Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seattle, the day after tomorrow update

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    CaptainPJ said:

the storm of, what, 1992? I went in to Kane Hall (you know Yella, the building behind which I got my ass handed to me by a bunch of Husky ruffians who caused my twisted allegiances) to take a logic exam. Intermediate logic in the UW philo dept was a bitch for us non-comp sci / no math guysms btw) Anyhoo, fucking thing was like 3 hours long.

On my way in to "the U" that morning, the one in Seattle, they were yammering about this snow storm on the radio. By then, I was old enuff to scoff at weathermen and their sill predictions. There was slush on my windshield, and I was like, "typical fucking Seattle. this ain't snow bitch!"

There was not a flake of snow on the ground when I went in for the exam. It was wet af. I came out 3 hours later, and I shit you not, it's almost up to my fucking knees in Red Square.

Go to the wife's (then girlfriend's) apt. on lower Queen Anne, thinking I'll hang out for a bit. Wound up being stuck there for days.

Does anyone remember that one? I-5 was like something out of a dystopian movie. It was covered white and I didn't see asphalt anywhere for close to 10 days. It snowed like a mother fucker and then we had a long ass cold snap. I-5 was littered with abandoned cars from Tacoma to Everett. People just pulling over, getting out and leaving their cars all over the freeway.

Worst I've seen it around here. Or anywhere.

Used the viaduct down to U Village as a toboggan run, bruh.

can't imagine any better place
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You would all perish in the Midwest.

and Montreal
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

the storm of, what, 1992? I went in to Kane Hall (you know Yella, the building behind which I got my ass handed to me by a bunch of Husky ruffians who caused my twisted allegiances) to take a logic exam. Intermediate logic in the UW philo dept was a bitch for us non-comp sci / no math guysms btw) Anyhoo, fucking thing was like 3 hours long.

On my way in to "the U" that morning, the one in Seattle, they were yammering about this snow storm on the radio. By then, I was old enuff to scoff at weathermen and their sill predictions. There was slush on my windshield, and I was like, "typical fucking Seattle. this ain't snow bitch!"

There was not a flake of snow on the ground when I went in for the exam. It was wet af. I came out 3 hours later, and I shit you not, it's almost up to my fucking knees in Red Square.

Go to the wife's (then girlfriend's) apt. on lower Queen Anne, thinking I'll hang out for a bit. Wound up being stuck there for days.

Does anyone remember that one? I-5 was like something out of a dystopian movie. It was covered white and I didn't see asphalt anywhere for close to 10 days. It snowed like a mother fucker and then we had a long ass cold snap. I-5 was littered with abandoned cars from Tacoma to Everett. People just pulling over, getting out and leaving their cars all over the freeway.

That was a good one. Was use cafeteria trays to sled down the hill next to McMahon hall.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

You sure this wasn't 90 pre christmas? I entered 6th period at my middle school, nothing, by the end of class there was 4 inches of snow everywhere. By the end of the night there was easily a foot and half. Snow and ice lasted for days. Next day specifically I remember the wind chill was like -7. Went out to play and lasted about 20 minutes. Great sledding that year. Even pulled inner tubes out. All the hills and streets had a solid sheet of ice. Would later snow night before and on christmas a few more inches.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

96 was the year it snowed a good foot, and then we had like 4 days of 32 / 33 degree rain which turned it into a foot of slush. Boats were lost. Ceilings collapsed, Magnolia people fell into Puget Sound. It happened I believe the day after Christmas. I spent my winter break helping poor souls from getting unstuck in the slush in front of my home place.

I remember it well!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    For where I live, rural SnoCo, nothing will ever top December 2008. It snowed a foot on Christmas Eve alone.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I-5 was like something out of a dystopian movie. It was covered white and I didn't see asphalt anywhere for close to 10 days.

You wouldn't see asphalt on I-5 in Seattle on the clearest, August day.

Why? Because it's concrete.

#pavementsuperiorityguy
    #pendantbeav
    You wear a pendant on your beaver? POGTFO.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did all of you fags freeze to death yet?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

You would all perish in eastern Washington

Crakima... yuck. I thought that place was shit and then I moved to Petal, MS.