Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ben Yurosek - 2020 3* TE - Bakersfield (Bakersfield Christian), CA - Offered 2/9/19

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Poapoa got Redman this year. Big get.

He also develops dudes. Two star 8 man footballer former defensive lineman Will Dissly went in the 4th round and shouldve redshirted.

3 star Sample...2nd rounder.

Bryant and Otton look like potential 3rd round or better players as well.

He aint going anywhere, and like @Roaddawg55 said, TE has been the most consistent on the field offensive performers.

Yep, he's great a coaching guys up. But I wonder what he could do with multiple 1st round talents like Redman and Taylor on the field at the same time? We'll never know because he fucking sucks at recruiting.
    Lets wait til they play 1 or 2 years of big boy football before crowning them 1st rounders.
    They have obvious 1st round talent. Sure, they have to be developed in college and play in a system that showcases their ability and stay healthy. If it all comes together for those two guys they will both be 1st round draft picks. The competition for Taylor was nowhere near where it should have been given his talent level. I've heard we lost him to Colorado and I've heard we lost him to Penn State. Either way, that's a terrible loss and you'd have to be shit at sales for him not to clearly see UW is the best opportunity for him.
    Losing someone to Penn State is not a terrible loss. It's not that much further to Happy Valley than it is to Seattle from Colorado. That's losing someone to an equal at this point.
    It is a terrible loss when UW has way more to sell a TE than Penn State does. They don't do shit with their TE's in their scheme, they don't put TE's in the league, and they don't recruit elite QB's. So how the fuck does Paopao get beat by them?
    Mike Gisicki from Penn State was a 2018 2nd rounder but okay.
    Never heard of him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He also develops dudes. Two star 8 man footballer former defensive lineman Will Dissly went in the 4th round and shouldve redshirted.

He aint going anywhere, and like @Roaddawg55 said, TE has been the most consistent on the field offensive performers.

Yep, he's great a coaching guys up. But I wonder what he could do with multiple 1st round talents like Redman and Taylor on the field at the same time? We'll never know because he fucking sucks at recruiting.
    Lets wait til they play 1 or 2 years of big boy football before crowning them 1st rounders.
    They have obvious 1st round talent. Sure, they have to be developed in college and play in a system that showcases their ability and stay healthy. If it all comes together for those two guys they will both be 1st round draft picks. The competition for Taylor was nowhere near where it should have been given his talent level. I've heard we lost him to Colorado and I've heard we lost him to Penn State. Either way, that's a terrible loss and you'd have to be shit at sales for him not to clearly see UW is the best opportunity for him.
    Losing someone to Penn State is not a terrible loss. It's not that much further to Happy Valley than it is to Seattle from Colorado. That's losing someone to an equal at this point.
    It is a terrible loss when UW has way more to sell a TE than Penn State does. They don't do shit with their TE's in their scheme, they don't put TE's in the league, and they don't recruit elite QB's. So how the fuck does Paopao get beat by them?
    Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Never heard of him.
    That's because you're not actually informed on the things you talk about.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality
    Mike Gesicki blows. He was a combine warrior.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Never heard of him.
    lol ok this has to be a troll
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Never heard of him.
    lol ok this has to be a troll
    ballz knows if a recruit has had diarrhea in the last 30 days, knows where a recruit's parent's have spent their 20th wedding anniversary ... he knows who mike gesicki is.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality
    He’s played one year in the NFL. He was really good at Penn State.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality
    TE is the lowest performance expectation position of rookies. The numbers are historically low across the board for all rookies.

The all-time greats were pretty mediocre year 1. It's a hard position.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Doogles said:

FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality
    TE is the lowest performance expectation position of rookies. The numbers are historically low across the board for all rookies.

George Kittle was the best TE in the league as a rookie.

FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality
    He was okay at Penn State. He had a really good OC who got him the ball.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality

FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality
    Is that allowed?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Sad to see that retarded nfl sees move value in our? TE than our coaching staff
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    If Kirby Moore can help Tedford’s WR and recruit Jalen Cropper away from Utah, Arizona, and Oregon Stte to Fresno State, I guarantee he can get TE’s to show up to practice and do whatever Pete wants them to do. How was Paopao when he was developing ASJ the last two years he was here? Shitty. Then Pete comes in and now he’s the Nick Saban of DB’s?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kittle has a good, but not huge rookie year before busting out in year 2
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

If Kirby Moore can help Tedford’s WR and recruit Jalen Cropper away from Utah, Arizona, and Oregon Stte to Fresno State, I guarantee he can get TE’s to show up to practice and do whatever Pete wants them to do. How was Paopao when he was developing ASJ the last two years he was here? Shitty. Then Pete comes in and now he’s the Nick Saban of DB’s?

Nice reach back to 2013 to try and pin a bad TE on Paopao
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

If you have to go all the way back to 2013 to prove an assistant sucks he doesn’t suck.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

Doogles said:

FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality

FirePete said:

Never heard of him.
    Doogs hate reality
    Kittle didn't break out until year 2. And even if he broke out as a rookie, it would've been more the exception than a regular occurrence.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Paopao isn’t an amazing recruiter, but if your job is develop really good TE’s, he has done it. You don’t make coaching moves just to make moves.

We have at least 2 NFL TE’s on the roster right now and they also have gotten progressively better, or at least drafted higher the past few years.