Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good to know I'm not the only one to have watched the Twisted Sister documentary on Netflix (I believe it's old).
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019
    Love all the line play coverage! TYFYS @GrundleStiltzkin , @UWhuskytskeet
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

From Vorel:

Is it Taimani’s time?

Sam Taimani — a 6-2, 322-pound redshirt freshman defensive tackle — worked almost exclusively with the starters on Wednesday, beside junior Levi Onwuzurike. Taimani had received only sparing starting reps in UW’s first four practices, typically slotting behind fellow redshirt freshman Tuli Letuligasenoa.

The Salt Lake City, Utah, native also made his presence felt. In a 7-on-7 running drill, Taimani burst up the middle and swallowed up running back Sean McGrew for a significant loss, causing the defense to erupt in applause. Letuligasenoa also made a similar stop a few plays later.
    All we need is one of them to step up. If they both do it then we've got house money.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Isaiah Gilchrist is just getting abused. Every practice report has "so and so ran right past Isaiah Gilchrist for a long completion." The QB's seem to be picking on him. He's not an option for playing time. Just a warm body out there.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But who will replace Greg Gaines?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Isaiah Gilchrist is just getting abused. Every practice report has "so and so ran right past Isaiah Gilchrist for a long completion." The QB's seem to be picking on him. He's not an option for playing time. Just a warm body out there.

I hate to hear this but it is what it is (beyond cliche comment).

Hopefully he can be our special teams gunner Star with some memorable tackles and forced fumbles while getting a degree.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Beno4Life said:

God, can Haener just transfer already?! I can't shake this feeling I have that Pete's gonna give him the job.

For fuck's sake, can Bush not develop any of these four- and five-star studs? Why is Eason throwing interceptions? Why can't Sirmon or Yankoff beat out this diminutive try-hard?

I want the best QB on the field, but last time I said that, Evan Weaver, who should have been a Dawg instead of Amandre Williams, made me get in a fight with my wife that lasted for two days.

Fuck. C'mon, Eason! It's been five practices already. Dennis said you're supposed to win the Heisman and you can't even beat out Jake "the coaches adore me" Haener.

He's not winning the Heisman.

He is beating out Haener.

LIPO.