Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington vs Oregon recruiting dick measuring contest

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The thread quality with Ballz and without is vastly different.

I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't posted in this thread yet. @StrongArmCobra you ok bro?
    UW's class is head and shoulders above anybody else's in the Pac-12. I'm so satisfied right now. I can't wait to look back at this class in a few years with amazement and go down the list of great players UW got in this class. I also can't wait to look back at Oregon's class and laugh at all the busts, medical retirements, and transfers. Their hit rate is going to be so low. They will be the forever young team due to massive amounts of attrition and recruiting mistakes. On top of that UW, Stanford, WSU, and Cal all have better coaching staffs than them. They're fucked and they don't even know it yet.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Peterman said:

New pood segment idea:

The Stats Hour with Dennis: Everything You Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask Because He'd Call You A Fucking Idiot

I doctored it up a bit.

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I know Doogs and Quooks will say they prefer their team's class over the other but even if I were to try to be objective, it's hard to say Oregon's class is better than ours. Their higher rating is driven primarily by larger numbers (26 vs 22 signees) and Thibs but when you look at position by position, the only areas the Ducks beat us straight up were at WR, TE, and on the edge. Our class is stronger in the trenches on both sides and in the secondary.

QB
    UW: Dylan Morris (4*)
    UO: Cale Millen (3*)
    Edge: UW
    UW had their pick between the two

RB
    UW: Cam Davis (4*)
    UO: Sean Dollars (4*), Jayvaun Wilson (3*)
    Edge: Even
    UW preferred Davis over Dollars but Ducks got their “big back” while we struck out on Charbonnet

WR
    UW: Taj Davis (3*)
    UO: Mycah Pittman (4*), Josh Delgado (4*), Lance Wilhoite (4*), JR Waters (3*)
    Edge: UO

TE
    UW: None
    UO: Patrick Herbert (4*)

OL
    UW: Julius Buelow (4*), Nathan Kalepo (4*), Troy Fautanu (4*), Corey Luciano (3*)
    UO: Malaesala Aumvavae-Laulu (4*), Jonah Tauanu’u (4*), Logan Sagapolu (3*)

DL
    UW: Faatui Tuitele (4*), Jacob Bandes (4*), Sama Paama (4*), Noa Ngalu (3*)
    UO: Keyon Ware-Hudson (4*), Kristian Williams (3*), Suaava Poti (3*)

OLB/BUCK
    UW: Laiatu Latu (4*), Bralen Trice (3*)
    UO: Kayvon Thibodeaux (5*), Isaac Townsend (3*), Brandon Dorlus (3*), Treven Ma’ae (3*)

ILB
    UW: Josh Calvert (4*), Daniel Heimuli (4*), Miki Ah You (3*), Alphonzo Tuputala (3*)
    UO: Mase Funa (4*), Ge’mon Eaford (4*), Dru Mathis (3*)

DB
    UW: Trent McDuffie (4*), Asa Turner (4*), Kamren Fabiculanan (4*), Cam Williams (3*)
    UO: Mykael Wright (4*), Trikweze Bridges (3*), Jamal Hill (3*), DJ James (3*)

K
    UW: Tim Horn (3*)
    UO: Camden Lewis (3*)
    Oregon offered Horn before Lewis

I did a comparison of the two classes again. This year they kicked our ass on defense but our class on offense is vastly superior to theirs.

QB
    UW: Ethan Garbers (4*)
    UO: Jay Butterfield (4*), Robby Ashford (4*)
    Edge: Oregon

RB
    UW: Sam Adams II (4*), Jay'Veon Sunday (3*)
    UO: Trey Benson (3*)

WR
    UW: Jalen McMillan (4*), Rome Odunze (4*), Sawyer Racnnelli (3*)
    UO: Kris Hutson (4*)

TE
    UW: Mark Redman (4*), Mason West (3*)
    UO: None

OL
    UW: Roger Rosengarten (4*), Geirean Hatchett (4*), Myles Murao (4*), Gaard Memmelaar (3*), Sam Peacock (3*)
    UO: Jonathan Davis (4*), TJ Bass (3*), Jaylan Jeffers (3*), Marcus Harper (3*), Faaope Laloulu (3*)

DL
    UO: Bradyn Swinson (3*), Jaylen Smith (3*), Maceal Afaese (3*), Jake Shipley (3*)

OLB/BUCK
    UW: Sav'ell Smalls (5*), Jordan Lohohea (3*)
    UO: Jaden Navarette (4*), Jackson LaDuke (3*)

ILB
    UW: Carson Bruener (3*), Cooper McDonald (3*)
    UO: Justin Flowe (5*), Noah Sewell (5*)

DB
    UW: Jacobe Covington (4*), Makell Esteen (3*), Elijah Jackson (3*), James Smith (3*)
    UO: Dontae Manning (4*), Luke Hill (4*), Jared Greenfield (3*), Bennett Williams (3*)
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I know Doogs and Quooks will say they prefer their team's class over the other but even if I were to try to be objective, it's hard to say Oregon's class is better than ours. Their higher rating is driven primarily by larger numbers (26 vs 22 signees) and Thibs but when you look at position by position, the only areas the Ducks beat us straight up were at WR, TE, and on the edge. Our class is stronger in the trenches on both sides and in the secondary.

