Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

cool

Ethan Garbers (#19-PRO) - There’s a lot to like about Garbers from an accuracy standpoint, he just doesn’t quite have the horsepower that some of these other passers have. Recruitment: Committed to Washington.

My initial thought....

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I hate all the Ethan hate.

This class sucked so badly that Bryce Young is a huge deal despite his high fumble rate and lack of eye discipline when pressured. Once we weren’t getting him it was about Butterfield/Garbers.

Butterfield was committed to Stanford so we didn’t recruit him. Garbers didn’t string things along, he committed ASAP, didn’t let new ratings get to his head, is from a rich part of Newport where LA kids like Gary Bryant Jr & Kyle Ford like to hang out and party, is teammates with Mark Redman and he recruits/shows his competitiveness despite a legacy superstar coming in behind him. I don’t know what more you can ask for with two superstars like Skinny & Sirmon already fighting to be Haeners backup (jk lol) and Sam committed so early.

He’s much more of a DAWG than Dylan Morris and Morris is from Seattle. Morris will transfer the first chance Sam starts moving up the depth chart so we need a Garbers to compete, push him, be there for injury, and party his ass off to show SoCal recruits how dope we are.

This year was chicken shit and I’ll take this as chicken salad as opposed to missing on this and telling people we’re gonna take two QBs instead who we just offered.

Quoted for the truth. Chinned for good measure
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Murao, West, Hatchett, or Adams

Are my guesses and it’ll be the LS from Servite

For Gerbers I'm guessing it's an offensive guy and I doubt it's Murao. I could see any of the other three.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

For Gerbers I'm guessing it's an offensive guy and I doubt it's Murao. I could see any of the other three.
    I know he’s tight with Murao and that people are saying Murao is close to committing (i doubt it but still)

Murao and Garbers are at the opening together.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,925
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

West should be lumped in with Garcia.

One of the other 3 will give me a chubby.

Yaaay for day drinking!
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

The only Opening clip liked by Myles Murao so far

Getting some serious Browning vibes here and I don't love it.

If Browning didn't brownsocks as much as he did and had the level of croots that we have in the farm team now ... He wouldn't be as hated.

That's basically garbers right now.

As long as garbers doesn't run 30 yards backwards weaving left and right before getting sacked then he's alright with me
    The Queen replied, "Balls!? If I had two, I could be King!"

Browning's socks were perpetually brown, and frequently they were browned in situations of his own making. It's almost as though sock-shitting was inherently his nature.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

STFU! Nobody say shit about this kid unless it's positive in case he reads the board. We're lucky to get him in the class before Huard. He's not afraid of competition.

GOAT Ballz post.

I hate all the Ethan hate.

This class sucked so badly that Bryce Young is a huge deal despite his high fumble rate and lack of eye discipline when pressured. Once we weren’t getting him it was about Butterfield/Garbers.

Butterfield was committed to Stanford so we didn’t recruit him. Garbers didn’t string things along, he committed ASAP, didn’t let new ratings get to his head, is from a rich part of Newport where LA kids like Gary Bryant Jr & Kyle Ford like to hang out and party, is teammates with Mark Redman and he recruits/shows his competitiveness despite a legacy superstar coming in behind him. I don’t know what more you can ask for with two superstars like Skinny & Sirmon already fighting to be Haeners backup (jk lol) and Sam committed so early.

He’s much more of a DAWG than Dylan Morris and Morris is from Seattle. Morris will transfer the first chance Sam starts moving up the depth chart so we need a Garbers to compete, push him, be there for injury, and party his ass off to show SoCal recruits how dope we are.

This year was chicken shit and I’ll take this as chicken salad as opposed to missing on this and telling people we’re gonna take two QBs instead who we just offered.

Ditto, LMC.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only Opening clip liked by Myles Murao so far

That video clip isn't exactly inspiring.

Not mad about the commitment at all considering the Huard situation and love his attitude about the Dawgs.

But he looks a lot like Browning here with loopy arc on intermediate throws and receivers chopping feet waiting for the deep throws.