Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Dems FS

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

10 years to completely remove fossil fuels AND nuclear energy all while getting rid of air travel? The sheer enormity of that makes the moon landing look like building a lego house. Is anyone at all thinking this is absurd?

Not getting rid of of air travel.

The goal is no nuclear. If we can do it without nuclear we should, if we can’t do it without nuclear we’ll end up using it.

No shit it’s absurd. This is what happens when you sit on your ass ignoring scientists. Do it or we’re chillin with the dinosaurs.
    We’re all long fucking dead and decomposed before an Ice Age hits. And probably twenty generations after that will be worm food as well.
    We'll all be long dead before we have to pay off the deficit. Didn't stop you from screaming about that for 8 years.
    El oh fucking el at people (Hondo)who think the “deficit” has some date were it has to be “paid off”.

On another note, I’m sure if the government can take in enough money, they will solve climate change. Hell, I bet the climate will stay as it is for millions of years. They have a great track record.

I meant debt. And at some point we will need to work on paying it down.

And why are you so against investing in clean energy?
    When did I say I’m against investing in new “clean” energy technology? You’re so lazy In your logic. Which is probably why you love use fallacies. Why do you assume that if someone doesn’t think think the government should do something, they don’t think it should be done at all?

And you have no idea how the debt works or is financed, apparently. How do “we” work on “paying it down”. Tell me how that works. El oh fucking el.
    I was just reading that we are all doomed as insect populations are declining. You don't think that has anything to do with all those wind turbines smashing them? Endangered birds as well. Solar farms fry them all when they fly through as well. Damn greenies are destroying the planet!
    Let me get this straight. Are you really saying that a reduction in insect population is from wind turbines?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Getting rid of nuclear energy is fs, hth.

It’s a sustainable source of clean burning fuel that’s safe to generate ( unless you massively fuck up like Trinobyl but still).

AOC is a clown.
  • Options
    You needed a double shit post for Nuclear? Has anyone here said we should get rid of Nuclear?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

10 years to completely remove fossil fuels AND nuclear energy all while getting rid of air travel? The sheer enormity of that makes the moon landing look like building a lego house. Is anyone at all thinking this is absurd?

The goal is no nuclear. If we can do it without nuclear we should, if we can’t do it without nuclear we’ll end up using it.

No shit it’s absurd. This is what happens when you sit on your ass ignoring scientists. Do it or we’re chillin with the dinosaurs.
    We’re all long fucking dead and decomposed before an Ice Age hits. And probably twenty generations after that will be worm food as well.
    We'll all be long dead before we have to pay off the deficit. Didn't stop you from screaming about that for 8 years.
    El oh fucking el at people (Hondo)who think the “deficit” has some date were it has to be “paid off”.

On another note, I’m sure if the government can take in enough money, they will solve climate change. Hell, I bet the climate will stay as it is for millions of years. They have a great track record.

When did I say I’m against investing in new “clean” energy technology? You’re so lazy In your logic. Which is probably why you love use fallacies. Why do you assume that if someone doesn’t think think the government should do something, they don’t think it should be done at all?

And you have no idea how the debt works or is financed, apparently. How do “we” work on “paying it down”. Tell me how that works. El oh fucking el.
    I was just reading that we are all doomed as insect populations are declining. You don't think that has anything to do with all those wind turbines smashing them? Endangered birds as well. Solar farms fry them all when they fly through as well. Damn greenies are destroying the planet!
    Let me get this straight. Are you really saying that a reduction in insect population is from wind turbines?
    They kill birds like crazy including endangered species. You don't think they kill insects?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

It’s a sustainable source of clean burning fuel that’s safe to generate ( unless you massively fuck up like Trinobyl but still).

AOC is a clown.

If she had nuclear in it you’d be arguing that it’s too expensive or dangerous. You guys don’t argue in good faith. You’re against it and you’re going to find a reason to be against it so help you god.

100% renewable is viable now. We have a government run electric company that’s successful and knows how to build it.

Stop screaming just to scream.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

They kill birds like crazy including endangered species. You don't think they kill insects?
    How many insects do cars kill? And how many birds do buildings kill? I don't see you calling to end vehicles and tall buildings.

That being said. You are fucktarded for saying a significant amount of insects are killed by wind turbines. I wish you were trolling but you are just dumb.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

AOC is a clown.

If she had nuclear in it you’d be arguing that it’s too expensive or dangerous. You guys don’t argue in good faith. You’re against it and you’re going to find a reason to be against it so help you god.

100% renewable is viable now. We have a government run electric company that’s successful and knows how to build it.

Divine intervention wasn't required.

At all
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    edited February 2019
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

How many insects do cars kill? And how many birds do buildings kill? I don't see you calling to end vehicles and tall buildings.

That being said. You are fucktarded for saying a significant amount of insects are killed by wind turbines. I wish you were trolling but you are just dumb.
    Your dumb as a rock. No actually the rock is smarter.

We won't have cars anymore if you commies are ever in charge.

• Options

AOC is a clown.

No, nuclear energy is a good thing.

Axe my very liberal environmental science professor she thinks it’s fucking stupid too!
  • Options
    I’m all for renewable and sustainable energy sources. But nuclear energy is by far the most viable and most efficent. We already have the infrastructure in place too! Advancement in recent technologies have made it so you don’t need a big nuclear plane either. Effectively making an already very safe process even safer!
  • Options

I’m all for renewable and sustainable energy sources. But nuclear energy is by far the most viable and most efficent. We already have the infrastructure in place too! Advancement in recent technologies have made it so you don’t need a big nuclear plane either. Effectively making an already very safe process even safer!

Planes are going to be banned. Double banning for nuclear planes.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Obvious troll is obvious.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Fuck off. You know I meant plant
  • Options

Obvious troll is obvious.

Well you suck at trolling so.

Stick to sucking off Lebron!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

Did you know Newsom is living in Reagan’s old house in Sacramento?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

Did you know Newsom is living in Reagan’s old house in Sacramento?
    I hear in Sacramento black folks still aren't allowed to drink from public water fountains and Social Security doesn't exist.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Actually, this is true. I think they issue incidental take permits under the ESA for those things. They do get birds.

Insects? Any fucking insect that can't miss one of those blades deserves to be extinct.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m all for renewable and sustainable energy sources. But nuclear energy is by far the most viable and most efficent. We already have the infrastructure in place too! Advancement in recent technologies have made it so you don’t need a big nuclear plant either. Effectively making an already very safe process even safer!

Aside from the typo HRYK. "Renewables" aren't going to manage baseload all over the world. We had a decent informative discussion about this the other day.

Also, the green new deal is based on the concept of economic stimulus...which is the last thing this economy needs. FS. Stagflation would be great!

If you want to dump other people's money somewhere dump it into pure R&D, DARPA, or research grants for "clean" energy. It's one of the few areas where the government is reasonably effective.