QB
    UW: Dylan Morris (4*)
    UO: Cale Millen (3*)
    UW had their pick between the two

RB
    UW: Cam Davis (4*)
    UO: Sean Dollars (4*), Jayvaun Wilson (3*)
    Edge: Even
    UW preferred Davis over Dollars but Ducks got their “big back” while we struck out on Charbonnet

WR
    UW: Taj Davis (3*)
    UO: Mycah Pittman (4*), Josh Delgado (4*), Lance Wilhoite (4*), JR Waters (3*)

TE
    UO: Patrick Herbert (4*)

OL
    UW: Julius Buelow (4*), Nathan Kalepo (4*), Troy Fautanu (4*), Corey Luciano (3*)
    UO: Malaesala Aumvavae-Laulu (4*), Jonah Tauanu’u (4*), Logan Sagapolu (3*)

DL
    UW: Faatui Tuitele (4*), Jacob Bandes (4*), Sama Paama (4*), Noa Ngalu (3*)
    UO: Keyon Ware-Hudson (4*), Kristian Williams (3*), Suaava Poti (3*)

OLB/BUCK
    UW: Laiatu Latu (4*), Bralen Trice (3*)
    UO: Kayvon Thibodeaux (5*), Isaac Townsend (3*), Brandon Dorlus (3*), Treven Ma’ae (3*)

ILB
    UW: Josh Calvert (4*), Daniel Heimuli (4*), Miki Ah You (3*), Alphonzo Tuputala (3*)
    UO: Mase Funa (4*), Ge’mon Eaford (4*), Dru Mathis (3*)

DB
    UW: Trent McDuffie (4*), Asa Turner (4*), Kamren Fabiculanan (4*), Cam Williams (3*)
    UO: Mykael Wright (4*), Trikweze Bridges (3*), Jamal Hill (3*), DJ James (3*)

K
    UW: Tim Horn (3*)
    UO: Camden Lewis (3*)
    Oregon offered Horn before Lewis

Shocking.

I'm sure you really struggled to maintain a clear line of sight.

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    You have to account for Devon Williams. If Oregon ends with Wideman and Jones, it will be tough to claim the class isn’t better.

Taking zero DL is a disaster. I like Cristobal’s roster management. Lose 6 OL, take 5 with one as a JUCO. He’s going to create a much more balanced roster.

UW won’t leave the PAC 12 footprint save Texas.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Comparing classes by comparing the position groups is fucking stupid. Teams have different needs each year.
  • dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Ballz said:

I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't posted in this thread yet. @StrongArmCobra you ok bro?
    UW's class is head and shoulders above anybody else's in the Pac-12. I'm so satisfied right now. I can't wait to look back at this class in a few years with amazement and go down the list of great players UW got in this class. I also can't wait to look back at Oregon's class and laugh at all the busts, medical retirements, and transfers. Their hit rate is going to be so low. They will be the forever young team due to massive amounts of attrition and recruiting mistakes. On top of that UW, Stanford, WSU, and Cal all have better coaching staffs than them. They're fucked and they don't even know it yet.
    This aged well
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    current rankings by TBSers < Jessie Callier Rankings when underwear is replaced by helmets and hits
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Ballz said:

This aged well
    Literally nothing that moron ever wrote aged well. There has never been a more stubbornly stupid human being in the history of Western civilization.

UW Tacoma
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Very late to this, but Buelow and Kalepo were always overrated by Doog fans. 4 star, but I never saw it with either. With the info from the NFL draft that smaller OL tend to end up better players, they were not great gets. Both need a couple years to lose some weight and get in shape. Then they are raw on the OL and slow footed already.

Give me Peacock over both those guys. He’s more of the raw clay than both Buelow and Kalepo.

Kalepo was more than worth a scholly for his recruiting prowess.
    Definitely. He was a ringleader and a good kid, but both are problems when relying on stars. Both had their struggles in high school and are/were huge projects.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Very late to this, but Buelow and Kalepo were always overrated by Doog fans. 4 star, but I never saw it with either. With the info from the NFL draft that smaller OL tend to end up better players, they were not great gets. Both need a couple years to lose some weight and get in shape. Then they are raw on the OL and slow footed already.

Give me Peacock over both those guys. He’s more of the raw clay than both Buelow and Kalepo.

Kid bleeds Purple and Gold.

Anyways, I remember when Fr. Lincoln Kennedy tripped and fell running Gassers --multiple times. Then, Huey got better.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Kid bleeds Purple and Gold.

Anyways, I remember when Fr. Lincoln Kennedy tripped and fell running Gassers --multiple times. Then, Huey got better.
    Seriously. They didn't sign Kalepo or Buelow to play as RS Fr. Those two will be ready after three years in the program. They have a lot of technique to fine tune, but they have the body mass for it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    No measuring needed

Quooks> doogs
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

your opinion shows just how immature you are, those of us who are actual Husky Alums know to trust Jen and Coach Lake in the process of hiring the right OC not just the one most popular on social media. If you don’t care for the process you’re welcome to root for UO