Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Moliki Matavao, 2021 TE, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Offered - 3/17/19)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Per Blair Angulo. Offers from ASU, Arkansas, Cal, Oregon State, Utah, UVA and some G5's. Appartently UW will "roll out the red carpet" when he unofficially visits in the spring.

He’s going to be a national recruit. Likely the best TE in the west and would be good to pair with Caden Jumper in our 2021 class. We’ve been on him since last spring and he’s mentioned us in interviews a few times as one of the schools that’s talking to him the most.

Paopao will find a way to fuck it all up anyways.
    Do we have a history of him fucking up recruiting Poly tight ends? Seems like if there was ever someone tailor made for him to reel in this is him.
    2016-2017 MISERABLE RECRUITING FAILURE THAT UDUB IS STILL PAYING FOR TODAY TRIGGER WARNING

The correct answer: A.) Devin Asiasi

(I think he fucked up with Devin alone twice actually, but I could be wrong, we all know Paopao is capable of fucking up much more than twice with one individual recruit, or one entire recruiting cycle, let alone however many recruiting cycles he’s been a part of now, what like 6? JFC.)

Asiasi hasn’t done shit. He’s a bum at UCLA.
    The fact that he’s playing with 84 other bums might have something to do with that. UCLA fucking sucks.
    We don’t play hypotheticals. We aren’t missing Asiasi. That’s a marginal difference maker at best. We are already pretty stacked at TE. He’s definitely not better than Bryant or Otton. Kizer is a very good athlete who I suspect is pretty good too.

For all the hate, Paopo has done nothing but churn out NFL TE’s. It’s hard to mess with something that has been working.
    He’s done more with less, true!

Butt From what I understand, you can do even more with more... big if true, I know.

He is the Bonner of our O.... o, wait. He’s an offensive guy as well.

He makes his lay-ups. Nothing more and apparently can coach.

Not natty worthy in my book.

Pac-12 trophies 4lyfe.
    Dennis once had 80% of this board convinced BBK sucked. It’s okay to form your own opinion and not get caught up in TBS to frame every decision you make about the players and coaches.

I think Paopao did terrible last year in recruiting. I don’t think that’s enough to fire him and even mentioning him not getting some bum at UCLA (after he left Michigan) is stupid.
    I have formed my own opinion... I never mentioned firing anybody.

I think we can do better. I’m not happy with only WTE’s. We need elite BTE’s that can go over the middle, slightly faster twitch than my white brethren.

Culp... maybe?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:

Per Blair Angulo. Offers from ASU, Arkansas, Cal, Oregon State, Utah, UVA and some G5's. Appartently UW will "roll out the red carpet" when he unofficially visits in the spring.

He’s going to be a national recruit. Likely the best TE in the west and would be good to pair with Caden Jumper in our 2021 class. We’ve been on him since last spring and he’s mentioned us in interviews a few times as one of the schools that’s talking to him the most.

Do we have a history of him fucking up recruiting Poly tight ends? Seems like if there was ever someone tailor made for him to reel in this is him.
    2016-2017 MISERABLE RECRUITING FAILURE THAT UDUB IS STILL PAYING FOR TODAY TRIGGER WARNING

(I think he fucked up with Devin alone twice actually, but I could be wrong, we all know Paopao is capable of fucking up much more than twice with one individual recruit, or one entire recruiting cycle, let alone however many recruiting cycles he’s been a part of now, what like 6? JFC.)

The fact that he’s playing with 84 other bums might have something to do with that. UCLA fucking sucks.
    We don’t play hypotheticals. We aren’t missing Asiasi. That’s a marginal difference maker at best. We are already pretty stacked at TE. He’s definitely not better than Bryant or Otton. Kizer is a very good athlete who I suspect is pretty good too.

For all the hate, Paopo has done nothing but churn out NFL TE’s. It’s hard to mess with something that has been working.

Butt From what I understand, you can do even more with more... big if true, I know.

Pac-12 trophies 4lyfe.
    Dennis once had 80% of this board convinced BBK sucked. It’s okay to form your own opinion and not get caught up in TBS to frame every decision you make about the players and coaches.

I think Paopao did terrible last year in recruiting. I don’t think that’s enough to fire him and even mentioning him not getting some bum at UCLA (after he left Michigan) is stupid.
    dude BBK took nice jump in his SR year
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Domicillo said:

Pac-12 trophies 4lyfe.

BBK made up a lot of ground his last year ... did a lot of great things

That said if the coaches are saying that Wellington will be able to replace BBK rather easily, then I’d argue that perhaps BBK wasn’t that special because while I like Wellington he hasn’t proven that much as of yet
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2019
    Paopao is garbage.

