Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Moliki Matavao, 2021 TE, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Offered - 3/17/19)

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This guy shouldn't be a super difficult get, but with him and Redman in back to back classes plus development it'd be hard to hate on PowPow for what he has done with the TE's.

That isn't to say his recruiting doesn't need to improve - missing on 5 of your top 6 in a cycle is brutal and can't happen at a top program, no one is denying that. But I'm not going to hate him if he gets good players and develops them. This is a big step towards getting good players.

we need 2 TE in each class. getting one good TE is not cutting it
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Angulo:

“It is shaping up to be quite the Dawgs vs Dawgs battle for this elite 2021 tight end. I know UGA has a lot of momentum but the Huskies did a great job this weekend to make Matavao once again feel at home in Seattle so this duel is certainly one to monitor closely“

Paging @DisslyDawg
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

"What stood out to me was all the alumni and NFL players at the game; that was really cool," Matavao told 247Sports. "Jermaine Kearse talked to us and told us about his experience at Washington. We also got to meet Dante Pettis and Kam Chancellor. I got to talk with coach Jordan Paopao for a while and it was before the game, so we broke down some film and just talked.

"I also had the chance to go talk with coach Chris Petersen, so that was real good. The game day atmosphere is crazy there. They have a great fan base and student section, they have “boat-gating” and it’s loud there. Overall it was a great visit. I do feel like a priority to them so I'm definitely maintaining that contact with the staff."

Kam Chancellor was there?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    FirePete said:

This guy shouldn't be a super difficult get, but with him and Redman in back to back classes plus development it'd be hard to hate on PowPow for what he has done with the TE's.

That isn't to say his recruiting doesn't need to improve - missing on 5 of your top 6 in a cycle is brutal and can't happen at a top program, no one is denying that. But I'm not going to hate him if he gets good players and develops them. This is a big step towards getting good players.

Two is a good benchmark, but in another thread, Pete said they only wanted to recruit TEs would could do all the things they ask them to do, so some years are going to be more heavy than others.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

"What stood out to me was all the alumni and NFL players at the game; that was really cool," Matavao told 247Sports. "Jermaine Kearse talked to us and told us about his experience at Washington. We also got to meet Dante Pettis and Kam Chancellor. I got to talk with coach Jordan Paopao for a while and it was before the game, so we broke down some film and just talked.

"I also had the chance to go talk with coach Chris Petersen, so that was real good. The game day atmosphere is crazy there. They have a great fan base and student section, they have “boat-gating” and it’s loud there. Overall it was a great visit. I do feel like a priority to them so I'm definitely maintaining that contact with the staff."

Kam Chancellor was there?
    Kam must be attempting to break into coaching. There’s no other reason to be at the game where he has zero ties.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

No. We need more than one this year, but 8-10 total TE’s on your roster is crazy. 6 is good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

No. We need more than one this year, but 8-10 total TE’s on your roster is crazy. 6 is good.
    I want us to to run a 3 TE sets
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

We would if Culp was good or Kizer was healthy. You can’t run that all the time tho. I’m pretty sure Westover is going to be better than Culp.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

When we run 3 TE sets it's usually with an extra lineman, and that's not just because of roster numbers.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,309
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

When we run 3 TE sets it's usually with an extra lineman, and that's not just because of roster numbers.
    The Harbaugh Shaw Stanford formation