Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Moliki Matavao, 2021 TE, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Offered - 3/17/19)

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Angulo:

– Three programs are set to draw a closer look from Henderson (Nev.) Liberty four-star tight end Moliki Matavao this spring before he shifts his focus to the official trips and, ultimately, a college choice. Georgia, Oregon and Penn State are the teams the 6-foot-6, 240-pound prospect has included on his itinerary.

• FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Angulo:

– Three programs are set to draw a closer look from Henderson (Nev.) Liberty four-star tight end Moliki Matavao this spring before he shifts his focus to the official trips and, ultimately, a college choice. Georgia, Oregon and Penn State are the teams the 6-foot-6, 240-pound prospect has included on his itinerary.

Has he unofficialed with those 3 schools already?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Angulo:

Get those coffee cups out
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It still pisses me off to no end.

Peterman and bushyballs fucked this team and it's recruiting because of their offensive incompetence.

Not going to get into the defense....

But how close were we to winning those losses and it's all on bushyballs and Peterman and fucking stupid play calling and blind seniority and ...

Going 10-3 or 11-2 would have made recruiting so much easier but now we have to deal with an Oregon team that did well despite people shitting on crystalballz and their recruiting momentum. Fuck those guys.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We need the freshman WR’s and Puka to ball out. Garbers winning the job and playing well is crucial too. I trust Lake not to make seniority decisions. I have very little confidence in Sirmon or Morris being any better than average.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

We need the freshman WR’s and Puka to ball out. Garbers winning the job and playing well is crucial too. I trust Lake not to make seniority decisions. I have very little confidence in Sirmon or Morris being any better than average.

That would be great. I expect our qb play to be really bad though. My confidence in this offense is really low.
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He’s not coming to Washington, Georgia is my bet.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230

He’s not coming to Washington, Georgia is my bet.

Not feeling it?

That's too bad.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Biggins or one of those guys on a podcast recently said his Jr. film wasn’t all that. I’d still take him in a heartbeat but it sounds like he may slide some in the rankings.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    Standard Supporter
    animate said:

It still pisses me off to no end.

Peterman and bushyballs fucked this team and it's recruiting because of their offensive incompetence.

Not going to get into the defense....

But how close were we to winning those losses and it's all on bushyballs and Peterman and fucking stupid play calling and blind seniority and ...

Going 10-3 or 11-2 would have made recruiting so much easier but now we have to deal with an Oregon team that did well despite people shitting on crystalballz and their recruiting momentum. Fuck those guys.

This is for @RaceBannon

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    The fact that Washington made the list shouldn't be much of a surprise, as the Huskies have been recruiting Matavao for over a year and he loved his visit to Seattle last year and they made a huge impression on him when they offered him on his birthday (March 17th).

"They said they wanted to make sure I remembered the day that Washington offered me," Matavao said back in March of 20. "It was a great present for me and it made the day that much more special."

Another thing working in Washington's favor is Matavao's connection to two players on their roster.

"Troy (Fautanu) and I talk all the time and Faatui Tuitele is my cousin, my middle name is actually Faatui, so I already have a connection there, but it's about more than just that," Matavao said. "I want a place I can call home and a place where I have great relationships with the coaches and the players."
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:
    Keep workin' those phones DNC!!!!
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

dnc said:
    Keep workin' those phones DNC!!!!
    This sock puppet is playing 4D chess. Love your work.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:
    Matt Prehm has his crystal ball ready
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    Moliki Matavao is down to a half dozen programs.

On Sunday, the four-star tight end from Henderson (Nev.) Liberty revealed a top six of Georgia, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, UCLA and Washington.

Matavao, a 6-foot-6, 240-pound prospect who ranks No. 4 at his position nationally according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, hopes to be able to take some trips before arriving at a decision but tells 247Sports he won't drag out the process much longer as he aims to come off the board by the end of next month

Ultimately I would love to hit the road and take official visits, but based on how it's looking and the fact that it might not be for a while, I'll probably be making a decision sooner rather than later," Matavao said.

The Huskies currently hold the lone vote in the 247Sports Crystal Ball but that might not be reflective of where things stand at the moment. The Bulldogs signed the top prospect in the Las Vegas area last cycle -- Darnell Washington -- and are rumored to be the front-runner for Matavao now. UGA assistant coach Todd Hartley is also in heavy pursuit of the West region's No. 1 tight end Brock Bowers, so it should be interesting to see how the dominoes fall.

"We have built a great connection with Georgia over this break, actually, and we really enjoyed the visit there last year," Matavao said. "I've had a lot of Zoom meetings with the coaches and we also did a virtual tour with my family, so that helped my mom out to see everything."

The Ducks were the recipient of the Top247 prospect's most recent visit as Matavao made it up to Eugene for the program's junior day event before the start of the current recruiting dead period.

"I could tell that coach Mario Cristobal has brought a total change to Oregon football and it's very intriguing," Matavao said. "Everyone has bought in and they recruit really well. Coach Cristobal talks to me a lot, probably more than any other head coach."

The Nittany Lions have also been making a hard push for a long time.

"I love the tradition there; it's hard-nosed football but the tight ends are used, too, in that offense," Matavao said. "Coach Tyler Bowen knows how to develop tight ends very well and I know he's going to be there for a while."

The Volunteers might be the surprise inclusion on this list but it's a clear indication of the type of impression the program made during his stop in Knoxville a year ago.

"I talk most with coach Nanumi Lolohea and I've also been in constant contact with coach Joe Osovet, who has been hitting me up a lot more since taking over for coach Brian Niedermeyer who made the move over to defense," Matavao said. "They have an open depth chart and it's been great to build a relationship with coach Jeremy Pruitt."

The Bruins also hosted Matavao last year and have remained a strong suitor throughout the process.

"Coach Chip Kelly uses the tight end, it's now back-to-back years they have had a tight end drafted," Matavao said. "They use very attractive personnel and everything I would love to see in an offense. They haven't had the best records, but I could see them turning things around if they get the players they need."

The Huskies went to Liberty two cycles ago to sign offensive lineman Troy Fautanu and Matavao said he continues to remain highly interested in following him to Seattle despite a coaching change at his position.

"They have had a successful tight end room there for a while and coach Derham Cato has been a great guy to get to know," Matavao said. "We have bonded really well and coach Jimmy Lake I can tell is going to keep the same high standards for the program that coach Chris Petersen had."

Matavao is the nation's No. 144 overall prospect and No. 1 in the state of Nevada for the 2021 class, per the 247Sports Composite. In 13 games as a junior last season, he was credited with 46 receptions for 718 yards and seven touchdowns to help Liberty to a state championship.