Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ben Yurosek - 2020 3* TE - Bakersfield (Bakersfield Christian), CA - Offered 2/9/19

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Poapoa got Redman this year. Big get.

He also develops dudes. Two star 8 man footballer former defensive lineman Will Dissly went in the 4th round and shouldve redshirted.

3 star Sample...2nd rounder.

Bryant and Otton look like potential 3rd round or better players as well.

He aint going anywhere, and like @Roaddawg55 said, TE has been the most consistent on the field offensive performers.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

He also develops dudes. Two star 8 man footballer former defensive lineman Will Dissly went in the 4th round and shouldve redshirted.

He aint going anywhere, and like @Roaddawg55 said, TE has been the most consistent on the field offensive performers.

Yep, he's great a coaching guys up. But I wonder what he could do with multiple 1st round talents like Redman and Taylor on the field at the same time? We'll never know because he fucking sucks at recruiting.
    Founders Club

Yep, he's great a coaching guys up. But I wonder what he could do with multiple 1st round talents like Redman and Taylor on the field at the same time? We'll never know because he fucking sucks at recruiting.
    Lets wait til they play 1 or 2 years of big boy football before crowning them 1st rounders.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lets wait til they play 1 or 2 years of big boy football before crowning them 1st rounders.
    Pgos, your comment confuses me because you support his ability to develop but yet are ok with ok recruiting.
    Founders Club

Pgos, your comment confuses me because you support his ability to develop but yet are ok with ok recruiting.
    You cant say a 4 star TE is going to be a first rounder without him playing a down of d1 football. Just ballz hyperbole
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

They have obvious 1st round talent. Sure, they have to be developed in college and play in a system that showcases their ability and stay healthy. If it all comes together for those two guys they will both be 1st round draft picks. The competition for Taylor was nowhere near where it should have been given his talent level. I've heard we lost him to Colorado and I've heard we lost him to Penn State. Either way, that's a terrible loss and you'd have to be shit at sales for him not to clearly see UW is the best opportunity for him.
    Swaye's Wigwam

You cant say a 4 star TE is going to be a first rounder without him playing a down of d1 football. Just ballz hyperbole
    I agree with you but I feel that’s switching up your narrative. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Oh well.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

bryant just needs to stay healthy and he is going to be taken in the first round. otton might go in the first if he shows more wiggle
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    I feel like I cost udub this kid because I talked about his cheek bones. Guess I can still make a trip to Palo Alto. @btp what’s a good date rape drug these days? I use to just play quarters And get the chick I wanted to bang next to me plastered.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Paopao better have a good resume writer

I still can’t get on board with this. Elite talent has been the last problem for UW at TE.

Some like to pretend like every championship contender has great recruiters. They don’t. Some of these guys are retread white guys. The schools sell themselves.

I don’t think anyone criticizing UW’s marketing and sales is wrong, but winning helps. The reason we are good is because of Petersen’s system. If we get a stud QB we can win a title. If we don’t or the offense is too fucktarded we won’t.

Petersen can build a strong enough team to contend. Of course we want the best possible players, but we’ve been good enough to contend since 2016. We need our Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence. Huard is the doog hope.
    Paopao has 100% earned himself the benefit of the doubt. For two straight years he's put a tight end in the first four rounds of the draft and has the best TE duo in the country this upcoming season. He's earned the right to be a shit recruiter, which he's not, because we already have one of the best prep TEs in the country locked down. Sometimes people here take recruiting more seriously than the game itself. People talk about Ikaika like he's a god, meanwhile nobody wants to talk about the fact that Coach K is the best fucking DC we've had since Lambo.
    Does anyone that's not a retard call for Coach K to be fired? I wonder why he gets a pass?

Also, "surprise" people evaluate coaches recruiting on the recruiting bored.

I'm tired of the false binary. We want good development AND good recruiting.

If you want to argue LIPO on a coach or "the system is good just not the results THIS year" then fine. Thinking the program isn't capable of hiring coaches who are good at recruiting AND development has been proven to be a retarded take though.
    Fucking this. If we head over to the football board then we can have a completely different discussion abotu Kwat and Gregory and PowPow. This is the truck stop, a place to talk about underage bois and all that stuffz. So on this bored coaches are being judged on their recruiting chops, and two of the three are lacking. I am giving PowPow a pass this year because Redman is fucking elite. So big credit for that pull.
    We haven’t had a Bte for a lil bit. When we did have a healthy one, we had brownsocks. Whose BTe when black beast goes pro?

