Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elizabeth Warren proposes 'wealth tax' on Americans with more than $50 million in assets

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

I don't see how you can say it's raising or lowering anyone's taxes. Want to pay more taxes? Spend more money. Want to pay less? Spend less. Wow!!!

Disincentives to consume domestically are a really awful idea. Particularly now.
    I’m hearing that people spend more domestically when they don’t have to pay as much tax.

IJWIHSDT
    Unfortunately, our experience shows you’re incorrect, at least as to those who received significant tax cuts.
    Who cares if they spend it? If they save it it’s available for capital investment. Which is better than spending it.
    This economy is not suffering from a lack of capital available for investment.
    Weath creation and economic growth is driven by capital investment and production. Not by consumption. HTH
    Yes let's just make shit regardless of who will consume it. Supply side is the only thing that matters.

photo AF551EDE-8C08-4716-82F6-98E03405A27E_zpsx2xrslno.gif
    2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

I don't see how you can say it's raising or lowering anyone's taxes. Want to pay more taxes? Spend more money. Want to pay less? Spend less. Wow!!!

Disincentives to consume domestically are a really awful idea. Particularly now.
    I’m hearing that people spend more domestically when they don’t have to pay as much tax.

IJWIHSDT
    Unfortunately, our experience shows you’re incorrect, at least as to those who received significant tax cuts.
    Who cares if they spend it? If they save it it’s available for capital investment. Which is better than spending it.
    Weath creation and economic growth is driven by capital investment and production. Not by consumption. HTH
    Yes let's just make shit regardless of who will consume it. Supply side is the only thing that matters.

photo AF551EDE-8C08-4716-82F6-98E03405A27E_zpsx2xrslno.gif
    Because that’s what I said..... sure. Dumbfuck. It’s not surprising that a simple mind like you can’t understand basic economic principles.
    From the who who says economic growth isn't driven by consumption. There's a reason why there's low investment relative to the amount available. How many companies are sitting on cash rather than investing it? Or using free cash to buy back stock or pay dividends.
    100% false. Before you can consume anything you must produce for others. And companies aren’t “sitting in cash”. Just because they aren’t starting investment projects themselves, that money isn’t in hard currency. At the very least, it is deposited with a financial institution and is available to be loaned for capital projects and ventures.

And yet you still haven’t read anything I suggested to you and so you remain ignorant. Fine by me.

You only see what’s in front of your face.

Dumbfuck. Read something for a change
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Good luck consuming without capital investment and production.

Agreed. You’re the “smart one”. Mike needs your help.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

IJWIHSDT
    Good luck with your no consumption economy.
    I didn’t say no consumption shit for brains.

Try to consume something without producing (and earning) first.
    No need to be hostile, Mike. We’re all friends here.

You might remember I mentioned there’s not a shortage of capital waiting on the sidelines for somewhere to go. It’s waiting for consumers to present it an opportunity. When there’s excess demand for goods, you’re the man we’ll call!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hondo sounds nervous about all the lies he told about the tax cuts now that people are seeing for themselves

"They got less money back"

FS
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Hondo sounds nervous about all the lies he told about the tax cuts now that people are seeing for themselves

"They got less money back"

FS

That's their perception. HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So who the fuck cares? You hang out with morons. This is not surprising
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I actually fucked up on my estimated portion of tax and ended up with a big refund on the non payroll income

Using the same formula was the issue. I paid less tax

So which democrat should I vote for?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I actually fucked up on my estimated portion of tax and ended up with a big refund on the non payroll income

My total federal income tax bill is 34% lower for 2018 than 2017. Nothing changed but the law.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019

My total federal income tax bill is 34% lower for 2018 than 2017. Nothing changed but the law.
    So you paid $800 rather than $1,200 and didn't get a raise. Winning!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2019
    2001400ex said:

So you paid $800 rather than $1,200 and didn't get a raise. Winning!!
    Sick burn bruh.

Actually, no, it’s pressing. Dumb fuck

Add a couple zeros and your real close though