Saying Asiasi is a bum is fucking retarded.

The hallmark of retarded thinking is the inability to envision that different processes would result in different outcomes.

The argument that if Asiasi goes elsewhere and sucks, he would suck here is like saying there's no difference between Sark and Pete.

JFC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Paopao is garbage.

The hallmark of retarded thinking is the inability to envision that different processes would result in different outcomes.

The argument that if Asiasi goes elsewhere and sucks, he would suck here is like saying there's no difference between Sark and Pete.

JFC.

I’d argue his recruiting skills are trash.

He’s putting guys in the league that otherwise shouldn’t/wouldn’t have made it that far.

Plus he’s such a nice guy 🤣

But if he ever closed a top BTE from outside of the state I would then be a fan of his.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,437
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Paopao is garbage.

JFC.

Disagree.

He sucks until he doesn't.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Paopao is garbage.

JFC.

now you know why Myles Jack licked his fingers while looking at Sark
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Paopao is garbage.

JFC.

Hypothetical bullshit. This is why you guys like to dream what Locker would have been like under another coach. Production is production. Players that produce are good. Players that don’t produce suck.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Paopao is garbage.

JFC.

Hypothetical bullshit. This is why you guys like to dream what Locker would have been like under another coach. Production is production. Players that produce are good. Players that don’t produce suck.
    price and jake produced in their sophomore years, so they do not sux?
  • Options

Paopao is garbage.

JFC.

Okay. So you are saying the coach and program you go to doesn’t matter. Ok.

But then recruiting doesn’t matter?

It makes no fucking sense what you’re saying...

You’re saying:

Even though we wanted Asiasi it doesn’t matter that we didn’t get him because the guys we got who were below him on OUR board got coached up by Paopao and he would not have because he fundamentally sucks and that is unchangeable.

Ok.

Thanks for making an argument that has no logical component to it.
  • Options
    Also - if you get 50% on your exams you’re trash. He’s trash at recruiting. That’s 50% of being a CFB coach.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

Pac-12 trophies 4lyfe.

BBK made up a lot of ground his last year ... did a lot of great things

That said if the coaches are saying that Wellington will be able to replace BBK rather easily, then I’d argue that perhaps BBK wasn’t that special because while I like Wellington he hasn’t proven that much as of yet
    We've taken "I think we have a player where we don’t feel like there’s going to be a ton of drop-off" and turned it into coaches saying that "Wellington will be able to replace BBK rather easily"? I think you'd have a point if Lake had said that he thinks they have a better player or even a player where there isn't going to be any drop-off.

Besides, what the hell do you think a defensive coordinator is going to tell a reporter, "Our guy sucks, so we're totally screwed now that last year's guy is in the NFL"?

RoadDawg's argument is correct. DDY convinced the board BBK sucked, and the arguments against this are paper thin:
    "BBK actually DID suck, because he got better his senior year." And it's completely unprecedented for college football players to improve over the course of their careers.
    "BBK actually DID suck, because Jimmy Lake says Wellington will be better." And it's unprecedented for a 4-star player to come in and play well as a new starter. Or for a coach to not throw his new starter under the bus in an interview. And even this not-under-the-bus statement only goes so far as to claim that there will be some drop-off, just not a ton of it.

Sometimes you just have to be like Ballz and take the L with dignity and maturity.

• Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186

Also - if you get 50% on your exams you’re trash. He’s trash at recruiting. That’s 50% of being a CFB coach.

Let it go bro. Paopao has Redman locked up and he's gonna get this kid too. That's two elite out-of-state TE's back to back. Both arguably the best TE's in the West for their respective classes. It's over. Give the man his props and move on.
    If he lands both these kids, the fire is cooled. He has to land a ‘22 as well.

If Matavao commits & signs, pressure is squarely on Boner to level the fuck up or GTFO.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Pac-12 trophies 4lyfe.
    He gets paid less than Boner and has shown an even better ability to develop than Bomer has.

I agree his recruiting is bad but I’d fire KB long before JP.

I’m good with abundance.
    I can agree.

Waiting for the recruit quote containing “yea, coach boner is great and that’s why I’m going to udub.”

Ever?
    Half bump.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Domicillo said:
    Subtweet from redman telling him it’s his turn
    *Reply from Redman. Subtweeting is when you tweet about someone without @ing them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:
    Subtweet from redman telling him it’s his turn
    *Reply from Redman. Subtweeting is when you tweet about someone without @ing them.
    🤷🏽‍♂️ Thanks for edjacamatimg my old non technological ass you dirty Viking
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We? offered Gabers to get to Redman, right? Basically waisting a QB slot...So PP still has training wheels on until he lands Moliki IMHO...