Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington vs Oregon recruiting dick measuring contest

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

Sorry but P

chuck said:

With the addition of Puka, I'm calling it a tie for WR recruiting. Yes the Ducks got four WRs including three 4* but I think among the six WRs signed between the two schools, Puka and Davis were our top two. And if the recruiting analysts are to be believed, we passed on both Pittman and Delgado.

Position by position UW wins 6-2-2 with the two losses at TE and OLB/BUCK.

Puka is the best out of the group.
    By a mile.

Nacua was a huge, huge addition and raises the overall grade of the class way more than a WR normally would. The need for dominant WR, in terms of taking that next step, is really glaring and he's that kind of talent. Pittman and Delgado are JAGS and not even comparable to him.
    chuck said:

With the addition of Puka, I'm calling it a tie for WR recruiting. Yes the Ducks got four WRs including three 4* but I think among the six WRs signed between the two schools, Puka and Davis were our top two. And if the recruiting analysts are to be believed, we passed on both Pittman and Delgado.

By a mile.

Nacua was a huge, huge addition and raises the overall grade of the class way more than a WR normally would. The need for dominant WR, in terms of taking that next step, is really glaring and he's that kind of talent. Pittman and Delgado are JAGS and not even comparable to him.

Rather easily.

Davis isn't #2 though.
    Not in the rankings but I think he was higher on the coaches' board than the other guys. Didn't we accept his commitment around the same time we started to "cool" on Delgado and Pittman?

Rather easily.

Davis isn't #2 though.
    Not in the rankings but I think he was higher on the coaches' board than the other guys. Didn't we accept his commitment around the same time we started to "cool" on Delgado and Pittman?

Sorry but Willhoite and Pittman are ranked higher than Nakua with Delgado right behind.

With all due respect your overall recruiting class talent and returning WR talent is really sub par.

You're sorry? You should be sorry for petty, trivial spamming. Have you watched any tape? Can you name the five, 4* receivers UW signed in the previous two classes and lend informative support to your statement about lacking talent?
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    From JHop at Scoopduck

“So we can put Puka watch officially to bed now. It was fun to have something on the line however through the weekend.

In the end I was told Puka committed to UW because of two things, neither huge shockers. They have a WR coach and had been recruiting him much longer than Oregon. Both of which are true.

Secondly UW is REALLY thin at WR and there wasn't much competition coming from this 2019 class. So Nacua felt it was a pretty easy path to early PT. Which is also probably true.

Like it or not, I believe those were the 2 biggest factors in his decision.

But I am confident in the guys Oregon already signed and I get a feeling things will work out just fine for Oregon in the end.

Onto the WR coaching search. It sounds like Kasey Dunn got a raise and will stay at Ok State from what I gather. I wouldn't say it's a done deal but it sounding less and less likely for him to move over to Oregon.

I continue to believe as I've said, Jovon Bouknight is certainly a viable candidate and also near the top. I had another name hit my path on Monday but I want to dig on that one just a bit more.

As we know now, with Puka Nacua out of the picture, Mario Cristobal does not need to 'force the issue' making this hire quickly. That said I still think it gets wrapped up sooner than later if the Dunn news is in fact accurate.”
  • Options
  • Options
    I don,t give much validity to 247 here as they have Willhoite with 3 stars. Both ESPN and Rivals have him with 4 stars.
  • Options
    I can’t say I didn’t want Nakua at first. However I want one of the Penn State WR’s in the transfer portal much more for several reasons.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2019
    You are so old! Plz leave!
  • Options
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Stop fagging out the thread DJ!
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

Willhoite #9 here. Nakua not even on the list.

https://usatodayhss.com/sigallery/XaLTvVJeNjY4bN9cuU2DfA/101324094

I too, love to make all my post-signing day projections in July
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yes not being able to handle the truth a Husky specialty. Yea your receiving corps puts the rest of the PAC to shame.

I didn’t know you had agists here, but I should have expected it. Yes I have seen Bob Schloredt play. I have been around long enough to witnessHusky juvenile arrogance in person many times
  • Options
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Both schools signed great classes. Composite having Oregon 7 spots higher is FS but regardless they signed a great class.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

Top 10 WR’s of 2019......Michael Pittman and no Nacua

You really suck at this.
    DJDuck said:

Yes not being able to handle the truth a Husky specialty. Yea your receiving corps puts the rest of the PAC to shame.

I didn’t know you had agists here, but I should have expected it. Yes I have seen Bob Schloredt play. I have been around long enough to witnessHusky juvenile arrogance in person many times

Did I mention that you suck at this?

Where's the truth you referred to? His statement showed a total lack of info about the UW WR depth.

Nobody clamed it putanyone to shame. That's your creation
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

The thread quality with Ballz and without is vastly different.

I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't posted in this thread yet. @StrongArmCobra you ok bro?
    UW's class is head and shoulders above anybody else's in the Pac-12. I'm so satisfied right now. I can't wait to look back at this class in a few years with amazement and go down the list of great players UW got in this class. I also can't wait to look back at Oregon's class and laugh at all the busts, medical retirements, and transfers. Their hit rate is going to be so low. They will be the forever young team due to massive amounts of attrition and recruiting mistakes. On top of that UW, Stanford, WSU, and Cal all have better coaching staffs than them. They're fucked and they don't even know it yet.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    DJDuck said:

Willhoite #9 here. Nakua not even on the list.

NOGAF. HTH