpy's cock out of their mouths. There is nobody of any political stripe that inspires me like that. I supported Romney for sound reasons, not populist hysteria, so if there'd been inquiry into wrongdoing, I'd have LIPO'd all the way. My defenses of Obama been very limited.

So people on the other side of the political spectrum go after your guy and liberals have become sandy and vagy. The House impeached Clinton for lying about stupid, albeit embarrassing, shit.
  • Options
    see what happens when a fake attorneys schedule gets hit with a fake snowstorm?
  • Options

see what happens when a fake attorneys schedule gets hit with a fake snowstorm?

No. What happens?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

We’ve never had a Government Coup taking down an elected President before now, either.

IDRGAF about the wall. the $ is irrelevant. the rhetoric for it is a bit unfortunate and overblown, but if it makes people happy, fucking build it so we? can move on.

but this is a quick dodge. there's no fucking coup; that's about as dramatic as people threatening to leave the country if Trump's election stood up. and, it's not relevant to the issue being discussed. I thought we? didn't like but but but. that's a but but but of the first order.

Trust me if it was anyone other than Trump the left and "moderates" like you would be up in arms

You've really gone full-time with this. Predicting what I would or wouldn't do is a fool's errand. I've been waiting to see what, if anything, Bueller has, and I've been guarded in my thoughts on the investigation, saying over and over I don't know what's there. Because, like everyone, I don't.

I've taken an overall pretty even-keel with Donnie, posting where I think he's done well and where I think he's a fish dick. I don't think the wall is a big deal. Build it, don't build it, IDRGAF. I don't like the rhetoric behind it; sue me.

I'm not a political hero fanboy. 85% of the Tug can't get Trumpy's cock out of their mouths. There is nobody of any political stripe that inspires me like that. I supported Romney for sound reasons, not populist hysteria, so if there'd been inquiry into wrongdoing, I'd have LIPO'd all the way. My defenses of Obama been very limited.

So people on the other side of the political spectrum go after your guy and liberals have become sandy and vagy. The House impeached Clinton for lying about stupid, albeit embarrassing, shit.
    You sound defensive and you give yourself away

I'm hard to fool

Doesn't make you a bad person. 85% of the tug didn't vote for Trump but appreciate what he has done not who he is

I didn't vote or a husband or a preacher or a savior. I haven't done that since I was too young to vote and went all in on McGovern.

You like to claim the middle yet when the rubber hits the road you always turn left

Again , that's not an insult. You're not batshit crazy or a moron. You're a good guy
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The national emergency is bad. The “wall” is bad.

‘Nuff said on that. If you want I can bore you with the detailed argument, but Hondo wouldn’t understand it and just fuck it all up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm bad

Disagree
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree

You know it
  • Options

You sound defensive and you give yourself away

I'm hard to fool

Doesn't make you a bad person. 85% of the tug didn't vote for Trump but appreciate what he has done not who he is

I didn't vote or a husband or a preacher or a savior. I haven't done that since I was too young to vote and went all in on McGovern.

You like to claim the middle yet when the rubber hits the road you always turn left

Again , that's not an insult. You're not batshit crazy or a moron. You're a good guy
    I don't take issue with most of that, except I would argue the left-by-default charge to an extent. I'm free markets - I'm historical republican right on that, which has earned me the tag "establishment Republican", which I don't refute. I'm also free opportunity, because that's my own platform. If people come here, play by the rules and get ahead, that's good for them and it's good for us. I believe that, and I believe new blood and competition is healthy. It's inevitable that in welcoming that group some bad will flow in with them to join the shit balls who are already here. You could call me left on healthcare, but I think all kinds of people think we can do better there and want better. None of us have figured it out yet, IMO, so I almost don't score that as political. And I absolutely believe entitlement overhaul is critical. But I'm also willing to pay my share to deal with things that will always be with us.

I'm actually more with you on Trump than you think, for the reasons you wrote. Trump's vices really don't bother me, which is why I don't write about them that much. I'm just not a fan of the immigration rhetoric. That is really my biggest issue with Trump's platform, and I'm not convinced even he believes it entirely. But again, it's the smart move.
  • Options

Agree

You know it
    I could learn some lessons in brevity from you two.