Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Moliki Matavao, 2021 TE, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Offered - 3/17/19)

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also - if you get 50% on your exams you’re trash. He’s trash at recruiting. That’s 50% of being a CFB coach.

Let it go bro. Paopao has Redman locked up and he's gonna get this kid too. That's two elite out-of-state TE's back to back. Both arguably the best TE's in the West for their respective classes. It's over. Give the man his props and move on.
    Ding. He gets Redman and Paopao is good again. It’s stupid. We’ve been good at TE and will continue to be so.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Matavao is in the bag. Crystal Dong.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Moliki BTE material?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We? offered Gabers to get to Redman, right? Basically waisting a QB slot...So PP still has training wheels on until he lands Moliki IMHO...

I'm pretty sure that wasnt the case. That's the most un-Petersen thing you could possibly do
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dare one of you crocks no sandal wearing muther fuckas to tell coach M he can only wear sandals at the beach.

Paging @justin Time to close.

Anyone seen film to confirm my theory this kid is BTE material?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Garbers fits the "mold" of the traditional qb that Petersen likes anyways so it's not a stretch by his imagination.

We have Huard in the fold the next year.

Garners led to Redman who we need and is a great croot.

Murao liked this move. I really like murao!

• Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789

We? offered Gabers to get to Redman, right? Basically waisting a QB slot...So PP still has training wheels on until he lands Moliki IMHO...

Pete won't offer Gee Scott Jr to get Sam Adams, Ayden Hector and JT Tui but he's offering Garbers to get Redman?

Fuck outta here.
    If you whiff on TE for the 19 cycle...yup
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Some of you just don’t get it with BBK

Dude MASSIVELY improved from his junior to senior year and had a knack for making plays

That being said, if you watched the film closely you’d still see some of the things Dennis has talked about showing up.

It’s not about BBK being an excellent P12 LB ... he was DPOY for a reason

The point as it is and will be for every player is how does that player compare and help us beat the Bama’s, Clemson’s, etc

I don’t know if Wellington will slide in seamlessly ... the fact it is being suggested is a bit telling to me

The reality is that the leveling up in LB is the guys we got in the 2019 class with the 2018 class on the whole being about a half step behind that.

IMO, I’m not sure that BBK or Wellington would have been part of the 2019 class if they were HS players
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,438
    Tequilla said:

Some of you just don’t get it with BBK

Dude MASSIVELY improved from his junior to senior year and had a knack for making plays

That being said, if you watched the film closely you’d still see some of the things Dennis has talked about showing up.

It’s not about BBK being an excellent P12 LB ... he was DPOY for a reason

The point as it is and will be for every player is how does that player compare and help us beat the Bama’s, Clemson’s, etc

I don’t know if Wellington will slide in seamlessly ... the fact it is being suggested is a bit telling to me

The reality is that the leveling up in LB is the guys we got in the 2019 class with the 2018 class on the whole being about a half step behind that.

IMO, I’m not sure that BBK or Wellington would have been part of the 2019 class if they were HS players

Really?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2200030/5721cdb14df6124b701a7613
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Our biggest recruiter for Matavao is Justin Tuitele. That Poly patriarchial influence supersedes everything. Matavao dad and Tuitele don’t fuck around and won’t let their boys make a senseless decision.

#PolyPurpleWave

Mai tais!!!
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    All I want is a BBK replacement that plays as well or better ... but at 2 inches taller and 25-30 lbs heavier, naturally.

Couple with our levelling up in our defensive line/edge play and we're fucking rolling!

Danny Hammer? Botelho? Ah You? Calvert? Tuputala? ....
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Wellington has the physical tools but has always struggled a bit with size which has led him to injuries

Who would Wellington have been taken over in the 2019 class? I’m interested in names.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    Tequilla said:

Wellington has the physical tools but has always struggled a bit with size which has led him to injuries

Who would Wellington have been taken over in the 2019 class? I’m interested in names.

Miki Ah You
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

It's not a matter of who we would have taken him over, he committed a year or more before signing day. He likely would have been our 1st commit in the 2019 class as well