I’m confident Eason isn’t a dumb fuck and will understand this security blanket will allow him to force throws and it end up ok.

If Eason figures it out, blackbeast goes off, and we’re an 11+ win team, whose our bte next year and whose throwing him lobs down the seam?

Slightly worried.

Edit: fuck you @participationtrophies. You’re a fucking doog and I’d love to beat the shit out of you.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I still can’t get on board with this. Elite talent has been the last problem for UW at TE.

Some like to pretend like every championship contender has great recruiters. They don’t. Some of these guys are retread white guys. The schools sell themselves.

I don’t think anyone criticizing UW’s marketing and sales is wrong, but winning helps. The reason we are good is because of Petersen’s system. If we get a stud QB we can win a title. If we don’t or the offense is too fucktarded we won’t.

Petersen can build a strong enough team to contend. Of course we want the best possible players, but we’ve been good enough to contend since 2016. We need our Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence. Huard is the doog hope.
    I understand the point you're making and I'd be a hypocritical idiot if I was completely on the "our TE play has sucked" over the years ... it hasn't

That being said, Hunter Bryant is the only real TE that we've had at UW under Pete so far that has shown the ability to be a difference maker against the elite teams. He's able to make some catches that most TEs can't make. The rest of our TEs fall into the category of very good.

When you talk about DeShaun Watson, most forget that the final drive(s) for Clemson in that game were made possible in part because of the insane catches that Jordan Leggett made.

The primary reason that I made the comment that I did was because Paopao was the only coach given a 1 year extension. While we were on some decent talent outside of Redman, we didn't close this year. Last year, we lost a bunch of guys to USC who are running an air raid offense. He's a good to very good coach where we need to be upgrading our talent across all levels (players and coaches) to very good to great.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    How is PaoPao a shitty recruiter when he has Bryant, Otton, Kizer, and Culp on the roster with Redman coming in as well?

Mike Neal has been his only warm body Recruit.

Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Paopao has 100% earned himself the benefit of the doubt. For two straight years he's put a tight end in the first four rounds of the draft and has the best TE duo in the country this upcoming season. He's earned the right to be a shit recruiter, which he's not, because we already have one of the best prep TEs in the country locked down. Sometimes people here take recruiting more seriously than the game itself. People talk about Ikaika like he's a god, meanwhile nobody wants to talk about the fact that Coach K is the best fucking DC we've had since Lambo.
    Does anyone that's not a retard call for Coach K to be fired? I wonder why he gets a pass?

Also, "surprise" people evaluate coaches recruiting on the recruiting bored.

I'm tired of the false binary. We want good development AND good recruiting.

If you want to argue LIPO on a coach or "the system is good just not the results THIS year" then fine. Thinking the program isn't capable of hiring coaches who are good at recruiting AND development has been proven to be a retarded take though.
    Fucking this. If we head over to the football board then we can have a completely different discussion abotu Kwat and Gregory and PowPow. This is the truck stop, a place to talk about underage bois and all that stuffz. So on this bored coaches are being judged on their recruiting chops, and two of the three are lacking. I am giving PowPow a pass this year because Redman is fucking elite. So big credit for that pull.
    We haven’t had a Bte for a lil bit. When we did have a healthy one, we had brownsocks. Whose BTe when black beast goes pro?

I’m confident Eason isn’t a dumb fuck and will understand this security blanket will allow him to force throws and it end up ok.

If Eason figures it out, blackbeast goes off, and we’re an 11+ win team, whose our bte next year and whose throwing him lobs down the seam?

Slightly worried.

Edit: fuck you @participationtrophies. You’re a fucking doog and I’d love to beat the shit out of you.
    Uhhh, Devan Culp?

Oh yea, thanks. Unproven but I feel 8.1% better.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Paopao needs to go. He’s shit the bed two years in a row
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

How is PaoPao a shitty recruiter when he has Bryant, Otton, Kizer, and Culp on the roster with Redman coming in as well?

Mike Neal has been his only warm body Recruit.

Come on doogles. I promise you were here last year. How many extra offers came out only to whiff.

Culp, cool, layup.

We’re now offering LH’s best (oh wait, he committed to I beat my wife Osu) and he hasn’t yet committed.

I don’t understand how we can look past his inefficiency’s in closing and be ok with it.

He can develop like a mutha fucka though!

Lake also has missed on ALL his top secondary targets this year.

Both #damagedgoods