Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elizabeth Warren proposes 'wealth tax' on Americans with more than $50 million in assets

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

MIKEY:You get called out being a tax cheat and a liar and start making up shit to make your original statement seem like you did a one off purchase for someone... Bullshit. Liar.

My original statement is on this board. Sometimes it’s wiser to slink away.
    You mean this one.... where you admit to evading taxes.

“There’s a reason my wife and I deliberately make some purchases in Oregon.”
    Avoiding isn’t evading.

Is this the Daddy school of argument where you just fuck up then double down for eternity?
    So when given the opportunity to pay more taxes, something you advocate we do for everyone else, you avoid doing so.

Shocking, another liberal hypocrite.
    I advocate you and I both pay more Federal Income Tax, blob. I suspect I’m advocating a larger increase in mine than yours.

That’s different than going out of my way to pay extra taxes.
    You are required to pay tax in Washington. You don’t. That’s evasion. Numb nuts
    Still pounding the table but no facts.
    The only fact is what you originally said you do and you do it “deliberately”. Your word.
    Deliberately avoiding a sales tax isn’t tax evasion. Do better!
    They State of Washington disagrees.
    Ask the State of Washington what I owe them for purchases I deliberately made in Oregon. You can even tell them I deliberately didn’t make the purchases in Washington.

It’s up to you to tell them. There is a online form. Dumbass

Link?

I better get busy...
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

MIKEY:You get called out being a tax cheat and a liar and start making up shit to make your original statement seem like you did a one off purchase for someone... Bullshit. Liar.

My original statement is on this board. Sometimes it’s wiser to slink away.
    You mean this one.... where you admit to evading taxes.

“There’s a reason my wife and I deliberately make some purchases in Oregon.”
    Avoiding isn’t evading.

Is this the Daddy school of argument where you just fuck up then double down for eternity?
    So when given the opportunity to pay more taxes, something you advocate we do for everyone else, you avoid doing so.

Shocking, another liberal hypocrite.
    I advocate you and I both pay more Federal Income Tax, blob. I suspect I’m advocating a larger increase in mine than yours.

That’s different than going out of my way to pay extra taxes.
    You are required to pay tax in Washington. You don’t. That’s evasion. Numb nuts
    Still pounding the table but no facts.
    The only fact is what you originally said you do and you do it “deliberately”. Your word.
    Deliberately avoiding a sales tax isn’t tax evasion. Do better!
    They State of Washington disagrees.
    Ask the State of Washington what I owe them for purchases I deliberately made in Oregon. You can even tell them I deliberately didn’t make the purchases in Washington.

It’s up to you to tell them. There is a online form. Dumbass
    Link?

I better get busy...

https://dor.wa.gov/find-taxes-rates/use-tax
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm sure DaBoner goes in every quarter and reports his online sales to which no sales tax was collected.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

I'm sure DaBoner goes in every quarter and reports his online sales to which no sales tax was collected.

That is correct. I’ve been audited before as well. Fuck off.
    Liar.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Liar.
    Piss off. Audited twice actually. Both times ended up paying some. I’d missed a couple of things in my records.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Liar.
    Piss off. Audited twice actually. Both times ended up paying some. I’d missed a couple of things in my records.
    You are telling me that, as a consumer, they audited you for online purchases. Twice. To pay sales tax. (Yes technically use tax). How do they even track your purchases?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Warren’s proposal is not only going to be the final nail in the coffin of capitalism and the United States but indeed, investors will migrate to China. The danger is clear.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/taxes/warrens-wealth-tax-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-the-us-economy/
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I love how creative politicians have to be when they're trying to take more money from people. If they would actually spend tax dollars on shit we wanted, or on shit that's actually necessary to maintain a healthy, civilized society, there wouldn't even be a need for taxes. People would just donate. Instead, they spend our money in the shittiest, most inefficient way possible, so they have to get creative and try to trick people into supporting tax increases by making us think "Yeah, fuck wealthy people. Those fuckers don't need all that wealth...it's just, like, sitting there totally unused, man. Those greedy, arrogant, unskilled, lazy, fat, racist good-for-nothing rich people only got rich by making me poor anyway. So let's tax the fuck out of them. Sure, that won't improve my standard of living because the government sure as fuck isn't going to make my life any better with that money. But that's not important. What's important is that I can sit here and feel good about all those wealthy people getting fucked over. Fuck yeah!"

Start voting for people that will make people’s lives better. I always see this shit about “the government”. The government is made up of people. Elect better people and you’ll get better results.

The republicans deserve a lot of credit for electing Trump. He’s not the guy but they took their shot to get away from scumbag politicians. More than I can say for a shit load of democrats that won’t even take a shot.
    Put in fucking term limits as a cross-check to force the bad people out if the electors lose their fucking minds.

But we would lose valuable committee members!!!!
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

We should eliminate the income tax and just have a sales tax. An icome tax punishes production and a sales tax punishes consumption.

So you want to raise taxes on the poor and middle class and drastically cut taxes on the wealthy too.
    Thers’s that stawman...right on cue. Dumbfuck.
    Ok Mike. Explain how eliminating the income tax and putting in a sales tax wouldn't have that effect.
    "sales" tax.

Do you think people with more income don't also spend more? They do. And if they aren't, good for them for saving their money.

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

We should eliminate the income tax and just have a sales tax. An icome tax punishes production and a sales tax punishes consumption.

So you want to raise taxes on the poor and middle class and drastically cut taxes on the wealthy too.
    Thers’s that stawman...right on cue. Dumbfuck.
    Ok Mike. Explain how eliminating the income tax and putting in a sales tax wouldn't have that effect.
    "sales" tax.

Do you think people with more income don't also spend more? They do. And if they aren't, good for them for saving their money.

Answer the question.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2019
    I don't see how you can say it's raising or lowering anyone's taxes. Want to pay more taxes? Spend more money. Want to pay less? Spend less. Wow!!!
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,200
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't see how you can say it's raising or lowering anyone's taxes. Want to pay more taxes? Spend more money. Want to pay less? Spend less. Wow!!!

Disincentives to consume domestically are a really awful idea. Particularly now.
  • Options

You still don't answer the question. The net effect is raising taxes on the poor and middle class and drastically lowering taxes on the wealthy. How do you think that's a good idea for the economy?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Disincentives to consume domestically are a really awful idea. Particularly now.
    What? Americans are waaay overconsuming at every income level. We need a massive change in our lifestyle habits. Any negative effects of less consuming would be short term and mitigated by the fact that people are saving more money.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

You still don't answer the question. The net effect is raising taxes on the poor and middle class and drastically lowering taxes on the wealthy. How do you think that's a good idea for the economy?
    Such a simple mind.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Such a simple mind.
    You don't answer the question either. Keep dodging.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Please show me your math.

Also, economics is the study of choice and outcomes. Tell me what the negative outcomes would be. I don't want to hear about GDP and all that bullshit.