Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seattle, the day after tomorrow update

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You would all perish in eastern Washington

Crakima... yuck. I thought that place was shit and then I moved to Petal, MS.
    It is...BUT SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Somebody please Photoshop Willies face in window of that bus....

Fuck, that would be an all time classic? @GrundleStiltzkin ?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,531
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have nothing to worry about - the government will take care of us - Jay called it a state wide Emergency - something about climate change I think
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

For where I live, rural SnoCo, nothing will ever top December 2008. It snowed a foot on Christmas Eve alone.

Wait a minute, when I asked you for your address, you gave me Wrigley Field Chicago

Grrrrrrrrrrreat. Fucking. Scene.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

For where I live, rural SnoCo, nothing will ever top December 2008. It snowed a foot on Christmas Eve alone.

Wait a minute, when I asked you for your address, you gave me Wrigley Field Chicago

Grrrrrrrrrrreat. Fucking. Scene.
    Really one best of all tim. The cabin scene in Inglorious Basterds is a direct descendant.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258

dannarc said:

Somebody please Photoshop Willies face in window of that bus....

Fuck, that would be an all time classic? @GrundleStiltzkin ?
    Put Feld, Criscoballz, and that slimy fuck Uncle Phil too in passenger windows..... Then Twitterbate that shit to NukaPuka
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

uzi said:

I like how those people who were up the hill from the bus started running away in panic like the bus was going to spin out uphill at them.
    Need to find and interview. They may be highly advanced and we can't fathom it.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

uzi said:

I like how those people who were up the hill from the bus started running away in panic like the bus was going to spin out uphill at them.
    Or maybe whatever power/phone lines on top of the pole the bus hit were also connected to the pole they were standing next too?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

the storm of, what, 1992? I went in to Kane Hall (you know Yella, the building behind which I got my ass handed to me by a bunch of Husky ruffians who caused my twisted allegiances) to take a logic exam. Intermediate logic in the UW philo dept was a bitch for us non-comp sci / no math guysms btw) Anyhoo, fucking thing was like 3 hours long.

On my way in to "the U" that morning, the one in Seattle, they were yammering about this snow storm on the radio. By then, I was old enuff to scoff at weathermen and their sill predictions. There was slush on my windshield, and I was like, "typical fucking Seattle. this ain't snow bitch!"

There was not a flake of snow on the ground when I went in for the exam. It was wet af. I came out 3 hours later, and I shit you not, it's almost up to my fucking knees in Red Square.

Go to the wife's (then girlfriend's) apt. on lower Queen Anne, thinking I'll hang out for a bit. Wound up being stuck there for days.

Does anyone remember that one? I-5 was like something out of a dystopian movie. It was covered white and I didn't see asphalt anywhere for close to 10 days. It snowed like a mother fucker and then we had a long ass cold snap. I-5 was littered with abandoned cars from Tacoma to Everett. People just pulling over, getting out and leaving their cars all over the freeway.

Worst I've seen it around here. Or anywhere.

You sure this wasn't 90 pre christmas? I entered 6th period at my middle school, nothing, by the end of class there was 4 inches of snow everywhere. By the end of the night there was easily a foot and half. Snow and ice lasted for days. Next day specifically I remember the wind chill was like -7. Went out to play and lasted about 20 minutes. Great sledding that year. Even pulled inner tubes out. All the hills and streets had a solid sheet of ice. Would later snow night before and on christmas a few more inches.
    I remember that year because a kid from my neighborhood ran his sled straight in to the back of a parked car on a pretty decent size hill and killed himself.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849

uzi said:

It's Seattle, they are not running away because they are afraid of being hit, rather they are running to avoid helping.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    edited February 2019
    alumni94 said:

uzi said:

It's Seattle, they are not running away because they are afraid of being hit, rather they are running to avoid helping.
    Gotta get home to Tweet & post how "dumb" somebody is to complete their cycle of projection.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Where I am it's the first day above freezing in 9 or 10 days. Mostly single digits and near 0 at night. During that time we'v had 3 feet of snow or more.

Missed a connection in Seattle coming back from the Peach Bowl because 1 inch fell and SEA-TAC was paralyzed. They had already ran out of deicer for the planes. They couldn't clear the gates and we had to sit in the plane for 2 hours out on the tarmac.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    I live at 6500 ft in the Rockies. This is getting comical watching from afar.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    Elevation superiority guy
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I put my truck in 4wd today for the first time during this storm. I couldn't get up the driveway with all the slush.

Our power stayed on the whole time which is all I give a shit about. Didn't run out of food, liquor or weed. Complete weather preparedness.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I put my truck in 4wd today for the first time during this storm. I couldn't get up the driveway with all the slush.

Our power stayed on the whole time which is all I give a shit about. Didn't run out of food, liquor or weed. Complete weather preparedness.

Boy Scout!!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    about
    uzi said:

MisterEm said:

I live at 6500 ft in the Rockies. This is getting comical watching from afar.

More a guns compound or a religion compound?

The Throbber tries keep a good balance.